shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Marquise reset by DK

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Thud..... Even more stunning in person!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond Loves gold !

Seriously delighted to see !

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was in the middle of napping when the ring arrived and now I can’t sleep lol

E24EBEAF-BD02-4828-9BCC-9072477055B9.jpeg 13946E57-C32E-4E82-9520-4C61457AC6FD.jpeg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here .-) (00:18 GMT+1)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still want more photos!

Let me ask you a question though now that it’s all said and done. Did you like this stone when you first got it?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bloody hell!! This is simply stunning!!!!!!!!!

I am SO ring envious right now! You lucky little pup!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tried the new set with my thin wedding band...I think it works :whistle:

8E947E59-FE3B-4C28-8003-9C91DDCB6702.jpeg

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
DEAD.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
damn girl. That is amazing

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Let me ask you a question though now that it’s all said and done. Did you like this stone when you first got it?

So my husband was actually going to propose with this ring and he made he mistake of showing me a photo that did nothing for the ring, I told him that I was happy to wear his mother’s ring but it was not really what I had hoped for. So he bought a Diamond Nexus oval solitaire, I cried so I guess you can say I was pretty thrilled with being engaged to him.

Here is what he showed me...less than thrilling and it had not been cleaned in god knows when
F979C60A-AB6C-4CE3-8CE0-03F8243D05AF.jpeg

Well then we got married and about a year later we had to pick up all of my husbands inheritance that his brother and wife were holding for him. That is when I saw the ring in person and I did love the stone. I almost immediately started to wear it, my husband actually dislikes it because it was so gaudy and he thought it was overly flashy. Which he was right it was and it didn’t get the best comments from people because of the setting.

He is not home yet so he hasn’t seen the ring yet but I think he is going to love the new setting (it is still flashy but in an understated way)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It’s also funny because him and his family thought the stone wasn’t worth much and that it was subpar but when I saw it I told DH that he was way off base about the diamond...then we got it appraised and his jaw hit the floor. I was smug when I gleefully said “I told you so!”

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever sent the stone in for grading at GIA? It looks way over O-P!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you ever sent the stone in for grading at GIA? It looks way over O-P!

Yes, it was sent to GIA when it was getting set. So it is officially an O/P color :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know your husband has seen the pics and vids but I’ll be interested to see what he thinks in real life. :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know your husband has seen the pics and vids but I’ll be interested to see what he thinks in real life. :)

DH asked me to put together a before and after photo, I feel that it just isn’t a fair fight

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaas try and replicate the old photos with the new ring. :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! It's absolutely breathtakingly perfect! I'm gobsmacked!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No filter used, I do have the new iPhone do the camera is way better now which makes a slight difference but this is a great before and after

319DE096-298F-4293-841B-B7881460EA43.jpeg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just can't get over the transformation! You got yourself one amazing ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is stunning. It is an amazing transformation! Congratulations, and I am so happy it makes your heart sing. The little pave in the gallery is a wonderful touch, and I love the eternity band with it. It is just perfect! Did I miss it, did you say what the carat weight is? Such a ginormous stone, and such a beauty!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jaw literally hit the floor :-o the ring transformation is beyond amazing, the band is also stunning! Ahh.. such a dreamy and drop dead gorgeous set! :love: It is also so special that this is a ring that belonged to your husband’s late mother. It is such a special way for you both to keep her close.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I see you did post the size. My eyes must have glazed over looking at all of it's gorgeousness...

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is stunning. It is an amazing transformation! Congratulations, and I am so happy it makes your heart sing. The little pave in the gallery is a wonderful touch, and I love the eternity band with it. It is just perfect! Did I miss it, did you say what the carat weight is? Such a ginormous stone, and such a beauty!

It is 4.67cts...16.24x10.16x4.45mm so it is pretty chunky

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab.

U.

LOUS:love::love::love:

Love the pave gallery, the traps, the gold cup. Great U-prong eternity!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what did he say??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No filter used, I do have the new iPhone do the camera is way better now which makes a slight difference but this is a great before and after

319DE096-298F-4293-841B-B7881460EA43.jpeg

God Almighty... I have no words for this transformation!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stop looking at your pics and drooling!!!! :love::love::love: The transformation is incredible!! I think the colorless traps were the perfect choice....they REALLY make the color of the center POP!!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So what did he say??
He liked the light up ring box they came in more than the rings...or at least that is how he made it seem lol

He said it looks really good and was happy that I was happy when them. I did just find out this morning from his Aunt that the marquise use to be bigger but that his mother had chipped one of the ends and had it recut, she said it reached from knuckle to knuckle on her sister who had longer fingers than I do...I can’t believe this is a recut lol

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't stop looking at your pics and drooling!!!! :love::love::love: The transformation is incredible!! I think the colorless traps were the perfect choice....they REALLY make the color of the center POP!!!

Agreed! I am glad that @Niel suggested to just try it and see how it looks lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results