shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Set Complete - Jocelyn and Band

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, this will be a long post for a thread on a band…

When I first received my Jocelyn, I knew I wanted something from Victor to wear with my new e-ring. I was sure initially that I wanted an eternity band with single cut melee to exactly match the shank on the e-ring. Then, as I wore the e-ring by itself more, I discovered that I loved the shank and the single cut melee so much. I did not want to have anything next to it that would obscure my view of the shank. I then considered an engraved platinum band. When I tried one on IRL, from a distance, the engraved band just looked like a band with unsparkly, dingy diamonds next to my gorgeous e-ring. Thus I nixed that idea. I felt attracted to a shiny, squared off band, and I tried it on. Surprise. It looked fabulous with the Jocelyn.

So these were my requirements and why I went with Victor to create this ring.
1. Band height and width must exactly match the e-ring shank height and width. This symmetry just looks most pleasing to my eyes. When I looked at stacked rings, they always looked best when the size of all the rings is the same. Thus I wanted Victor to make it to ensure this would happen.
2. I wanted the shape of the band to be squared off, just like how the Jocelyn looks. The top of the shank is flat with right angles around. With no engraving, the surface would be really shiny and bright. The only issue is that I might need to get this polished every several years since platinum will show the wear. Victor made this exactly as I asked.
3. I wanted a notch in the band so there would be no rubbing on the prongs where they protruded where they extended from the shank. Victor made this notch exactly wide and rounded enough to prevent rubbing.
In the process of resetting my e-ring and creating a new band, I discovered how truly anal and matchy-matchy I am. I didn’t want the stress of a difference between the height and width differences between the band and the shank of the e-ring, which would undoubtedly occur if I had a separate vendor who did not have the e-ring create a matching band for me.
I sent my e-ring off on a Wednesday. He received it on Thursday. He emailed me on Monday to inform me that he had finished and asked me where he should deliver the ring. I received my rings on Tuesday. 7 day turn around. He originally told me it would take him 10 days. I received emails from both Victor and Paige on Tuesday to ask if I received the delivery.

I love this look, and everything feels very complete to me. The whole set feels very modern and clean, but still so gorgeous. I am really happy that I went with this very plain band. No regrets at all. It feels very me.

I want to add a comment regarding his style of communication, just based on my observations. When I received my band, I sent him an email with 8 sentences thanking him and sharing my thoughts. He responded with two short sentences. (Generally speaking, my sentences and words that I write compared to Victor’s responses are 8 or 10 to 1.) Did I take any offense or consider it lack of interest on his part? No. He’s not a gusher. But that doesn’t change his strong sense of personal integrity and pride in his work, and of course not the quality of it. I would encourage that anyone who is considering working with him not to be overly sensitive or read too much into the brevity of his responses (if they are brief). To me, he is an honest and hard-working man who whose primary concern is that his clients are completely happy and satisfied with the pieces that he produces.

dsc_265.jpg

dsc_266.jpg

dsc_0412.jpg

dsc_0416.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ
Congrats!, That is a beautiful ring!... :love: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to share a little story about my resetting process with my Jocelyn that shows Victor’s honesty, integrity and the responsibility he takes for his work. When I received my ring, I could not find the GIA inscription. I kinda freaked out a little. I took it to my local jeweler and he could not find it either. So we assumed that it was hidden under a prong. I emailed Victor and he immediately responded. He suggested I could send it back and he could rotate the stone for me, or pay for an appraiser to match the stone to the plot map on the GIA report. I did ask him if there was any way that my stone could have inadvertently gotten switched during the setting process, but he assured me that could not have happened. And I believed him. Having met him, I had a chance to get to know and observe him a little bit. I felt I could completely trust him, which allowed me to have him do my reset in the first place. Thus with this question about my not being able to see the inscription, I knew in my heart that this was my stone.

I received my ring on December 13-14, and this question about my stone had been going on for a couple of weeks thereafter. Victor had followed up a couple of times, asking me if an appraiser had found the inscription and what I was planning to do. He seemed more worried about it than me.

On the day Victor received my e-ring to make the matching band, the first thing he did was rotate the stone. He immediately found the inscription and emailed me to confirm. He was very relieved, which I thought was very indicative of his pride and integrity in his work. It did make me feel really good to know that he was as, if not more, concerned as me.

When I got it back, TA-DA!! The inscription was right there. My take away is that this could have been a very stressful situation, but Victor’s personal concern and his taking responsibility for what happened to my stone and ring and comforted me immensely. I would never hesitate to work with Victor.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1421869927|3820003 said:
LLJ
Congrats!, That is a beautiful ring!... :love: :appl:

Thanks DF. Sorry I'm so long-winded...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have moved quick with the band LLJsmom!!! I was hoping you would go with a plain band. It looks great and sophisticated together. It does not compete with your beautiful Jocelyn ring but complements it really well and creates a 'new classic' look: classic with a modern twist, timeless and very very elegant.

I am so glad that you had a good 2nd experience working with Victor. He is such an amiable and professional guy. And his work is top notch.

Congrats with your new set :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1421871246|3820010 said:
You have moved quick with the band LLJsmom!!! I was hoping you would go with a plain band. It looks great and sophisticated together. It does not compete with your beautiful Jocelyn ring but complements it really well and creates a 'new classic' look: classic with a modern twist, timeless and very very elegant.

I am so glad that you had a good 2nd experience working with Victor. He is such an amiable and professional guy. And his work is top notch.

Thanks Acinom! Talking about bands with you made me think of Victor doing it.

