shape
carat
color
clarity

VP pick named.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one here, including me, said otherwise. I just pointed out that Harris didn't say she was ever unilaterally coming for anyone's guns.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully point out what you said.

Except she didn't...some common sense regulation including the banning of assault weapons specifically isn't the same thing as dissolution of the Second Amendment.

Regulation is done by Congress, not the POTUS. Her willingness to do anything with regard to gun control by EO is against the Constitution and would be struck down by SCOTUS.

Your response was to @1ofakind's post where she speaks of constraint, not dissolution.

She's got a 'law and order' background to overcome with the current BLM mobs and sympathizers. At the same time she may have a rough time with the conservative dems (if there are any left) because of her threats to constrain the 2nd amendment by executive order. That won't pull in any moderate conservatives either.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS! Ty.

Homeland defense rifles? I am not unfamiliar with firearms or their use. I own several. I know how to use them. There is absolutely no reason for Americans to own or possess semiautomatic weaponry or their accoutrements. Ever.
There is a huge distinction between a 'hunting' long rifle or sidearm and an approximation weapon of war. I was taught this by my own family, full of veterans of various stripes who understand and actually defend The Constitution.
This election is really about white fragility and the fear that the minority will treat white men the way they've treated minorities. They fear the threat of mandated and sanctioned subservience, of their righteous comeuppance. Because they know they deserve it, you see. After all, it's what they would do. It's the perchance reflection of their own corruption that terrifies them. It doesn't matter if you wrap it in a flag with false patriotism/stolen valor or slather it in bible pages covered in the tear gas tainted blood of Jesus, as Trump says,"It is what it is.".
All those Dorian Grays are on the precipice of switching places with their paintings. It has never been about anything else.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry but I have to respectfully point out what you said.

Regulation is done by Congress, not the POTUS. Her willingness to do anything with regard to gun control by EO is against the Constitution and would be struck down by SCOTUS.

Your response was to @1ofakind's post where she speaks of constraint, not dissolution.

Thank you, and as you should. That is why we talk of these things.
I was actually responding to imperilment of 2A as a concept in this discussion. It was a generalized response. Talk of regulation, to me, doesn't equate to dissolution-or shouldn't- which I don't happen to agree with in any event.
I also don't sanction unilateral EO's. It's a bad way to Govern a Democratic Constitutional Republic.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, and as you should. That is why we talk of these things.
I was actually responding to imperilment of 2A as a concept in this discussion. It was a generalized response. Talk of regulation, to me, doesn't equate to dissolution-or shouldn't- which I don't happen to agree with in any event.
I also don't sanction unilateral EO's. It's a bad way to Govern a Democratic Constitutional Republic.

Thanks for clarifying your intention as it didn't read that way initially. IMO arguments in bad faith never get anywhere.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picking Harris doesn't help Biden's electoral vote counts. Ca. will remain as blue state no matter whom Biden pick as his running mate.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an aside my close girlfriend is friendly with Kamala Harris. They went to undergrad together and were sorority sisters. She’s thrilled with the nomination. I’m hopeful it’s a good choice despite some concerns. No candidate is perfect.

91383914-6924-46A4-8D0B-B1DD882AAB63.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PSer liberals don't sound very enthusiastic about Harris.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PSer liberals don't sound very enthusiastic about Harris.

I am happier than Donald Trump is about her. He doesn't know what to do with her. With her having been a prosecutor, he can't paint her as being against law and order. She has no skeletons in her closet. He has been reduced to calling her "mean". He sounds like an eight year old boy on the playground who doesn't like the new smart girl in class.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am happier than Donald Trump is about her. He doesn't know what to do with her. With her having been a prosecutor, he can't paint her as being against law and order. She has no skeletons in her closet. He has been reduced to calling her "mean". He sounds like an eight year old boy on the playground who doesn't like the new smart girl in class.

All he can do is act like the whiny man-baby that he is. His campaign sent out a fund-raising email calling her the meanest, most horrible, most disrespectful!! :lol: @DF you need to send Trump a big fat contribution to calm him down, he's scared!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

"Nasty" is a good one, lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Hope your right.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

Remember his “very fine people” comments about White Nationalists and neo-Nazis?

It's a great possibility that Trump is not wanting to press Ghislaine Maxwell's buttons because she has some very damning information on him.

One thing I love about Kamala is that she will be very effective at pressing Trump's buttons! Love when he gets triggered and makes a fool of himself on Twitter. :lol:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
nope she is left. *grin*
Sorry could not help it.

You are saying that she performed her duties as a prosecutor and didn't believe in law and order? Worked just for money? Having a good position, jailing blacks for non-violent offences just for money, for salary? Can't agree, sorry Karl.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will she condemn rioting and looting? I hope so.
That is Biden's problem ... If he does the radical Dems will be piss off and if he doesn't the moderate Dems will be piss off.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, Trump is such a nightmare. Every day I wake up and google his name first thing, hoping he's resigned.

He's clearly pushing 300 lbs and has a penchant for fast food. I don't think the golf is cutting it for exercise, so he should loose some weight or else the headline will be heart attack. Weight is also a risk factor for COVID-19.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are saying that she performed her duties as a prosecutor and didn't believe in law and order? Worked just for money? Having a good position, jailing blacks for non-violent offences just for money, for salary? Can't agree, sorry Karl.

lol its a joke
DF said AGBF was right and I said no she is left.
As in my freind AGBF Is political left not right.

Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Remember his “very fine people” comments about White Nationalists and neo-Nazis?

Granted, Trump is a terrible communicator and his style of speech is a challenge....but one needs only a bit of intelligence and comprehension skill to put his comments in proper context and understand what he was saying. In no way did he suggest that White Nationalists and neo-Nazi's are fine people.
In fact he said the opposite, several times.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
He is most certainly terrified. Therefore his manic behavior is ramping up daily.

Kamala absolutely has skeletons in her closet. She got her position in the early days of her career by way of her relationship with Willie Brown. He has spoken openly about it.

So if she says she believes the women that accused Biden of misconduct, how can she stand next to him and be his #2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results