shape
carat
color
clarity

Warning! Picture Overload

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
So, as the weather here has been terrible for the last three days and I dread going out, i decided to take and post a bunch of pics. I didn''t photoshop any of them except to resize/crop.They were all taken without a flash. Some on macro mode, some on regular.
It''s difficult to describe the true colors, as depending on where in my apartment I''m standing, they change. What I''m wearing also seems to affect it.

There are two pearls at the top of the strand that I''ll eventually replace. No real luster and they''re almost black with no overtone that I can see. Other than those, I love it
9.gif

Here''s the first (of many).

Copy of IMG_5116.JPG

*waits patiently*

I''m just on PS.. and doing laundry.. I can wait
11.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Copy of IMG_5215.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
This is where you can't see any blue on me with the akoya silver/blue strand..

Copy of IMG_5209.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Shades up..

Copy of IMG_5145.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
shades down (swedish, I'm just getting started..lol)

Copy of IMG_5143.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Copy of IMG_5152.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
BUT WAIT! There''s more.. haha

another111.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
And more...

another222.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
and lots more..
9.gif

Copy of IMG_5187.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
not even close to done!

Copy of IMG_5189.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
5 more to go

Copy of IMG_5245.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
4.. (starting to bore even myself)

Copy of IMG_5261.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Copy of IMG_5262.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
2.. almost there (think i posted this one)

ffandppstrand1.jpg

Those akoyas really DO look a bit white next to the colored tahitians!

I am loving these pictures... and how they look next to different strands/ lighting conditions! So smart!

30.gif

ETA: is the green strand PP? or FF? It looks really good with the multi's

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Done. Thought this one was cool. It was taken as it was getting dark. interesting colors.

ffpp.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
the green baroque is PP. I love the greens.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pictures.

I am mad about that silver blue strand! It looks great mixed up with the new strand

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Garden.

The silver/blue''s look very white on me. It''s a very pretty strand and I have worn it with a black suit. But it''s not a fun strand on me. Looks too formal to wear with jeans, t-shrit.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Elle, it is beautiful. I love the center pearl which turns bluish in certain lighting conditions. That's the beauty of non-white pearls, especially tahitian pearls. They are chameleon.

Please don't save your silvery blue akoya, but wear them and enjoy them. They don't look formal at all. Whatever makes you feel good in, wear them. I don't have rules for pearls. LOL. I think it's the locality, how we think, sometimes dictate what we consider formal. In French Polynesia and Hawaii, women wear round tahitians with jersey top, spaghetti straps, etc. We generally associate round strands for more formal occasions, not these women. Here are some pics I saw of women living in FP and Hawaii. Although these are posted in other public forums (non-pearl), I didn't have the authors' permission, so I cropped out their faces.

IMG_1959croptahitian.JPG

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another woman wearing a round strand with spaghetti strap. By the way, PP's green strand looks really good on you. It's a good color on me too.
3.gif

Crop tahitian 2.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Completely agree with HHPmom,

A pair of jeans, a white tee, and a strand of pearls, even better, jeans and white button down over a strappy little nothing and those amazing silvery blues!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you HHPmom.

It''s interesting about the round pearls looking formal depending on where you''re from. I thought the same thing last year. I tried on a gorgeous peacock strand and thought, there''s no way I can pull this off. Now, I''m saving my pennies for an excellent luster, round peacock strand. (the word "laquer" has been sticking in my head ever since you used it to describe top quality luster. I think it''s the perfect description, HHP).

I can''t see the pearls too well in the first pic, but I love the second one.

Garden- The white button down over the strappy little nothing..lol.. been there, done that, but with my baroque strand. I guess it''s as mental thing with the akoya''s. Or maybe just not really my style. Not sure yet.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the photos - you have lovely pearls

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely collection, Elle! Enjoy your pearls.

I think tahitians look wonderful with a white shirt or t-shirt. I''m now at work, wearing 2 strands of multi-coloured tahitians (one from Elana and the other from PP, and a darker strand from E) with a white shirt and blue jeans. And may I say it''s a fabulous combo.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Maevie
1.gif

DiaDiva- Thank you. You neckful of pearls is still one of my favorite looks.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 8:25:18 PM
Author: elle_chris
Thank you HHPmom.

It''s interesting about the round pearls looking formal depending on where you''re from. I thought the same thing last year. I tried on a gorgeous peacock strand and thought, there''s no way I can pull this off. Now, I''m saving my pennies for an excellent luster, round peacock strand. (the word ''laquer'' has been sticking in my head ever since you used it to describe top quality luster. I think it''s the perfect description, HHP).

I can''t see the pearls too well in the first pic, but I love the second one.

Garden- The white button down over the strappy little nothing..lol.. been there, done that, but with my baroque strand. I guess it''s as mental thing with the akoya''s. Or maybe just not really my style. Not sure yet.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments.
I would like to clarify a bit further. Baroque pearls seem to have more of the lacquerish luster. In fact, based on my experience and what I''ve read, due to the way the nacre are stacked on non-round pearls, they seem to have better luster and striking colors than round ones. That doesn''t mean round tahitians are not shiny though.

Jeremy had a Tahitian pearls sale for Mother''s Day last year. I was lucky enough to snatch a dark peacock strand with drop shape for less than $600. The whole strand looks "wet" and shimmers with emerald green, aubergine and magenta. I see round pearls with sharp, mirror luster, but they don''t quite achieve the "wet" look, at least not the ones I''ve seen IRL.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearls look fabulous whether they are together or apart! I just love to see people wearing pearls. Truth be told, I wish I could see them wear them more often. I wore my tahitians layered yesterday. I think the silver blue akoyas look fabulous on you! I don''t think they are too washed out or dressy by any means! Also, because they are baroque, it makes them a bit more contemporary. Your akoyas look to be a nice size too! Mine are 8-8.5mm. I wore them with this outfit...but you may not be able to see them that well. Pearls seem so versatile to me now that I wear them often and I wear them often because they are so versatile...........
9.gif

silvermeakoyas.jpg

CCN, Elle, you are seriously making me want some blue akoyas.... and... they are back in stock..... MUST. RESIST.
12.gif

Btw, CCN, I would totally wear that outfit with those pearls too! I think pearls can be "dressed down" or up. I think it really comes down to what you are comfortable with.
Sometimes, I wear pearls around the house in my pjs... just cuz!!
Yesterday, I wore my freshadama studs while cleaning the house, in raggy clothes!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results