shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victorian stick pin conversion

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me for the cross post - I posted this to the Antique Jewelry section, but realized that it doesn't get very much traffic at all!
I wanted to share a recent purchase:

It was represented as a Victorian stick pin conversion dating to the late 1800s with an Old Mine Cut diamond set in the head. I don't know how accurate this is, and would love to hear any thoughts on this. To me, the details on the snake head and the way the diamond is set do look consistent with an antique piece. Victorian or not, I can see that this is going to be one of my favorite pieces. The snake has sleek eyes and a cute little mouth, and he looks great as a pointer finger ring!

_35298.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
That is one cool ring! I love antique jewelry so much, and that piece is so unique! Please post more pics!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very cool ring! :appl:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, picante27 and Rockinruby! I tried to take a couple of hand shots. Geez, it's really time to start using lotion again.

snakehand.jpg

snakenuit.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just my style! How wonderful for you!

cheers--Sharon

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! I absolutely love it! I have been looking for the perfect snake ring for the last year, maybe I need to start looking for stick pins since yours turned out so well. Congratulations on the beautiful piece!!!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Canuk-Gal: Thank you! Please do share if you have similar pieces. I'd love to see them!

armywife13: Thanks! It was fun hunting for this one. Keep in mind that you can often find deals on stickpins and then pay to have it converted. Then you can get exactly the design you want! I considered this route because it was taking me ages to find a ring that fit.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this! Looks perfect on you. I've been seeing these snake rings lately and I am digging them!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Ssssspectacular! Seriously, it looks like a gem fit for the most stylish sorceress, adore it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! So glad that you were able to revive such a cool looking piece!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! What a cool ring.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring project, it came out fantastic! Snake rings/bracelets are popular and I've seen them all over the place, from 1st Dibs to Lang and now on Gem Gossip and I like yours the best of the ones I've seen. Congrats on an amazing ring and I'm so glad you posted it here, I loved seeing it! :love: :appl: :love:

More pics, if you get a chance!!!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I really love yours!!! Looks beautiful on you and congrats on making jewel of the week!!!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
ihy138, Vampira, tyty333, DiaDiva, mr148th - thanks all!

azstonie - Thank you! I looked at so many rings and bracelets and finally took a chance on this one. I will update with more pics when I get a chance. Thanks for asking!

lovesvintage - Thanks - I was flabbergasted to see my little piece pop up on the sidebar! I showed the JOTW post to my husband and it was cute to see how excited he got.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie - This was ages ago, but I know I promised to post more pics before I got swamped by the holidays. Better late than never? :bigsmile: I'm wearing the ring on my left hand for picture purposes only. And the pink is a reflection of my phone case, but I actually love how diamonds look with brightly reflected colors, especially pink and orange!

_35988.jpg

vs3.jpg

vs4.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
A couple more. I love the grumpy little face on the snake.

vs5.jpg

vs6.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results