color
clarity

watch gurus - ulysse nardin?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1303193610|2899798 said:
Dancing Fire|1303185605|2899744 said:

Hm, I visit timezone pretty frequently and didn't see that?

I went to a store locally which sells all the luxury brands under the swatch group, and the SA said blancpain does make their own movements, but I haven't read that's the case?
i'm not sure about Blancpain,but Zenith and JLC are true manufactures of fine watches.

think the seller was asking like $10,250 for the Patek which sounds very reasonable to me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1303158806|2899363 said:
Ah, got it...yeah, I really want a MOP face...I'm not as much a fan of that "Starburst" thing that you posted (there's a name for that kind of face...it escapes me at the moment...think it starts with a "G")

Here's a more IRL pic of a Zenith Class Elite with diamonds. This one doesn't have the moonphase and the dial pattern is slightly different, but it gives you a better idea.

I was looking at this pic again, thinking that band looked really cheap, and it's a replica! Well, I guess if I want to buy it for a bit of change, I can!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tgal! I think Gypsy has a pair just like those & loves them! They are sweet .... but I've got vaca's on the brain right now. MIGHT have an oppty to go to Paris for a month this summer w/a gal pal. And that would take all my fun $$. How's yr. watch hunt going??????

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1303740096|2904497 said:
Thanks Tgal! I think Gypsy has a pair just like those & loves them! They are sweet .... but I've got vaca's on the brain right now. MIGHT have an oppty to go to Paris for a month this summer w/a gal pal. And that would take all my fun $$. How's yr. watch hunt going??????

Ooh, Paris! I'd take travel over jewelry, any day!

It's going. Not well though. Went to a few dealers but they just don't have women's watches in stock. I love your new one, so maybe I'll just get something fun like it and save some $$$$. Plus I am not sure I am getting a bonus this year. Our company/division made our number, and then some, but the over all company massively missed the mark. The overall company has to make 75% for anyone to get anything. It's a bummer since we had our best year ever, but we are a tiny tiny drop in the bucket in this multi-billion dollar company.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn about the Co #s. On the year you guys did so well. Grrrrrr. I hope you get a bonus ANYWAY! But I wouldn't discourage you at all from the "fun watch" category. I'm certainly having capital F-U-N w/mine!!!! And, hey, you were reminiscing about your Dad's old Seiko anyhoooooooo :naughty: :devil:

ps--(Paris is probably a long shot -- but I have to plan for it until I know for sure. Before Amelia came along ... would you have left your DH for a month just for a getaway, not directly work related?? It seems so selfish to me but he's supportive. Ha. He probably realizes its a long shot also. :tongue: )

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1303842720|2905501 said:
Darn about the Co #s. On the year you guys did so well. Grrrrrr. I hope you get a bonus ANYWAY! But I wouldn't discourage you at all from the "fun watch" category. I'm certainly having capital F-U-N w/mine!!!! And, hey, you were reminiscing about your Dad's old Seiko anyhoooooooo :naughty: :devil:

ps--(Paris is probably a long shot -- but I have to plan for it until I know for sure. Before Amelia came along ... would you have left your DH for a month just for a getaway, not directly work related?? It seems so selfish to me but he's supportive. Ha. He probably realizes its a long shot also. :tongue: )

I wish I had my dad's old seiko! I think it was rusty though, hehehe.

And if my husband was for it, and I had plenty of vacation time, I would have LOVED to leave him. It's hard to say as far as "before" I had Amelia, since I was knocked up before our first anni, but let's pretend right now at this point in time, I didn't have kids. We've been married 5 years, both of us this Oct right? I would REALLY be up for doing a trip now without him! Not that I don't love him and enjoy traveling with him, but right now I am all about enjoying quality SELFISH time. It's so hard lately to be selfish...so it sounds awesome to me. I might have felt leaving him pre-kid because we hadn't been married that long.

I've actually been wanting to go somewhere for a mini trip by myself. Did you guys reschedule Vegas? Gonna be at the PS GTG?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon, you are so sweet to post that for me! Yes, I saw that on their site, but it's too big for me...I top out at 34 mm case.

But I have some pics to share! I got ahold of the Zenith rose with diamonds, and took some pics. I like it, but the face is too busy for me. However they just released the 2011 version, which I think brings everything I am looking for into one watch. I'll post the pics in a minute...

