Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Other-- see my post

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 4 and 5.

But just a comment on baguettes...I have them in my ring. I think they are 12 pts each. A lot of time they just dont reflect
much light and almost look like the metal they are set in. In other words...I wouldnt do too many baguettes or they need to
be bigger to look like something other than metal. #1 would definitly be out for me because I think those tiny baguettes
would just look like metal work.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh... VR and Gala... yeah, I've thought about those options and have the pics of them. Here they are. Tell me your thoughts. Last pic is the prong/head I like. It's protective, kinda has a claw prong feel and is very Deco.

images_1111115.jpg

1240849245_1.44_Carat_Diamond_Deco_Style_Engagement_Ring_Main_View10-1-2430.jpg

Deco Setting.JPG

PRONG HEAD 1.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I'm all over number 5. Love it.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I am a fan of #4, and #5, but really- all of them are lovely and you're gonna end up with a winner whatever you go with. I love the tapered shank look quite a bit myself- it always just has spoken to me, and it's flattering to both the stone and the finger it's on- so maybe #5 is my favorite by a smidge. But #4 is a design I've tried on a similar setting like that, and absolutely adored it on my finger- and I know we have similar looking fingers so I'm thinking it'd be great on you too.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1318108466|3036145 said:
Ahhh... VR and Gala... yeah, I've thought about those options and have the pics of them. Here they are. Tell me your thoughts. Last pic is the prong/head I like. It's protective, kinda has a claw prong feel and is very Deco.

The smaller, less rectangular bagettes- do they tend to sparkle more than their longer counterparts? Would they less likely to have the 'looks the same as metal' issue?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I really love #4, it's something I'd be all over for myself if I was doing this kind of project.

It's probably just the picture, but it took me awhile to realize that #1 actually had diamonds in it -- it just looked like metalwork to me at first. I'd like to see it from a different angle. Also, this is the one that seems most engagement-y to me, and I'm definitely not a fan of the prongs.

#2 is very pretty, and I think it would look nice with your stone. It doesn't scream "deco" to me at first glance, though.

#3 seems like a clunkier, less refined #4-wanna-be. I really don't care for the prongs on that one.

#5 seems to swallow the centerstone up, maybe it's just me but it seems so busy and the setting is really competing with the center. Cool prongs, though.

#6 and the one on page 2 called "where I might be likely to end up" seem pretty similar in concept, I think I like the one on page 2 better.

Just not a fan of #7, though I can't say exactly why.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 1 with claw prongs or number 5 if it was traps not straight bags....gorgeous no matter what!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like no 1 and 2. No 2 reminds me of Kelpies :love:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of setting #1, and I like #5 too! The idea of baguettes with your beautiful stone is mmmmmm :lickout:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i voted #1 and #4, #4 having a slight edge for me. i think french cuts would look amazing instead of baguettes in that one!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for #3 but def. a different head/prongs...those things are SCARY :errrr:

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
1, 5, 4 in that order for me. Just a thought, have you considered doing a super thin milgrained bezel for the center stone instead of prongs? I've always thought they looked great on older stones and do make a size difference. Here's an example of the type of bezel I was thinking.

jbegbezel.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for #5. I think some of these won't work well when adapted for a 6.7mm stone, to be honest. They may look great with these huge stones, but I really would recommend finding some examples of settings with stones similar in size to yours. Something like #1 is not going to have the same effect with a 6.7mm round as it does with that huge center stone.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I voted for #2. There's just something so pretty about it. I also liked #1. There are always so many pretty designs out there, it's hard to choose! That is one gorgeous stone and will stun in any setting you select for it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kcoursolle|1318193244|3036674 said:
1, 5, 4 in that order for me. Just a thought, have you considered doing a super thin milgrained bezel for the center stone instead of prongs? I've always thought they looked great on older stones and do make a size difference. Here's an example of the type of bezel I was thinking.

