carat
color
clarity

Vivid blue round diamond

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ADN|1460688102|4019515 said:
... I've lost track of how many times someone has told me "I'm looking for a diamond for an engagement ring...either a 1ct F/G SI round or a 1ct Argyle Pink?"... :D

Aren't those about the same price? :confused:

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
kenny|1460689116|4019521 said:
... I've lost track of how many times someone has told me "I'm looking for a diamond for an engagement ring...either a 1ct F/G SI round or a 1ct Argyle Pink?"... :D

Aren't those about the same price? :confused:

:lol: not so much :lol: - - but 25yrs ago when there wasn't any demand there were dealers that literally couldn't give pinks away...how times have changed... ;-)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockdiamond|1460672425|4019408 said:
+1 Bryan- it's very well advised to consult a qualified local appraiser to assist you in this.
Given that there's possibly less than 100 Vivid blue diamonds over a carat in the world, I don't know that cut quality is going to be a prime concern.
Likely there's nowhere near 100 that exist.
Currently there's four listed on the wholesale database, only one of which is over a carat.
It would be kind of funny if someone was presented with a legit Fancy Vivid Blue, and asked- can we get one with a 58 instead of a 60% table?

My advice is to be very careful reallyanewbie- good luck!!

Kinda funny!?...I'd pay big bikkies just to be in the room to see the dealers face!... :lol:
But you'd be surprised what people ask for (actually...you probably wouldn't ;-) ) - I've lost track of how many times someone has told me "I'm looking for a diamond for an engagement ring...either a 1ct F/G SI round or a 1ct Argyle Pink?"... :D
'

What, me??? :naughty:

Do you get folks who have done just enough research to ask for an S11?

Of course I don't blame the consumer- there's so much information out there nowadays it really take a lot of time and effort to sort through.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Rockdiamond said:
Rockdiamond|1460672425|4019408 said:
+1 Bryan- it's very well advised to consult a qualified local appraiser to assist you in this.
Given that there's possibly less than 100 Vivid blue diamonds over a carat in the world, I don't know that cut quality is going to be a prime concern.
Likely there's nowhere near 100 that exist.
Currently there's four listed on the wholesale database, only one of which is over a carat.
It would be kind of funny if someone was presented with a legit Fancy Vivid Blue, and asked- can we get one with a 58 instead of a 60% table?

My advice is to be very careful reallyanewbie- good luck!!

Kinda funny!?...I'd pay big bikkies just to be in the room to see the dealers face!...[emoji38]But you'd be surprised what people ask for (actually...you probably wouldn't ;-) ) - I've lost track of how many times someone has told me "I'm looking for a diamond for an engagement ring...either a 1ct F/G SI round or a 1ct Argyle Pink?"... :D
'

What, me??? :naughty:

Do you get folks who have done just enough research to ask for an S11?

Of course I don't blame the consumer- there's so much information out there nowadays it really take a lot of time and effort to sort through.
Not sure about research but I did get a call from a customer who wanted to sell a ring with twelve (12) and thirteen (13) clarity diamonds. I felt sorry for him when he told me what he had actually paid for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results