shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting but Waiting...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Days like this, I figure I'll either be plenty ready with lots of practice in patience or my brain will win out and I won't invite another living creature into this house to disrupt my sleep :nono:

19 year old dog has had me up since 2am barking LOUDLY every 15 minutes or so. No reason. She finally paused long enough for me to get to sleep only to have my alarm go off at 5:58 so that I could haul a 13-year-old out of bed when she ignored her alarm clock... again.

When I've had a couple of hours to sleep it will all be better. The dog is wonderfully sweet and I can't imagine life without her (we've been together for about 18 years!). "A" is nice and really is learning and growing into a great person.
But for right this minute I would happily go sleep in my car if it meant some peace and quiet!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1366714920|3432802 said:
Was at a shower on Sunday with two preggo ladies. Was envious. While I'm not ready, I did want to be preg along with them. Can't wait til the time is right!

Funny, I'm the opposite! Every time I see a preggo all I think is "oh thank God it's not me."

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1366732180|3432947 said:
megumic|1366714920|3432802 said:
Was at a shower on Sunday with two preggo ladies. Was envious. While I'm not ready, I did want to be preg along with them. Can't wait til the time is right!

Funny, I'm the opposite! Every time I see a preggo all I think is "oh thank God it's not me."

I'm with Megumic...I get all swoony when I see baby bellies! :love:

As for us, I think we're going to stick with a more preventative bc method (not the pill though) and wait on ttc. Boo! BUT, at least I'll get more house stuff done, because I plan to hound the heck out of DH to make that stuff happen. If a surprise comes along in the middle, that would be completely and totally welcomed. As for actually 'trying', we will be waiting it out.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with megumic as well. My SIL is now pregnant with her second, and I swear, even when she is talking about morning sickness and peeing all the time, all I can think about is how much I want that.

Speaking of, I feel like I'm getting a little preview of what it might be like today. My period came three days late this month. I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I almost wondered for a second. I'm usually quite regular. And today, I woke up feeling so nauseous I ran straight for the bathroom. No vomiting, but oh my God, the nausea. Every smell or mention of food made me feel sick. I forced down some mint tea and toast and went out for a little walk, which made me break out into a sweat, even though I'm accustomed to much more exercise. I did feel somewhat better after that. Then, about an hour ago, I finally got my period, and the nausea has all but subsided (and given way to super fun cramps instead, but at least that's a familiar feeling). I am pretty sure I am not sick, as I feel no other symptoms and it subsided quickly. I think it was just a hormonal thing. I absolutely would have been getting ready to take a pregnancy test had my period not come later. I have never had nausea with my period before, but apparently some women get it and it is rather similar to morning sickness. I can't imagine feeling like this every day for three months. Guess it's good to know what I might be in for, though.

Also, I told my husband all of this, and his response was "ew." So supportive. :rolleyes:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I have been getting envious of pregnant ladies and babies! Can't wait to have my own!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1366905333|3434347 said:
I have been getting envious of pregnant ladies and babies! Can't wait to have my own!

I have a baby shower next weekend and I plan to do an inappropriate amount of belly touching to get my fill! :o :love:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
You gals are crazy! There are certain things I'm excited for- seeing the BFP, first ultrasound, finding out the sex, etc. As far as actually being pregnant? Pass.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I had a really easy pregnancy, but I'm definitely not looking forward to being pregnant and chasing after an older kiddo. But right now Ethan is getting old enough that I'm missing having a little baby to hold and snuggle again. That is DEFINITELY how nature tricks us into having more babies....

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1366950865|3434797 said:
I had a really easy pregnancy, but I'm definitely not looking forward to being pregnant and chasing after an older kiddo. But right now Ethan is getting old enough that I'm missing having a little baby to hold and snuggle again. That is DEFINITELY how nature tricks us into having more babies....

Lol...this is perfect! :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I fully admit that part of the reason I'm excited about being pregnant is because I have no idea what it feels like to be pregnant. For you ladies who already have little ones, I'm sure I sound nuts, and I'm sure once I am pregnant, I'll have a few "with was I thinking?" moments. But I do know it will all be worth it.

I just found out I am officially going to be placed in a Pre-K classroom for my student teaching. I'm excited because it's my favorite age group. But it's going to be rough if I get pregnant around then, chasing after lots of little kids while carrying one of my own. I guess it will be a good test of my endurance!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1366980622|3434889 said:
Yeah, I fully admit that part of the reason I'm excited about being pregnant is because I have no idea what it feels like to be pregnant. For you ladies who already have little ones, I'm sure I sound nuts, and I'm sure once I am pregnant, I'll have a few "with was I thinking?" moments. But I do know it will all be worth it.

