carat
color
clarity

Visiting Tel Aviv

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!

I'm a US citizen going to Tel Aviv on business near the end of June. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go to the diamond exchange in Ramat Gan. I'm not sure that the pricing would be better than in the US or if the exchange rate has a significant impact on the net price in USD. I'm looking for an OEC about 2.5 to 3.5 carats. Can anyone give me advice about purchasing diamonds in Israel or recommend any dealers there? Am I better off using a US vendor?

Mikla

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be doubtful that that would be a good place to look for OECs, however, that is just a guess.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The biggest and most competitive diamond marketplace in the world, by a goodly margin, is the US Internet. There's something to be said for buying from a dealer who is close to home, so if you're planning on living in Israel or Belgium or even the Caribbean, I might consider shopping there, but don't expect a financial savings from it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting post Neil- I agree that the internet has taken over diamond sales in general- but apparently retail ( brick and Mortar) selling is somehow alive and kicking- look at all those folks headed to Las Vegas this week.....

As to Mikla's q: Last time I was there was 2008- the "retail" portion of the Bourse ( diamond trading center) was nothing impressive at all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds are FREE here in the U.S... :lol:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the responses! Sounds like I'm better off in the US. Maybe I should rebook for Las Vegas? :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla|1464744793|4038749 said:
Thanks for the responses! Sounds like I'm better off in the US. Maybe I should rebook for Las Vegas? :lol:

He was referring to jewelers going there, I think! Customers can't get into the shows, unfortunately! We just go eat, drink, visit with PS friends, and visit high end jewelry stores to window shop! That's fun, too, but not where we buy diamonds usually!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results