shape
carat
color
clarity

Vulgar Prom Dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure most of you have at least heard about this or seen it on Regis & Kelly, but if not...

http://www.nypost.com/style/39213.htm

It looks like it''s on BACKWARDS!!!
23.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD!!!! Is this what it has come too!!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous!! I''d wear that in the bedroom....NEVER in public!!!! Yikes!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smart design! Lots of controversy = cheap, easy promotion/marketing.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 5:20:30 PM
Author:Mara
It looks like it''s on BACKWARDS!!!
23.gif
LOL Mara! I''m sure *someone* finds that style attractive. My daughter would never be caught dead in that, and I could use that money for half a pair of nice diamond studs.
20.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I would seriously question the parenting skills of anyone who allowed their teenage daughter to wear that dress. I would hope that a high school would not allow a girl dressed like that to enter their prom.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That dress is a riot
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
I can''t see it at a prom/formal unless someone did it on a hidden camera type show. That could be amusing all the kiddies rocking up in tht and the teachers faces hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
11.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
wow...that dress is NUTS! you''re right, it does look like that should be the BACK of the dress, not the front! it''ll be interesting to see if they do a follow up with the store to see how many are sold closer to prom.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I saw that on the TODAY show! The guy who designed it had a 15 year old daughter and said he would NOT want her to wear that...yet he still is trying to sell it. He claims he doesn''t want to pass judgment. It''s up to that girls parents to decide is she should be wearing that dress. How can that be one of his most popular dresses!? It''s disgusting.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 8
6.gif
9:35 PM
Author: snlee
I saw that on the TODAY show! The guy who designed it had a 15 year old daughter and said he would NOT want her to wear that...yet he still is trying to sell it. He claims he doesn''t want to pass judgment. It''s up to that girls parents to decide is she should be wearing that dress. How can that be one of his most popular dresses!? It''s disgusting.
Pathetic, if this is true.
20.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn''t seen it before you posted it, Mara. It actually looks (to me) like a bathing suit with a long skirt. I have a bathing suit that the "gown" reminds me of. The suit does have a *little* more material in the front, though :).

Deb

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 5:29:14 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Smart design! Lots of controversy = cheap, easy promotion/marketing.
yep, everyone''s talking about that dress!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Am I missing something?? I clicked on the link that Mara gave, saw an article but no picture of the dress. What are you guys seeing?
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 10:37:30 PM
Author: IrishEyes
Am I missing something?? I clicked on the link that Mara gave, saw an article but no picture of the dress. What are you guys seeing?
7.gif
maybe you have a popup blocker on? (no, really)

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Does the picture come up as a popup with the article? If so, that must be the problem!
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a popup. matter o'' fact, it''s almost a popout!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta show off that ''hotag!

stylelede01242005.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a lovely necklace she is wearing! didn''t really notice it before.........

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY........ are you freakin'' kidding me???? A prom dress?! I would NEVER let my daughter even look at that dress, let along wear it! What is happening to our world
6.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the article states, it''s not really a dress for dancing; thus it''s not likely to be a major prom dress.

I do believe that they will sell some that people will wear to other types of events; and I also think that things like this will be more common amoung the younger generation going forward (who always challages the rules of what is acceptable).

Many foriegn countries do not use tops on the swim suites (tops, or even bottoms are optional); and this dress fits right into that kind of culture. I am an official for international level whitewhater slalom canoe/kayak racing - and I can see those gals wearing something like that very easily arround town (of course, they wander arround the race course in there birthday suit anyway - except for the US where they just wander arround restricted access paddler/officals areas).

While I can''t remember its name...Is it really that much different than the the horizonatal tube that came out in the early 70''s (Initially they were 4 to 6" wide, and then dropped to 2", which exposed lots of the breast, and I saw a gal wearing one that I believe was only 1" wide- but it covered the nipples and was "legal"). Schools typically banned them in less than a month once the narrower ones came out. As a teenage guy when those came out - I had no objection to them then, and still don''t.

Perry

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Leaves nothing to the imagination does it. It''s like an invitation. And not one hormonal boys (and obviously some men) need. It''s not only inappropriate to wear anywhere, it''s just unnecessary. I have boys and I wouldn''t want them dating a girl that would wear that, and they would make that decision on their own anyway. It''s not sexy, it''s sleazy. I would question a girl''s self-esteem if she thought she had to wear something that revealing. Think JLO and that horrible green dress she wore, only this is worse. It''s just tasteless. Just because someone designed it doesn''t mean anyone has to wear it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
perry, i don''t think (<----ha! there''s an understatement!) that the controversy is so much the dress itself, but that it is marketed for teenagers. would you let your daughter wear that to a prom? or anywhere for that matter........

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like it could be a good dress for college girls during Spring Break. Go to some wild, crazy, fun place, and have something crazy/sexy but also dressy to wear.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls Gone Wild!!
32.gif

I wouldn''t even wear something that revealing and I am far from a teenager. Wait, maybe that is why I wouldn''t? Too many smarts now that I didn''t have then?! Or maybe it''s because I wouldn''t look nearly as perky?! Too many reasons to list.
9.gif

I am far from old-fashioned, but that dress is pretty shocking for a prom and a teenager...I guess I could see Paris Hilton wearing it or someone who likes to make a bold statement, but not a prom dress for a young gal! Aren''t prom dresses supposed to be accompanied by big hair and funny looking dates?
20.gif

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 1:50:23 AM
Author: Mara
Girls Gone Wild!!
32.gif

I wouldn''t even wear something that revealing and I am far from a teenager. Wait, maybe that is why I wouldn''t? Too many smarts now that I didn''t have then?! Or maybe it''s because I wouldn''t look nearly as perky?! Too many reasons to list.
9.gif

I am far from old-fashioned, but that dress is pretty shocking for a prom and a teenager...I guess I could see Paris Hilton wearing it or someone who likes to make a bold statement, but not a prom dress for a young gal! Aren''t prom dresses supposed to be accompanied by big hair and funny looking dates?
20.gif
Well said Mara! I haven''t been a teenager for quite a while and I wouldn''t wear it either. It''s a joke but the trouble is some young girls would be influenced by it. As adults we can see how ridiculous it is and inappropriate for someone other than Paris Hilton (or other exhibitionists). But teenagers are impressionable and if someone is wearing it on tv or in a magazine then it''s a green light for them to copy. I know what I''m talking about here - my mother was forever telling me ''but that''s on tv''.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The article doesn''t say the dress was seen being worn at proms... just that it is intended for these and it sells well.
34.gif
I bet it does! I can certainly imagine some acceptable uses
10.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oh, boy now I know what to get for my work holiday party next year. I''m thinking I should have no problem "standing out" in the crowd...especially with my Ds.......
25.gif
Ok, just kidding. Wow, I''ll be curious to see if young girls actually buy the dress and are allowed to wear it to prom....

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I would certainly not let my daughter wear that, but even if I did my husband would veto it in a second.
6.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Matt Lauer will wear it next Halloween.
6.gif

If a young ADULT decides to wear it, then that''s their decision. I would not allow a minor to wear that. It''s really extreme.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 11
6.gif
0:34 PM
Author: Rank Amateur
Gotta show off that ''hotag!

stylelede01242005.jpg
Imagine trying to dance around in that. I wonder if it comes with 2-faced tape for that little extra security in all the right places?
2.gif

My daughter wear that to a high school prom? Over my dead body!

DiamondLil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results