I just found out I am officially going to be placed in a Pre-K classroom for my student teaching. I'm excited because it's my favorite age group. But it's going to be rough if I get pregnant around then, chasing after lots of little kids while carrying one of my own. I guess it will be a good test of my endurance!

Congrats on getting placed in the age group that you like! And you're right, it will be awesome practice for you!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much for none of friends having babies yet either, in the last week one made the Facebook announcement and is about 4 months along and a closer couple to us told us last night at dinner that they are 5 weeks and we were the first people they have told. I really think we will be the first ones to have been married who are the last ones with children. I hope these next two years go quickly and we will be financially ready. DH is readying himself for a new job search now, just bought him some new suits yesterday. I will be looking for a new school to transfer to in the next few weeks. Here's hoping!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This last week has been tough. It is getting nice around here so lots of people are out with their babies :love: From just little ones all the way up. I love watching them explore and see new things as the flowers bloom and the weather is good enough they can get out more.

Plus Mothers' Day coming up :(sad
I don't have anyone to celebrate with so it just adds that much more sad to the waiting. My own mom spends the day with my aunt and grandmother -- I'm NOT invited. FI's daughter will be with her mom all day (after I help her find a nice card and put a gift together). Generally, I'm not really all that holiday oriented. Normally just don't care. But the last couple of years have been tough as I discovered that I really do want a child in my life... not just any child - MY and FI's child. Ours together.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1367157271|3436055 said:
So much for none of friends having babies yet either, in the last week one made the Facebook announcement and is about 4 months along and a closer couple to us told us last night at dinner that they are 5 weeks and we were the first people they have told. I really think we will be the first ones to have been married who are the last ones with children. I hope these next two years go quickly and we will be financially ready. DH is readying himself for a new job search now, just bought him some new suits yesterday. I will be looking for a new school to transfer to in the next few weeks. Here's hoping!

I am seeing baby announcements like CRAZY these days! It's all women (well, mostly) in my age group too, so not just the early 20's ladies. I am definitely getting envious of those cute little baby belly pics!

TooPatient|1367207892|3436456 said:
This last week has been tough. It is getting nice around here so lots of people are out with their babies :love: From just little ones all the way up. I love watching them explore and see new things as the flowers bloom and the weather is good enough they can get out more.

Plus Mothers' Day coming up :(sad
I don't have anyone to celebrate with so it just adds that much more sad to the waiting. My own mom spends the day with my aunt and grandmother -- I'm NOT invited. FI's daughter will be with her mom all day (after I help her find a nice card and put a gift together). Generally, I'm not really all that holiday oriented. Normally just don't care. But the last couple of years have been tough as I discovered that I really do want a child in my life... not just any child - MY and FI's child. Ours together.

Sorry that things are so hard for you these days, TooPatient! Hopefully the 2 years fly by OR you move up your TTC window and get started on baby making much faster! As for Mother's day, my Mom also spends the day with my Nanny (her mom) and aunts, so I'll be hanging out by myself that day lol...the idea of Mother's days doesn't really bother me or make me envious, which is weird. It isn't celebrated much on my end (since my mom is doing her own thing), so I guess as of now, it's not that significant of a holiday. Um, when is Mother's Day again? I don't ever remember the exact date! Bahaha!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1366950865|3434797 said:

Despite the nausea, heartburn, leg cramps, shooting vagina pain, emotional trauma caused by an ultrasound abnormality, and general pregnancy discomfort, I also had a relatively easy pregnancy. Still, the thought of actually CARING for a newborn while also chasing around a toddler is what has me waiting more than wanting most days.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
Despite the nausea, heartburn, leg cramps, shooting vagina pain, emotional trauma caused by an ultrasound abnormality, and general pregnancy discomfort, I also had a relatively easy pregnancy. Still, the thought of actually CARING for a newborn while also chasing around a toddler is what has me waiting more than wanting most days.

I just got B sleeping through the night...at 8 months. The thought of going back to waking every two hours? Ugh.

But really, for me it's the pregnancy that I'm dreading. I feel like pregnancy was 9 months of constantly worrying that something was wrong. And that's on top of the physical stuff. Things you don't even think about- like having to sleep on your side all the time. I've got 6 months before we start trying for #2. I'm going to be sure to drink lots of wine between now and then.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I so agree with you AMC. I was working this weekend, and made a comment to my co workers that Im kind of sick of carrying around my breast pump everywhere I go. One of them was like, "yeah, and just when you get rid of it, you'll find out you're pregnant again." Not going to lie, that comment made me sick to my stomach, I cant even remotely FATHOM being pregnant again right now!! To think that Im going to probably spend the next few years of my life either preggo or breastfeeding is nuts! :o Makes me kind of wish we started having kids earlier, but life just happened, you know? UGH

