shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Marquise reset by DK

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The recut story fits the current L/W ... I'd wish they made interesting shapes like this off the bat, of course [ @Rhino ]

The astonishing new colour of your stone cartainly makes me want to go for a similar one for a YG 'gypsy' setting, where diamond cut & metal colour could play this beautiful game I see in your ring !

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy freaking camoly! This is a stunning ring and a crazy awesome transformation. :eek2::kiss2: I don't think I'd ever be able to take these off.

I love its size and color and the new setting really brings it to life. I think it's crazy that an entire eternity band was able to be made with the side stones.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this going to be your new engagement ring? I love it with your new eternity and your old skinny one

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is this going to be your new engagement ring? I love it with your new eternity and your old skinny one

Oh yeah, it’s definitely going to be upgraded ering that I wear. The round already went back in the safe lol

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is an amazing update! She really is a modern classy lady now. With no disrespect to her glorious past. :appl::appl::appl:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Insanely gorgeous - hard to believe it's the same stone. And you got an eternity band out of the reset, too?!? Total win - for you, and for that gorgeous stone that just needed to find the right way to be shown off.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures bring her to life.

Gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous. You truly couldn’t have given this stone a more perfect home :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So have you worn her out in the world yet? Anyone notice or comment?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is perfection!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So have you worn her out in the world yet? Anyone notice or comment?

We went to a Christmas party at one of our neighbors house in Friday night and I had one lady come up and gushabout the ring then she called over three other women. I got slightly uncomfortable about it but I was happy to show them. Then I had a friend on FB ask why it was so yellow and if it was a sapphire, I don’t really like his wife so I’m not sure if he was being condescending or not. Hard to judge on that one.

Today I will be wearing it to work and I know a few ladies are excited to see how it turned out

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a Christmas party at one of our neighbors house in Friday night and I had one lady come up and gushabout the ring then she called over three other women. I got slightly uncomfortable about it but I was happy to show them. Then I had a friend on FB ask why it was so yellow and if it was a sapphire, I don’t really like his wife so I’m not sure if he was being condescending or not. Hard to judge on that one.

Today I will be wearing it to work and I know a few ladies are excited to see how it turned out

Lol well I would have said “ it does have the that sunshine color of a nice sapphire, doesn’t it. Thanks for noticing. “

Sounds like he’s just jealous. I’m sure you’ll get some of that. Nice to hear people are excited to see it, anybody who’s not a dick would be happy to see you loving a family heirloom.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course he was being a jerk. It's a huge honking gorgeous ring, and his wife is most DEFINITELY jealous. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love this ring. :love:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

God, people can be so rude.. please don’t pay attention to people who are jealous. “None if you business why it is so “yellow”.. google canary diamonds and have fun.. goodbye”
Enjoy your gorgeous ring. I come here every day to look at your beautiful ring :D

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One way to refuse a gift ...

I keep comming back to the thread & pictures too often myself !

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
God, people can be so rude.. please don’t pay attention to people who are jealous. “None if you business why it is so “yellow”.. google canary diamonds and have fun.. goodbye”
Enjoy your gorgeous ring. I come here every day to look at your beautiful ring :D

Yeah...there is alot of backstory with the guy, we use to be really really good friends and he wanted to date me but I did not feel the same about him, then we lost touch for a few years. He reached out to me and then found out I got married; after which he made some snarky comments about my husband being overweight. That was not received well by me in any way. He was upset because he thought I wouldn't date him because of his weight when that was not the reason (he had a girlfriend when we first met and then he was trying to date me, not into cheaters. Plus I had become friends with all his gfs after that). Now he and I are both married and have different political views (which I got into it with his wife over, she is a HUGE TRUMP supporter and her family are immigrants so I just don't understand that) so there is some tension between our families which isn't too big of a deal since we NEVER hang out.

I was pretty peeved about his questioning over the color...he was like its yellow, why is it yellow? it is a yellow sapphire? Then when I said no, its a diamond, he then repeated the question about it being yellow.

I am sure there is some jealousy an spitefulness coming from him due to our past but I had hoped he had gotten over it, possibly not.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...there is alot of backstory with the guy, we use to be really really good friends and he wanted to date me but I did not feel the same about him, then we lost touch for a few years. He reached out to me and then found out I got married; after which he made some snarky comments about my husband being overweight. That was not received well by me in any way. He was upset because he thought I wouldn't date him because of his weight when that was not the reason (he had a girlfriend when we first met and then he was trying to date me, not into cheaters. Plus I had become friends with all his gfs after that). Now he and I are both married and have different political views (which I got into it with his wife over, she is a HUGE TRUMP supporter and her family are immigrants so I just don't understand that) so there is some tension between our families which isn't too big of a deal since we NEVER hang out.

