• Design 7

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Other-- see my post

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO I found my stone for my RHR!

Eyeclean ( with a small chip) J/K OEC (I'll post the picture in second) and 6.7 mm.

So I'm considering setting options. I plan on taking the stone to Joe Escobar to see what suits it best before making any decisions, but I want you thoughts on the designs I'm considering.

I want something Deco inspired. I love step cuts and if the stone looks good with them, I would like a design that uses baguettes or carre cuts in some way.

I want the design to look like a RHR and not an engagement ring.

So here are your options to date! There are seven of them and you can vote for your top two.

There are 7 of them so I will have to post them in two posts.

Design 1.jpg

Design 2.jpg

Design 3.jpg

Design 4.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the rest:

Design 5.jpg

Design 6.JPG

Design 7.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is the only pic of I have of my stone:

MY stone..jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1318057407|3035838 said:

Had to mop the drool off my keyboard because my fingers kept slipping as I typed ... :lickout: I say Design 1 as my top pick for good, but not overwhelming, use of step cuts. Design 4 was my second choice, and I also liked the 'organic' feel of Design 7 and 2, but if step cuts are what you want, definitely #1. Some of the others seemed like they might overwhelm the stone if it's diamond-on-diamond action, and with a beauty of a center like that, you want the setting to be the supporting cast, not trying to steal the show. ::)

Edit: I thought #1 had the most 'Deco' feel too, with the combination of the square cut + Deco detailing.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Galateia|1318057721|3035842 said:
Gypsy|1318057407|3035838 said:

Had to mop the drool off my keyboard because my fingers kept slipping as I typed ... :lickout: I say Design 1 as my top pick for good, but not overwhelming, use of step cuts. Design 4 was my second choice, and I also liked the 'organic' feel of Design 7 and 2, but if step cuts are what you want, definitely #1. Some of the others seemed like they might overwhelm the stone if it's diamond-on-diamond action, and with a beauty of a center like that, you want the setting to be the supporting cast, not trying to steal the show. ::)

Edit: I thought #1 had the most 'Deco' feel too, with the combination of the square cut + Deco detailing.
all of what she said.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really loving design #1.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty choices! I love #2. I also love #1 a lot. Do you have any other pics of that one?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
1 and 2 for me also. I like 1 the best-it looks more Deco-y to me than the others, and 2 more..flowy and feminine.

E B

Ideal_Rock
They're all beautiful, but there's just something about that first one. Wow.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love the first one too, Gypsy. Its very delicate and I believe will really flatter your stone. GORGEOUS

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #1 best!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1--do you have a head on view of this ring? Can the prongs be adjust to be a little more delicate?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #4 the best. :)

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love love love 5. The prongs are delicious.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
I love number 5 and number 1.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to #2. The only thing I wonder about is the leaf (?) on the bottom. I wonder if it would rub between your fingers and be uncomfortable. If I was having this ring made, I might consider only doing the leaves on the top of that one and skipping the one on the bottom.

I also keep coming back to #1. I think the two rings are tied for first place for me. I didn't want to vote because I'd have to vote twice.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I vote #1 (but with claw prongs) and #5...I also like #2 but it doesn't have the step cuts you love so I'm not sure if you'd be happy with that in the long run...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 2 and 3. Yes, I see something in #3 that is just the perfect deco and I think it will flow gorgeously with the diamond. I would definately have the prongs more refined though... or maybe do a very thin bezeled miligrain instead. I love the floral design of #2, but I think you will get more finger real estate with #3 if that is what you are going for.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like design #5. It will give you a lot of finger presence, and I love the combination of cuts with it. If you were going with
the settings that have marquise shaped, I would like that, but with marquise shaped stones instead. I am not a fan of settings that have
round shaped stones in different shaped bezels. But that is just me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 and #7 for me.

The strong, pointed and straight elements of the step cut sidestones just don't seem to me to *fit* with your stone as well as the more organic settings with lots of curved lines, as Galateia called them... Plus you have a step cut on your other hand, so something more flowy and swirly would highlight the differences...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I love design 1, but as a RHR, I'd choose design 5. I'd worry that 1 would look too much like an engagement ring.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
5! I love 5! :love:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I love no.1 for the same reasons as everyone else but I also love no.6! It is a little more unusual and I think the flashes you would get would go nicely with those from your diamond.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one! Beautiful!

Cachette :))

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I chose 2 or 3,

Given the look of your stone, I'd avoid too many square cuts, though one on each side could be nice. I like the organic look of setting 3.
It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 is my fave; then #7 because I think it can be tweaked to be elegant and showcase the stone.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went with 4 and 5, I think both are absolutely gorgeous and will have a nice presence on your hand. #1 is very pretty but, to me, has more of an engagement feel to it. I think for a rhr the setting should be a little more substantial. I really love the details of both rings. I liked 3 as well.

Congrats on finding a stone! It's so pretty, and I love the size ::) ! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece on your finger!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Food for thought. I was initially torn between I and 2.

I love number one for the no nonsense deco feel. I don't have additional pics.

And I love number 2 for the organic feel.

Number 3 has baguettes which I want, but is also organic. I would totally do a different head on it as those prongs currently just freak me out.

Number 4 is also very deco, it has a very geometric design, which I prefer, and has baguettes. This one is a serious frontrunner for me.

Number 5 has a lot going for it,I would tweak it quite a bit. But I do like that it's very RHR and again, has baguettes.

Number 6 has a lot of the qualities of number one... but feels a bit busy to me at times. I think I prefer number 1 because of the long baguettes.

Number 3 is beautiful. If cost effective I would do this one with pears instead of rounds. But I feel it might be too dainty. I'd have to see it sketched out.

Your observations have been really valuable. Please keep them coming. My dear DH said he 'liked them all' and that was that. LOL.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wet blanket alert!

Can I vote "none of the above"?

#1 is my favorite because of the basket and prongs - it's no-fuss, straight-ahead deco design. However, I'm afraid that if you take it and scale it down to the size of your diamond it could easily become very busy - which is the main problem I have with most of the other settings. I'd probably start with the feel of #1, pare it down to a pair of side stones, and incise the gold to capture the deco era.

ETA - OK, since you're fixated on baguettes :wink2: ... combine numbers 1 and 5. Start with 5, and replace the rounds with three graduated baguettes on each side... add #1's sculptural elements - voila!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1318106533|3036132 said:
wet blanket alert!

Can I vote "none of the above"?

#1 is my favorite because of the basket and prongs - it's no-fuss, straight-ahead deco design. However, I'm afraid that if you take it and scale it down to the size of your diamond it could easily become very busy - which is the main problem I have with most of the other settings. I'd probably start with the feel of #1, pare it down to a pair of side stones, and incise the gold to capture the deco era.

If this is a concern (good point, btw) what about keeping the triangular shape by putting 2 stones in a -| shape on the sides instead of horizontal then vertical then two verticals for a total of 4 stones on the sides?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results