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
You guys are funny. I also had an easy pregnancy (once it was confirmed that I actually was pregnant). I didn't particularly love or hate being pregnant, but the newborn phase was rough because we had/have a tempermental little guy. Anyway, I read something the other day that totally made sense to me. It said something like, don't determine the timing and number of kids you want by what it will be like when they are in diapers, but rather by what you want your Thanksgiving table to look like in the future. Coming from a family of four, I really believe this. I know it was not easy for my mom when we were all little and spaced roughly 2 years between each of us, but now I know she wouldn't change it for the world. And I love having all of my siblings and that we are pretty close in age and have similar interests. Obviously, every family is different, but the newborn/toddler phase is just a phase.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I do think that trying for your first and trying for your second (or third, etc) are two totally different mindsets. I know that while those larger issues of the sick feelings, someone taking complete control of your body and having to pump all the dang time are a big deal for second time around Mama's (not to mention, having to keep track of one kiddo while you're dealing with all that other stuff), right now all that I have my heart set on is seeing 2 lines on a pregnancy test, hearing the heart beat for the first time, feeling that first little wiggle in my tummy and having a big ol' belly to rub! I'm still feeling the romance of a woman who has never become a parent :love:

MP - That is a great way to think about things! The idea of having siblings closer in age when they're younger can seem kind of hectic, but having them close in age when they're older is worth it, in my opinion!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1367254429|3436692 said:
I do think that trying for your first and trying for your second (or third, etc) are two totally different mindsets. I know that while those larger issues of the sick feelings, someone taking complete control of your body and having to pump all the dang time are a big deal for second time around Mama's (not to mention, having to keep track of one kiddo while you're dealing with all that other stuff), right now all that I have my heart set on is seeing 2 lines on a pregnancy test, hearing the heart beat for the first time, feeling that first little wiggle in my tummy and having a big ol' belly to rub! I'm still feeling the romance of a woman who has never become a parent :love:

MP - That is a great way to think about things! The idea of having siblings closer in age when they're younger can seem kind of hectic, but having them close in age when they're older is worth it, in my opinion!

Fancypants, that romance is real. We've been laughing about the not-so-great moments of pregnancy, but the great moments are pretty great. Seeing the two lines, hearing the heartbeat, feeling the movement, watching him/her during the ultrasounds, finding out the sex (if you choose to do so), etc. are all really exciting. I'm most definitely looking forward to those moments again.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1367259934|3436785 said:
FancyPantsSparkles|1367254429|3436692 said:

Fancypants, that romance is real. We've been laughing about the not-so-great moments of pregnancy, but the great moments are pretty great. Seeing the two lines, hearing the heartbeat, feeling the movement, watching him/her during the ultrasounds, finding out the sex (if you choose to do so), etc. are all really exciting. I'm most definitely looking forward to those moments again.

Thank goodness I'm new, so the second time Mom stuff hasn't entered my brain yet lol I prefer to be blissfully ignorant to those! ;-)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
FPS, Please don't let our "bellyaching" scare you off. I think all of us will definitely agree that the joys of having a baby far outweigh the craziness. Example on Saturday DH pretty much slept on and off until 12N (had maybe 2 hrs of wake time in there), then we went to the park with Ethan, then DH went back to sleep. So I was left taking care of Ethan pretty much all day by myself. At first I resented that he was just sleeping while I was on baby duty. But I realized that I actually had a fun time taking care of Ethan all day, even if DH was taking multi-hour naps. We chased each other around the house, ate lunch together, read books, hung out on the balcony etc. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday.

We're still waiting, but I've been looking more at houses up in the area we want to move to. I can't really say that DH would be willing to get a place now, but I'm just trying to keep my eye out. One of my good friends here announced that they're expecting (Oct baby) so it'll be fun to have a preggo friend around :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
At this point, I'm not sure much could scare me off! :lol: I know that unpleasat hings come with pregnancy (um, the actual birthing part...yikes!) and having blood drawn and being checked regularly and having zero modesty. But I know the good outweighs the bad. My Mother told me that the way she got through her labor with me was to say to herself 'Just think about tomorrow. Tomorrow you're going to have a baby!' I'm totally freaked out about being pregnant, being a parent (holy smokes, you have to care for someone else EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!) and giving up 'me' time. I also know that it will totally be worth it :D DH has been saying some really sweet (and crazy, for him) things recently, so I'm getting more excited about babies than ever before (if that's even possible lol). We are firmly in the NTNP camp now, but we are hoping that this will lead us to a little one without having to get clinical about it.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1367261016|3436801 said:
FPS, Please don't let our "bellyaching" scare you off. I think all of us will definitely agree that the joys of having a baby far outweigh the craziness. Example on Saturday DH pretty much slept on and off until 12N (had maybe 2 hrs of wake time in there), then we went to the park with Ethan, then DH went back to sleep. So I was left taking care of Ethan pretty much all day by myself. At first I resented that he was just sleeping while I was on baby duty. But I realized that I actually had a fun time taking care of Ethan all day, even if DH was taking multi-hour naps. We chased each other around the house, ate lunch together, read books, hung out on the balcony etc. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday.