So without further ado, pics first of the 2010 Rose Gold Zenith Class Lady Moonphase with diamond bezel.

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
2011 takes out the markers for the time (the second markers wer too much, IMHO). Just diamonds on the face. Me likey diamonds! :lickout:

I also prefer the hands on the 2011 model.

RIMG0668-500x375.jpg

03.2310.692.81.C706.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the RG.. :love: how much :$$): ?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1306026318|2927512 said:

DF, it's about 11K retail, so I could have gotten it for about 8K or so.

The one I am looking at (the one with the gray strap) is $4800 retail and I can get it for $3600.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1306027113|2927515 said:
Dancing Fire|1306026318|2927512 said:

DF, it's about 11K retail, so I could have gotten it for about 8K or so.

The one I am looking at (the one with the gray strap) is $4800 retail and
Code:
[code]I can get it for $3600
[/code]
SS MOP dial with clear back?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS MOP dial, diamond markers. It's the one I posted above DF. What do you think?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1306031289|2927547 said:
SS MOP dial, diamond markers. It's the one I posted above DF. What do you think?
don't know about their lady's watches,but i've seen a couple of their gent's model and the movements are very well crafted.. :love: :appl: not many people have heard of Zenith but they're one of the very few
Code:
"[code][u]true manufacture[/u]
[/code]" of fine watches.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1306032833|2927556 said:
TravelingGal|1306031289|2927547 said:
don't know about their lady's watches,but i've seen a couple of their gent's model and the movements are very well crafted.. :love: :appl: not many people have heard of Zenith but they're one of the very few
Code:
"[code][u]true manufacture[/u]
[/code]" of fine watches.

Yeah, it felt really nice on. Honestly, not as nice on as the Blancpain, but it was also half the price. The watch I am looking at is not the El Primero movement, which they are known for. But still, I think they make a nice watch - limited production compared to some of the other luxury watches.

I think for $3600, I'd be happy with this watch, but I still need to look at my other options.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also prefer the white metal/latter model you posted TG. Looks very well on you.
A colleague has a Zenith and is very happy--good looking and well made.

Get it! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1306189043|2928576 said:
HI:

I also prefer the white metal/latter model you posted TG. Looks very well on you.
A colleague has a Zenith and is very happy--good looking and well made.

Get it! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon, I'm leaning toward it!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw some new U N watches yesterday--and while they did not have every style availabe for display, the ones they had I didn't not care for. I prefer the one you are contemplating! (not that is makes a differnce what I like hehheee)

cheers-Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1306426955|2930869 said:
HI:

Saw some new U N watches yesterday--and while they did not have every style availabe for display, the ones they had I didn't not care for. I prefer the one you are contemplating! (not that is makes a differnce what I like hehheee)

cheers-Sharon

Yeah, I agree...the UN watches are way over the top for me once I saw their current lineup. And sure it makes a difference what you like...you have great taste!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still looking forward to seeing what you're gonna get! That rose one was yumzo. But I suspect you'd get more wear out of a white metal over time. The suspense!

(ps-- no Paris for me ... my freelance gig looks like its going to go into mid-July. Was fun to dream of it though!!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

TG, in my quest for a grad present for my son, I came across a new line up in the (brand) Cartier. All stainless, quartz, no diamonds, Round (Ronde Solo) and Tank (Tank solo) style. Ronde Solo was my favorite--big face, sapphire crown, date. While you are in the market, you could check them out as a comparison. Great price point for a Cartier! (altho not the panache of the Zenith you posted...)
Cartier website has pictures.

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, bummer about Paris! That would have been so fun. You haven't been around here lately so I was hoping you'd already gone to Paris!

I'll see if I can take a look at Cartier...but honestly, I almost don't want Cartier because it's Cartier! I tend to lean to the more obscure stuff. Even in the watch world, Zenith doesn't seem to have the pull that the other brands do. Plus I really want an automatic, not quartz.

Well, crunch time! Got the call this morning that I did indeed get my bonus so I want to pick something up in the next week or so. If anyone has any last minute suggestions for an automatic, 34mm (and below) ladies watch for under 4K, lemme know!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I put my order in. 6-8 week lead time, so I'll come back and update then!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1307463756|2939875 said:
OK, I put my order in. 6-8 week lead time, so I'll come back and update then!

Update alert!!! looking for updates!!! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sahroon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my watch! Love it, but out of town. Will post pics next week!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results