shape
carat
color
clarity

VP pick named.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Granted, Trump is a terrible communicator and his style of speech is a challenge....but one needs only a bit of intelligence and comprehension skill to put his comments in proper context and understand what he was saying. In no way did he suggest that White Nationalists and neo-Nazi's are fine people.
In fact he said the opposite, several times.

Yeah ok, that's why Trump re-tweeted a video where his supporter chanted "White Power". Or do we lack reading comprehension and listening skills there as well?

Please enlighten me.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
He is most certainly terrified. Therefore his manic behavior is ramping up daily.

Kamala absolutely has skeletons in her closet. She got her position in the early days of her career by way of her relationship with Willie Brown. He has spoken openly about it.

So if she says she believes the women that accused Biden of misconduct, how can she stand next to him and be his #2?

And how did Kushner and Ivanka get the positions they hold now? Is nepotism any better? Not to mention Jr's girlfriend. Biden doesn't seem to have a problem with Kamala.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah ok, that's why Trump re-tweeted a video where his supporter chanted "White Power". Or do we lack reading comprehension and listening skills there as well?

Please enlighten me.

I was responding to your post. He didn't say that, he said the opposite.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
And how did Kushner and Ivanka get the positions they hold now? Is nepotism any better? Not to mention Jr's girlfriend. Biden doesn't seem to have a problem with Kamala.

Absolutely not. I did not reference them at all. Trump cannot do anything without Ivanka by his side. Kushner is scary to say the least.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely not. I did not reference them at all. Trump cannot do anything without Ivanka by his side. Kushner is scary to say the least.

Well no, you didn't reference them. But you did say that Harris got her position because of Willie Brown, and so Its only fair to point out the other side. And yes, Kushner is scary.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are saying that she performed her duties as a prosecutor and didn't believe in law and order? Worked just for money? Having a good position, jailing blacks for non-violent offences just for money, for salary? Can't agree, sorry Karl.

He was talking about me being "left" as in left wing politically, not Senator Harris, Musia. Karl and I have that kind of relationship. All is well. ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Granted, Trump is a terrible communicator and his style of speech is a challenge....but one needs only a bit of intelligence and comprehension skill to put his comments in proper context and understand what he was saying. In no way did he suggest that White Nationalists and neo-Nazi's are fine people.
In fact he said the opposite, several times.

You may think that you can decipher Trump and then tell everyone else that you have the definitive translation of his gibberish. I do not believe anyone has a certificate in translating Trump's inarticulate utterances into English.My own interpretation is that Trump did suggest that white nationalists and neo-Nazis were very fine people. I believe that most Americans believe he meant that, too.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
You may think that you can decipher Trump and then tell everyone else that you have the definitive translation of his gibberish. I do not believe anyone has a certificate in translating Trump's inarticulate utterances into English.My own interpretation is that Trump did suggest that white nationalists and neo-Nazis were very fine people. I believe that most Americans believe he meant that, too.

They may believe/interpret what they want but it isn't what he said. And I don't have to interpret anything. He said there were fine people on both sides....Those are his actual words. In context is it clear...he believes there were some people who were not there to fight or cause violence or do harm, representing both points of view, legally and peacefully protesting. He condemned violence from both sides....specifically calling out racists, neo-Nazi's and white supremacists. An interpretation that he said white nationalists and neo_Nazi's are fine people is simply incorrect.

I know it is easier to justify orange man bad theology by twisting words but if one believes he is a racist why resort to lies and misrepresentations to make that point?
Find something that he actually did say/do.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In context is it clear...he believes there were some people who were not there to fight or cause violence or do harm, representing both points of view, legally and peacefully protesting.

Wrong.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock

“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group … There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest.”

"...and you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? "

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group … There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest.”

"...and you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? "

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

I guess he wanted to rein in the Confederate voters.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

I am expecting Senator Harris to condemn violence and ruining cities as well as looting. Since I believe she is pro Law and Order as a former prosecutor. Unless she has radically changed her views and believes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never use what I consider a vulgar word, but as the protesters at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School said,"I call BS".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am expecting Senator Harris to condemn violence and ruining cities as well as looting. Since I believe she is pro Law and Order as a former prosecutor. Unless she has radically changed her views and believes.

I would bet Senator Harris would be willing to arrest people who committed crimes, but according to the rule of law (which means that there must be probable cause for an arrest and that protesters are not swept up in a group and thrown in unmarked vans simply for assembly where some federal agents don't want them).