We're still waiting, but I've been looking more at houses up in the area we want to move to. I can't really say that DH would be willing to get a place now, but I'm just trying to keep my eye out. One of my good friends here announced that they're expecting (Oct baby) so it'll be fun to have a preggo friend around :)

Now DH owes you a relaxing day! You have already pre-paid lol...glad you got in some good bonding though!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1367251579|3436666 said:
It said something like, don't determine the timing and number of kids you want by what it will be like when they are in diapers, but rather by what you want your Thanksgiving table to look like in the future.

DH and I do this a lot. He is an only child. I have one brother who, at 36, just got divorced. No kids. He's the musician type, if you know what I mean. So it's likely he won't have kids, which means our kids won't have any first cousins. My family is small- 4 cousins total. DH's family is bigger. But, the two (female) cousins we are closest with are in their 40s and single. When we (I) talk about how nice it would be to just have one he will always say something like "yeah but think of how much fun it will be later on." True, true.

lliang_chi said:
FPS, Please don't let our "bellyaching" scare you off. I think all of us will definitely agree that the joys of having a baby far outweigh the craziness.

This! It's definitely worth it!

lliang_chi said:
But I realized that I actually had a fun time taking care of Ethan all day, even if DH was taking multi-hour naps.

I've basically been a single mom since January 1. DH has been on graveyard shift, which means he leaves for work around 8:30pm and gets home around 7am. Then sleeps until 2pm or so. So it's pretty much all me, all the time. Thank goodness he's going back to day shift on Wednesday!

Dani said:
To think that Im going to probably spend the next few years of my life either preggo or breastfeeding is nuts! :o Makes me kind of wish we started having kids earlier, but life just happened, you know? UGH

Yeah, I know how you feel. I already asked DH if he was okay with me not breastfeeding. Some people love it, I don't. Of course he thought I was crazy. Easy for the person without the boobs to say.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1367262172|3436814 said:
Now DH owes you a relaxing day! You have already pre-paid lol...glad you got in some good bonding though!

FPS, LOL I wish, but it totally doesn't work that way, at least not in my house. I've consciously told myself to not keep score otherwise it'd eat me up how one sided it is. So I don't. It'll never end up "even" anyway.

AMC I hope your DH goes back to regular shift soon. It's tough when it's all on you all the time.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1367291003|3437107 said:
FancyPantsSparkles|1367262172|3436814 said:

FPS, LOL I wish, but it totally doesn't work that way, at least not in my house. I've consciously told myself to not keep score otherwise it'd eat me up how one sided it is. So I don't. It'll never end up "even" anyway.

AMC I hope your DH goes back to regular shift soon. It's tough when it's all on you all the time.

I think this is true for most Moms, regardless of the situation. While Dads are great, Moms tend to be more hands-on and just there more. You will always have one up on him, so best not to keep score lol :)

AMC, thank goodness DH is getting back to a normal schedule! I'm sure you miss some 'you' time, but also you probably miss your DH too!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
We're on holidays at the moment, me and my little family (hubby and bub), and we are realising that without us ever noticing, S really ISN'T a "baby" any more!

And now I want one even more :/

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, my little guy is only six months old, and I started tearing up holding him on my lap last night because he just felt so big and not like a tiny little baby anymore. So, I know I will definitely feel that way even more when he is a year old.

I'm feeling a bit bummed this morning because even though I'm not really trying to get pregnant yet, I noticed a little spotting this morning, which means AF is on its way, which means that even though we had sex right around the time I ovulated, I did not conceive, which in turn makes me think that I will continue to have fertility issues. And it's crazy for me to be down about this because I really think it is a little soon to get pregnant right now.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awww, MP, dont be discouraged. You know that getting pregnant is such a timely event....I understand your concerns, but just try to stay positive! I have the same fear you do, but Im trying to remind myself that worrying over things I cant control is useless, you know? HUGS!

I totally understand about noticing that we dont have little babies anymore. My Mom and I were just saying the same thing yesterday about L. It seems like my little baby turned into a little boy overnight. He is 20 lbs, and such a big guy!! We call him Bam Bam, because he is truly a BOY!!! He is so rough and tough!! The saddest thing is I dont even remember him being that small! My memory is so fuzzy from being so sleep deprived its ridiculous. I dont think we will be ready for another baby for awhile, but I do think about it sometimes and get excited about adding another little one to our family. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results