shape
carat
color
clarity

Warning! Picture Overload

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
CCN- That''s a great pic!
9.gif
I agree that you can wear pearls with everything. But I also think it''s about how you feel in them. I love tahitians. Adore them. Love their colors, and the way they change. The way I feel wearing them.. etc. I can wear them with pretty much everything.

White pearls.. i guess i just feel blah about (not that I''d say no to a gorgeous South Sea strand
31.gif
). They''re just not me most of the time. I love them on others, love seeing the pics here, but when I wear them.. hmm.. put it this way, i don''t take every chance to run to the mirror.. know what I mean? With tahitians, they just excite me. I always want to see what the colors look like depending on where I am. I''ll take every chance to run to the bathroom to look at them in the mirror. I just love them. I was a nut these last few days with the new strand.. lol.

I do think every girl should have a nice pair of white pearls in her wardrobe. They''re just a classic strand so I am glad I have them. Just not something I''d run to if the choice was between tahitians and akoya''s.. .lol

HHP- I was browsing ebay and came across a store based out of tawian. There pics are gorgeous and what I consider high luster. Their prices match their strand (very, high) for the pic I''m about to post. Ack, I digress. Anyway, this is what I think of when I think of high luster. I understand what you mean about baroque strands specifically. It makes sense. But for a round strand, the following pics are just.. wow.. oh, it''s also $7,800. Wonder if the colors are at least close to the pics in real life.

ebayth2.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

ebayth3.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! That is too funny! Something about wearing pearls can make you feel quite cheery........ especially while cleaning your house!!! Here is a close up shot maybe this will enable you to buy some of the silver akoyas.........Muhahahahah!
11.gif

clsupme.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 11:00:22 AM
Author: elle_chris
CCN- That''s a great pic!
9.gif
I agree that you can wear pearls with everything. But I also think it''s about how you feel in them. I love tahitians. Adore them. Love their colors, and the way they change. The way I feel wearing them.. etc. I can wear them with pretty much everything.

White pearls.. i guess i just feel blah about (not that I''d say no to a gorgeous South Sea strand
31.gif
). They''re just not me most of the time. I love them on others, love seeing the pics here, but when I wear them.. hmm.. put it this way, i don''t take every chance to run to the mirror.. know what I mean? With tahitians, they just excite me. I always want to see what the colors look like depending on where I am. I''ll take every chance to run to the bathroom to look at them in the mirror. I just love them. I was a nut these last few days with the new strand.. lol.

I do think every girl should have a nice pair of white pearls in her wardrobe. They''re just a classic strand so I am glad I have them. Just not something I''d run to if the choice was between tahitians and akoya''s.. .lol

HHP- I was browsing ebay and came across a store based out of tawian. There pics are gorgeous and what I consider high luster. Their prices match their strand (very, high) for the pic I''m about to post. Ack, I digress. Anyway, this is what I think of when I think of high luster. I understand what you mean about baroque strands specifically. It makes sense. But for a round strand, the following pics are just.. wow.. oh, it''s also $7,800. Wonder if the colors are at least close to the pics in real life.

I know exactly what you mean concerning the tahitians. I often do the same things. I find myself taking them off while watching t.v. and seeing what they look like in different lighting. They are just so mystical with the beautiful colors they display. I like the way they feel like silk against my skin! Those tahitians that you posted or TDF! Look at the colors and the mirror-like luster!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:27:33 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 3/15/2010 11:00:22 AM
Author: elle_chris

I know exactly what you mean concerning the tahitians. I often do the same things. I find myself taking them off while watching t.v. and seeing what they look like in different lighting. They are just so mystical with the beautiful colors they display. I like the way they feel like silk against my skin! Those tahitians that you posted or TDF! Look at the colors and the mirror-like luster!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Another great pic CCN!

Swedish- DO IT!
31.gif

Just know, that this is my
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
devious-plotting-a-purchase look
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Going for the silver/blues eh?
31.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, silvery blue baroques in stock somewhere!!!! I must not look.

CCN you look so great in your pearls- thanks for posting. Honestly I wear them doing laundry! they just make me feel good.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

30.gif

CCN, nice to meet you!
1.gif
Get yourself a bracelet and it''s easier to gaze at them. Or you have to get an opera length so you can look down.
31.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Elle, it's hard to say. The strand has been photoshopped too much and matted down already. I think it has too many grey pearls, but that's just me. Most of them look like dark gray body with barely other overtones on top. One of them is too dark, almost black. The green ones are ok, only a few are intense. The pink overtone is too subtle, which will not show or pop on skin. Whatever they did to the pics, they intensify the pink, or the camera sees more pink than our naked eyes. I don't think the strand will pack the "wow". What are the sizes of the pearls for $7,800?

I like Manapearl's pictures. They look very true-to-life; and I like the ability to move my cursor around for a close-up of the strand.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
hmm.. good question. I don''t remember the size but I don''t believe anything was over 12mm. In fact, pretty sure they were smaller.

I thought photoshop too but i was really hoping they weren''t. Just such beautiful pictures.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 7:35:00 PM
Author: HHPmom

30.gif

CCN, nice to meet you!
1.gif
Get yourself a bracelet and it''s easier to gaze at them. Or you have to get an opera length so you can look down.
31.gif

I like the way you think, in fact, so much that I just got an opera length (well kinda) strand. They are a lesser expensive strand in creamy white with suttle rose overtones........... they are pretty decent for the price though. Hey Swedish, ................I saw you took the plunge!! Muhahahaha!!
11.gif
36.gif
Who''s next!!!!!!????
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results