Donald Trump, on the other hand, did not condemn the violence of the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and he perpetrated the violence against the citizens in Lafayette Park. (And don't forget that against the Australian journalists.) He should have had Bill Barr and himself arrested for that. No one is above the law here. He ordered that violence.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
simply for assembly

Not true, please I don't want to post many videos shoving "peaceful protesters" one more time.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I would bet Senator Harris would be willing to arrest people who committed crimes, but according to the rule of law (which means that there must be probable cause for an arrest and that protesters are not swept up in a group and thrown in unmarked vans simply for assembly where some federal agents don't want them).

Donald Trump, on the other hand, did not condemn the violence of the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and he perpetrated the violence against the citizens in Lafayette Park. (And don't forget that against the Australian journalists.) He should have had Bill Barr and himself arrested for that. No one is above the law here. He ordered that violence.

And he has repeatedly retweeted white nationalists.Accidentally, I imagine.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@AGBF I hope she condemns violence, of course she is not in a position to arrest anyone and never was, I believe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not true, please I don't want to post many videos shoving "peaceful protesters" one more time.

More people engaged in peaceful protest than rioted throughout the weeks of time we Americans spent in the streets protesting the brutal strangulation of Gerorge Floyd at the hands of four policemen.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I hope she condemns violence, of course she is not in a position to arrest anyone and never was, I believe.

Why must she condemn violence? Why would anyone assume she supports violence? Would you ask a nice, white, Republican lady to condemn violence as soon as she anounced she was running for office?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I never use what I consider a vulgar word, but as the protesters at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School said,"I call BS".

you call BS on what? THose are quotes. I did not make them up.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, did not condemn the violence of the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville

This however is BS....please see above quotes. Or by all means google it yourself and show those direct quotes to be false, made up or whatever.

Here, I'll help you out with a few more....

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

"As I said on remember this, Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."

I get that you are really struggling with this...but those are the words.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Would you ask a nice, white, Republican lady to condemn violence as soon as she anounced she was running for office?

Not as soon as she announces, I will give this nice white lady plenty of a time, of course. I hope Senator Harris finds time too. Violence is not going to stop soon unfortunately. It will last at least till Nov. 3. I just found out that the mayor of Portland has finally condemned the violence https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...demns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder
"Don’t think for a moment that you are, if you are participating in this activity, you are not being a prop for the reelection campaign of Donald Trump — because you absolutely are," he continued. "You are creating the b-roll film that will be used in ads nationally to help Donald Trump during this campaign. If you don’t want to be part of that, then don’t show up.”

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And so it begins. The birthers have started their schtick re: Harris is ineligible to be president because her parents weren't naturalized citizens when she was born :rolleyes: Waiting for the "she's not Black enough" "she's not Asian enough" crap to start. I doubt I'll tune into anything during this campaign until election day. I just don't want to hear the BS that will freely flow from all sides.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
And so it begins. The birthers have started their schtick re: Harris is ineligible to be president because her parents weren't naturalized citizens when she was born :rolleyes: Waiting for the "she's not Black enough" "she's not Asian enough" crap to start. I doubt I'll tune into anything during this campaign until election day. I just don't want to hear the BS that will freely flow from all sides.

Oh it's already started. JudgeJoeBrown on twitter, for one. Ugly stuff.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you call BS on what? THose are quotes. I did not make them up.

This however is BS....please see above quotes. Or by all means google it yourself and show those direct quotes to be false, made up or whatever.

Here, I'll help you out with a few more....

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

"As I said on remember this, Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."

I get that you are really struggling with this...but those are the words.

I'm not struggling. I don't have to try to wrestle someone's words the way you do. I'm more a John Lewis fan than a Trump fan. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Fight for justice.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not struggling. I don't have to try to wrestle someone's words the way you do. I'm more a John Lewis fan than a Trump fan. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Fight for justice.

I'm not wrestling, nor am I claiming to be a fan or take sides. His words are his words. Like it or not but it is undeniable. Trump condemned the violence in Charlottesville and specifically white nationalism, neo-nazi's, KKK and ALL of that. To say otherwise is simply untrue.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why "from all sides"?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I find the current political landscape so spun, distorted and sound massaged that it makes me nauseous - both sides are rhetoric machines using every possible opportunity to throw mud. Everyone has lost my trust.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe in her heart she is condemning the violence and looting but she wouldn't dare to speak up now.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not wrestling, nor am I claiming to be a fan or take sides. His words are his words. Like it or not but it is undeniable. Trump condemned the violence in Charlottesville and specifically white nationalism, neo-nazi's, KKK and ALL of that. To say otherwise is simply untrue.

So by your interpretation he was defending both sides of people - one side was apparently a group of people who want to retain a statue of Robert E. Lee. An icon of the Confederacy, a general who was traitor to the US, and supported slavery? Why are those “very fine” people?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results