shape
carat
color
clarity

VP pick named.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I know! This announcement made me so excited. The daughter of two immigrants. The first African American, Indian American, and woman future-VP!

I'm not sure why, but I felt very relieved at the pick. Maybe deep down I was afraid it might be Bass, lol.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure why, but I felt very relieved at the pick. Maybe deep down I was afraid it might be Bass, lol.

Yeah, I was relieved too. I see a lot of positive energy around Kamala. I liked Rice but didn't want to hear "Benghazi" on repeat from Trump.

And she's under 70!:D

That too! Some generational diversity. She's gonna walk all over Pence in the debates, he won't know what hit him :lol:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Sad, frustrated and feel like he just gave up the White House.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was relieved too. I see a lot of positive energy around Kamala. I liked Rice but didn't want to hear "Benghazi" on repeat from Trump.

That too! Some generational diversity. She's gonna walk all over Pence in the debates, he won't know what hit him :lol:

I wasn't worried about Benghazi. I mean could they have held any more hearings? :lol:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't worried about Benghazi. I mean could they have held any more hearings? :lol:

Lol, I mean I don't wanna be stuck on 2016 issues. I want to be moving forward!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, I mean I don't wanna be stuck on 2016 issues. I want to be moving forward!

Oh I know. I just think they already milked it for all it was worth.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping for Duckworth or Warren. I am not thrilled at his VP pick, but will still vote Biden to get Trump out of the White House.

Me too..... Harris will imperil our Second Amendment rights, as she already threatened when she was running for President. I wonder how many votes he'll lose because he picked her. And yet Biden/Harris are still the lesser evil. What a predicament. :oops2:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
A knowledgeable, competent, educated, articulate, powerful, take no bullsh*t, WOMAN! Harris is a strong choice, and will help Biden to set this country back on its feet after 4 years of outrageous incompetence/sabotage. I can't wait to vote for them!!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
She's got a 'law and order' background to overcome with the current BLM mobs and sympathizers. At the same time she may have a rough time with the conservative dems (if there are any left) because of her threats to constrain the 2nd amendment by executive order. That won't pull in any moderate conservatives either.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm pleased, she'll be great, wanted Warren but he has said on more than one occasion that Warren is needed in the senate. Vote BLUE!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Except she didn't...some common sense regulation including the banning of assault weapons specifically isn't the same thing as dissolution of the Second Amendment.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except she didn't...some common sense regulation including the banning of assault weapons specifically isn't the same thing as dissolution of the Second Amendment.

It's not her place to make EOs for gun control, it's Congress' job. It's not Trump's either. But Congress seems to love to cede it's duties to the Executive branch no matter who is in the OO.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

omfg I feel the same. If I had to hear one of those idiots scream about Benghazi I was going to lose it.

EDIT. I wanted Duckworth but am thrilled to have Harris on the ticket.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A ban on homeland defense rifles owned by the millions by millions of people is trampling all over their 2nd amendment rights.

In fact this election is again about a supreme court seat since Robert's turned commie another seat is needed to secure the constitution.
Since its highly likely that one or more will will be appointed in the next 4 years its a huge consideration.
Trump or decades with a leftest supreme court.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Biden and Harris both have long, good, proven track records. Unlike our current incompetent, sociopathic, fascist, lunatic president. If Trump "wins" again, our democracy is over.

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
A ban on homeland defense rifles owned by the millions by millions of people is trampling all over their 2nd amendment rights.

In fact this election is again about a supreme court seat since Robert's turned commie another seat is needed to secure the constitution.
Since its highly likely that one or more will will be appointed in the next 4 years its a huge consideration.
Trump or decades with a leftest supreme court.

Homeland defense rifles? I am not unfamiliar with firearms or their use. I own several. I know how to use them. There is absolutely no reason for Americans to own or possess semiautomatic weaponry or their accoutrements. Ever.
There is a huge distinction between a 'hunting' long rifle or sidearm and an approximation weapon of war. I was taught this by my own family, full of veterans of various stripes who understand and actually defend The Constitution.
This election is really about white fragility and the fear that the minority will treat white men the way they've treated minorities. They fear the threat of mandated and sanctioned subservience, of their righteous comeuppance. Because they know they deserve it, you see. After all, it's what they would do. It's the perchance reflection of their own corruption that terrifies them. It doesn't matter if you wrap it in a flag with false patriotism/stolen valor or slather it in bible pages covered in the tear gas tainted blood of Jesus, as Trump says,"It is what it is.".
All those Dorian Grays are on the precipice of switching places with their paintings. It has never been about anything else.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Homeland defense rifles? I am not unfamiliar with firearms or their use. I own several. I know how to use them. There is absolutely no reason for Americans to own or possess semiautomatic weaponry or their accoutrements. Ever.
There is a huge distinction between a 'hunting' long rifle or sidearm and an approximation weapon of war. I was taught this by my own family, full of veterans of various stripes who understand and actually defend The Constitution.
This election is really about white fragility and the fear that the minority will treat white men the way they've treated minorities. They fear the threat of mandated and sanctioned subservience, of their righteous comeuppance. Because they know they deserve it, you see. After all, it's what they would do. It's the perchance reflection of their own corruption that terrifies them. It doesn't matter if you wrap it in a flag with false patriotism/stolen valor or slather it in bible pages covered in the tear gas tainted blood of Jesus, as Trump says,"It is what it is.".
All those Dorian Grays are on the precipice of switching places with their paintings. It has never been about anything else.

The simple fact is that the POTUS doesn't get to unilaterally decide what weapons are allowed and which ones are not. No matter how much people would like that to happen.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

2nd has nothing what so ever to do with hunting and nothing to do with need.
It is a right and there is no need test to a right.

Homeland defense rifle is also known as the ar15.

That is one of the most sexist and racist things I have seen on PS.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We probably don't have to worry about her getting the Sarah Palin treatment in the media. In fact we'll probably read how terrible Palin was treated just to cover their own asses. But what they said lasts forever in the internet world.

Q

Queenie60

Yes, and once again - had I posted something similar "time out"

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The simple fact is that the POTUS doesn't get to unilaterally decide what weapons are allowed and which ones are not. No matter how much people would like that to happen.
No one here, including me, said otherwise. I just pointed out that Harris didn't say she was ever unilaterally coming for anyone's guns.

Yes, and once again - had I posted something similar "time out"

You don't have to agree. But one cannot deny the historical power structure this country is based upon. If it wasn't the way it was, we wouldn't be where we are.
I value your opinion, as I hope you do mine. I find many things you say/believe to be anathema, but I never deny you or chastise you for saying them. I simply counter. I would hope you would extend the same courtesy. After all, we are supposedly free to express our own opinions as Americans, are we not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results