shape
carat
color
clarity

wanna see my SOLASFERA diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hi friends,

I have collected my solasfera on 19 October. I am not sure if this is pretty? I thought I should have set it in a Tiffany knife edge instead of Gabrielle''s pave ring.

The size of the band is unfortunately too big for me... For the past 2 weeks, I have tried to ask the local jewellers here to resize for me but they told me it is not advisable because the small diamonds on the band may drop off (because they need to bend the ring).

Here are some pictures for you as promised. Enjoy...:)

picture18.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
My Solasfera with my 8.2.95 wedding date ring (design inspired from Tiffany)....:)
31.gif

picture3.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
another hand shot...
28.gif

picture10.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
more handshot.. standing near the window..

picture13.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
picture from the box...

picture9.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
more handshot..
21.gif

picture11.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
my old diamond looks so ugly besides my new Solasfera?
oh yes.. my Solasfera is 1.52 carat, G, VS2.... bought the E, VS2 but took the opinion of friends in pricescope and changed for G colour instead.

picture4.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
side view... I have set it on high prongs...4 prongs...
28.gif

picture8.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
more handshot.....hope you are not sick of it ...
26.gif

picture17.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
28.gif
... still the solasfera...

picture16.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
picture of the 10 arrows of my Solasfera...
31.gif
30.gif

10 arrows.jpg

tulips

Shiny_Rock
My Solasfera with my Tiffany inspired custom made ring again....

picture7.png

tulips

Shiny_Rock
one last picture...

picture20.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous! I think its beautiful! What are you going to do about the size of the ring?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful new ring!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the new ring is very pretty (though it sits a bit high for me...I''d be afraid of knocking the diamond on things).

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How loose is your ring? Does it fall off your finger? If so, then it is too loose. If not, do you think wearing an extra thin band will help? This way, your e-ring will sit higher where the "fatter" part of your finger is.

Your stone is set high (beautiful though) and your band is delicately thin, so the stone will tend to go sideways if the ring is not snug. The spinning may drive you crazy. Unfortunately, I agree with your jeweler that resizing may affect the inegrity of the ring in terms of securing the melees in place.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Dear friends

Thanks for your compliments and concern...my dear friends...
26.gif
yes, you are right that I have set on high prongs and very thin band...

The jeweller says this ring is size 13 (local size here) and I am comfortable with size 12. So it is 1 size bigger...
14.gif

But in aircon room, I feel that it is like 1.5 size bigger... I can even move the ring up and down my finger so quickly...

Yes, I did thought of buying another matching wedding band to wear it and "lock" it in place, so that the ring will not drop out.. but I am not sure if this is a good solution. (1) Finding a matching band here is a headache too.. I have been to 5 jewellers and I cannot find a real matching band. The rings here are mostly half band diamond and does not have 3/4 band diamonds. Perhaps it is not a demand here for such design..... They are of different design too....
8.gif
(2) Even if I manage to buy a matching band, the diamond will swing from 3 oclock position to 9 oclock position...
7.gif

I have asked about resetting the diamond onto another ring.. but so far, the jewellers I have asked are unwilling to do so,unless I buy the diamond from them. Their concern is there were many complaints that the diamonds were swopped or have been different.. so they were unwilling to do this job..
8.gif

My hubby said the best way is to put on more weight... eat junk food, burger, french fries and drink cola everyday and my problem will be solved!
31.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your stone and your ring are both very pretty, but it is mounted too high for my tastes and busy lifestyle too. I''m much more concerned for it''s being the wrong size though. You really have to have it resized for safety''s sake. I''d keep looking for a jeweler to resize it for you. Where do you live that you''re having such a problem with this?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What a lovely ring!!!!!!!!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! In regards to the sizing, maybe you can have some sizing beads soldered on to the inside of the band,

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
that''s a beautiful ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, it really looks beautiful on your hand!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Quite lovely! One thing you can do if you can't change the size of a band, is have two little bumps installed on the inside of the band. I have them on my ring as it was not sizeable, and it's about one and a half sizes too big. The bumps work really well to keep the ring from spinning on your finger. Also there are horseshoe sizers that can be soldered inside the band too- basically 3/4 of a ring put inside the band, thin and slightly flexible.

And *definitely* get your ring sized right. I came very, very close to losing my engagement ring when it was too big. Fell right off my finger one night and I had no idea until the next day that it was missing. Tore the house apart for hours before we found it under the couch.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I think it''s a beautiful ring! I agree with Freefly and Littlegreykitten, it''s important to get either sizing beads or the sizer soldered to your ring so you don''t lose it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely jaw dropping!!!!
23.gif

Wow!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!! Good luck on getting the little details worked out. I''d try those sizing balls another PSer suggested. Sorry you''ve had to visit all of the local jewelry stores near you!

Anyway Enjoy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results