Love that bezel setting for the center but would maybe do something different for the sides - like the sidestones on ring number 2 if you could incorporate all of that into one setting. Would look more like a RHR to me than an ering.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kcoursolle|1318193244|3036674 said:

I totally lurve the thin millgrained bezel design!! :love:

Gypsy, I'm rather tardy, but many congrats on finding that gorgeous stone!! :love: :appl: Can't wait to see what you decide to go with.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1318200336|3036726 said:
I voted for #5. I think some of these won't work well when adapted for a 6.7mm stone, to be honest. They may look great with these huge stones, but I really would recommend finding some examples of settings with stones similar in size to yours. Something like #1 is not going to have the same effect with a 6.7mm round as it does with that huge center stone.

+1

I had the same thoughts.
My first choice was #5 and second is #4. In fact, I think design #1 may make the 6.7mm round look smaller when mounted.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Number 4 is by far my favorite for that shape. I love the details of it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the last ring you posted on this page very much, especially the head ... but since I also love bezels, I thought I'd recommend this alternative, which has been hanging out in my favorites folder for ages, and which seems to have a lot of the common elements that you like. Because, yeah, am with a lot of the other posters - all of the designs you've posted are gorgeous, but some of them seem to need a large or at least elongated center stone for balance/proportion. So what you need is something simultaneously non-engagementy and yet round diamond center-stone appropriate ....

Nutty's 2.19 1 VS2.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1318253171|3037017 said:
I like the last ring you posted on this page very much, especially the head ... but since I also love bezels, I thought I'd recommend this alternative, which has been hanging out in my favorites folder for ages, and which seems to have a lot of the common elements that you like. Because, yeah, am with a lot of the other posters - all of the designs you've posted are gorgeous, but some of them seem to need a large or at least elongated center stone for balance/proportion. So what you need is something simultaneously non-engagementy and yet round diamond center-stone appropriate ....

That's gorgeous, Circe! I haven't seen that before. That's a PSer's ring? It's beautiful.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Zoe|1318254332|3037026 said:

That's gorgeous, Circe! I haven't seen that before. That's a PSer's ring? It's beautiful.

Yep! Here's her original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yikes-i-got-my-dream-antique-ring.31815/. Sadly, all of her pictures appear to have disappeared in the changeover - I only have that one because I saved it from P.S.: Original Remix. Maybe other posters have more - we're like squirrels hoarding nuts around here!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG. I think we have a winner. Seriously. You are right. It's perfect. I'm not sure about the center stone Bezel. I still like the prong head. But the sidestone design is exactly right.

file.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to stare at this ring. It's so, so beautiful. Gypsy, will you get one and post lots and lots of pics? Please?! :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1318285156|3037285 said:
I keep coming back to stare at this ring. It's so, so beautiful. Gypsy, will you get one and post lots and lots of pics? Please?! :bigsmile:

I promise to post pics. But I am one of the worst pic takers on PS... so I will do my best. Hunt has an 8-12 week lead time so it would be a while before I had it though.

I love the design though and I am so glad it was in Circe's hoard of pic nuts. We do all have those don't we...lol.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1318286020|3037288 said:

I promise to post pics. But I am one of the worst pic takers on PS... so I will do my best. Hunt has an 8-12 week lead time so it would be a while before I had it though.

I love the design though and I am so glad it was in Circe's hoard of pic nuts. We do all have those don't we...lol.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1318284259|3037278 said:

OMG. I think we have a winner. Seriously. You are right. It's perfect. I'm not sure about the center stone Bezel. I still like the prong head. But the sidestone design is exactly right.

file.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Glad I could be of service. :)

And I think it should still look v. cool with the claw/fishtail head. Wonder if any of our resident photoshop geniuses could do a mockup ....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1318287911|3037307 said:
Gypsy|1318284259|3037278 said:

file.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Glad I could be of service. :)

And I think it should still look v. cool with the claw/fishtail head. Wonder if any of our resident photoshop geniuses could do a mockup ....

I love love love this ring, right down to the bezel head. If I ever decide to reset my 2.656ct BGD stone into a ring, this is what I'd have done, perhaps with frenchies sides, but LURVE that bezel head.

Gypsy, did you ever decide on a setting and I've somehow missed it? Would it be very similar to the one above in the pic?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1318286020|3037288 said:

well then we will have to have a pic-taking GTG when you receive your new ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results