I was pretty peeved about his questioning over the color...he was like its yellow, why is it yellow? it is a yellow sapphire? Then when I said no, its a diamond, he then repeated the question about it being yellow.

I am sure there is some jealousy an spitefulness coming from him due to our past but I had hoped he had gotten over it, possibly not.

I would defriend this guy so quick, he wouldn’t even know it lol
My best advise would be to simply ignore him. To me, it is super inappropriate to ask any e-ring related questions on FB. The proper thing to do is say “congrats” and that’s it, or not say anything at all.
People are entitled to their own political and lifestyle views, but making snarky comments on FB or other social platform is just childish. Your ring is gorgeous and you have so many more exciting things to look forward to. Ignore the haters.;)2

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dang! And I thought I had a spectacular family heirloom transformation! You've got me beat by a mile! This is absolutely stunning! I covet your chunky marquise so much! And to get a full eternity out of the sidestones?! Amazing! The stone in my avatar is 3.96ct that was similarly trapped in a 1970s monstrosity. My family also figured it wasn't worth much because the old setting made it look dull and drab; they were equally surprised with the appraisal! Like yours, the old setting was so unflattering, you couldn't even tell the diamond was yellow!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang! And I thought I had a spectacular family heirloom transformation! You've got me beat by a mile! This is absolutely stunning! I covet your chunky marquise so much! And to get a full eternity out of the sidestones?! Amazing! The stone in my avatar is 3.96ct that was similarly trapped in a 1970s monstrosity. My family also figured it wasn't worth much because the old setting made it look dull and drab; they were equally surprised with the appraisal! Like yours, the old setting was so unflattering, you couldn't even tell the diamond was yellow!

Thank you so much! I remember reading about your reset, you have such a lovely stone and to find out that it was a fancy had to be really exciting! I think your reset is so lovely and compliments your stone so well, it reminds me a daisy in the new setting :kiss2:. It really is crazy to think that people don't document what they have and never know the worth of family jewels.

We still have small melee diamonds left from the original setting (there were 26 total and we used 21-22 for the band), I am thinking of doing a diamonds by the yard bracelet later on down the road even though they are smaller than what is in the band.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I remember reading about your reset, you have such a lovely stone and to find out that it was a fancy had to be really exciting! I think your reset is so lovely and compliments your stone so well, it reminds me a daisy in the new setting :kiss2:. It really is crazy to think that people don't document what they have and never know the worth of family jewels.

We still have small melee diamonds left from the original setting (there were 26 total and we used 21-22 for the band), I am thinking of doing a diamonds by the yard bracelet later on down the road even though they are smaller than what is in the band.

Thx, KKJohnson! Yah, my grandma had an appraisal from the 1990s that referred to mine as an appx. 3.5ct round diamond worth $9k. LOL! No mention of it being an antique or OEC, color, clarity, etc. My family thought I was crazy to take it to get it reappraised by a reputable antique jeweler! They also couldn't fathom that I would "just send it off" to get it graded at GIA and reset by a stranger on the other side of the country (CvB)! Haha! Of course, now that they've seen the appraisal and final result, they've changed their tune! I can't wait to see what come up with for those other stones! I have 8 small diamonds lying around from various old settings that I need to come up with a fun plan for...!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love::love: I am in love!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just received a new micro lens for my phone...so of course it is picture time...this was with a 15x and I really like it, going to see if I can get a 10x with this manufacturer

Stone looks a little peachy here

F3C05788-9077-4CCF-99A1-B094E8CF75CC.jpeg A87DACEE-3835-4F6E-BECB-FDD42189F2E3.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mooore!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color is amazing, I can’t believe it’s so rich and it’s an O/P. It really looks like it is FLY in many photos. The yellow gold cup really does a great job!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is soooo Ahhhmazing!! What a beautiful transformation. Who knew that gorgeous diamond was hidden in such a dated setting? Obviously you did and it is a good thing you saved it from a lonely life inside a jewelry box! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot get over this amazing transformation!!! :love: It looks like a different diamond and the elegant and sleek setting makes all the difference in the world. It’s an absolutely gorgeous ring and I am so happy it turned out so beautifully!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see the traps (OK, one of them) up close too ,-)

Perhaps in this low light, the body colour of the stone takes over more ? All versions - very beautiful ! [if you might remember: I was the idiot who kept saying - nevermind backing ...]

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who was it that didn’t like the contrast idea when you were originally doing the cads? Your sister or was it your sister in law? What do they think now??:whistle::lol-2:

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely stunning ring. Enjoy it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to your threads!!! Your ring is amazing. I like!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results