I can see why you want to get many pieces by Victor. Everything is done so beautifully, from the most ornate setting to the simplest band. I just wish I had more stones... ;-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks AMAZING, and you got a really cool arrow shot in that first batch too!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! Looks amazing on you. I love your style!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1421872520|3820027 said:
Acinom|1421871246|3820010 said:

Thanks Acinom! Talking about bands with you made me think of Victor doing it.

I can see why you want to get many pieces by Victor. Everything is done so beautifully, from the most ornate setting to the simplest band. I just wish I had more stones... ;-)

It was a great decision to go to Victor as other options could have felt like a temporary option. Your set looks so complete now. Victor's work is worth it to the last single penny. Ah, if only our wallets were bigger LLZjsmom 8-)
We need more pics by the way! Enjoy wearing your very stylish set.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is just COOL. The striking contrast totally rocks! I wouldn't have expected a flat plain band to be such a good match, but it really is!! In an elegantly non-matchy way, which is the best way, in my personal opinion. :bigsmile: The whole effect is so distinctive. I love it. :love: More pics! More pics!!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
It is stunning, such a classy look!! Love.

If you don't mind me asking...I believe I remember reading you were torn on the Emilya or solitaire with pave...how does the cost compare between the two? I had my solitaire re-set into Emilya in 2013 (after my solitaire head broke off) and unfortunately my ER and WB went missing late last year. I absolutely loved the Emilya and what it did for my 1.5 MRB. I never imagined upgrading my diamond but now that I have to replace it I'm considering upgrading to 1.7-1.9 ct and I'm torn on whether I should go back to solitaire (with some pave) or Emilya/halo again. Then I also go back and forth on pave shank or plain shank..I do love that "crisp" look of the plain against the diamond. So many decisions and I may be one of the most indecisive persons :|

I thought the solitaire with pave (similar to yours) may be less costly then the Emilya but now I'm thinking maybe not so!
Once I get more answers on replacement options with the insurance company I'll reach out to Victor. But figured I would ask in the meantime:)

Thanks!

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
Beautiful, they work so well together, almost inseparable.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mns12|1421878304|3820090 said:

If you don't mind me asking...I believe I remember reading you were torn on the Emilya or solitaire with pave...how does the cost compare between the two? I had my solitaire re-set into Emilya in 2013 (after my solitaire head broke off) and unfortunately my ER and WB went missing late last year. I absolutely loved the Emilya and what it did for my 1.5 MRB. I never imagined upgrading my diamond but now that I have to replace it I'm considering upgrading to 1.7-1.9 ct and I'm torn on whether I should go back to solitaire (with some pave) or Emilya/halo again. Then I also go back and forth on pave shank or plain shank..I do love that "crisp" look of the plain against the diamond. So many decisions and I may be one of the most indecisive persons :|

I thought the solitaire with pave (similar to yours) may be less costly then the Emilya but now I'm thinking maybe not so!
Once I get more answers on replacement options with the insurance company I'll reach out to Victor. But figured I would ask in the meantime:)

Thanks!

Hi mns12, the first thing that I had to figure out what was most important to me. I found out that I loved seeing the round outline of my stone the most, so I decided against the halo. Most importantly, I wanted to see the stone POP. What is most important to you? If you loved the halo, maybe you will want to stick with the halo.

I went with the pave shank because I needed to see bling on the side view because I see the side so much more than the top down view. I do NOT want to see metal. However, just wearing the plain, shiny band, I can see how much even MORE the center would POP if there were no diamonds on the shank.

I almost went with NO diamonds on the shank, and only on the basket and prongs. I'm glad I went with the diamonds on the shank b/c Victor's single cut melee are just SO beautiful. I can see why he insists on using higher color melee. They sparkle so much, and are so bright.

As for pricing, I think the price of my Jocelyn and the Emilya were comparable, difference being less than $500. However, of course, if I went with a plain shank, the price was lower. I will say that when I actually saw the various rings in person, I could commit to spending a bit more than I had planned because I could see what really stirred my heart. If it is within your budget, get what your heart WANTs, when you figure out what that is.

Let us know when you decide! Excited for you!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new VC set! I like the look of the spacer, especially since I use my spacer as a wedding band, too!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that setting...beautiful ring...lucky you!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set congratulations.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking about M2B and the fact that she also had a plain band made! The great thing is that they can be used as a w-band or as a spacer if you decide to add a diamond band beneath it!

I think Victor is wonderful. I wish I had the extra money to have him make me lots of things!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!!! I like that the plain band lets the ering stand out more. I think the problem with perfectly matching bands is that it all sort of melts together to look like one indistinguishable ring.

Congrats!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON!!! I love it! And I'm a little jealous! :mrgreen: a band by Victor is on my very short bucket list!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1421880753|3820107 said:
mns12|1421878304|3820090 said:

Thanks!

Hi mns12, the first thing that I had to figure out what was most important to me. I found out that I loved seeing the round outline of my stone the most, so I decided against the halo. Most importantly, I wanted to see the stone POP. What is most important to you? If you loved the halo, maybe you will want to stick with the halo.

I went with the pave shank because I needed to see bling on the side view because I see the side so much more than the top down view. I do NOT want to see metal. However, just wearing the plain, shiny band, I can see how much even MORE the center would POP if there were no diamonds on the shank.

I almost went with NO diamonds on the shank, and only on the basket and prongs. I'm glad I went with the diamonds on the shank b/c Victor's single cut melee are just SO beautiful. I can see why he insists on using higher color melee. They sparkle so much, and are so bright.

As for pricing, I think the price of my Jocelyn and the Emilya were comparable, difference being less than $500. However, of course, if I went with a plain shank, the price was lower. I will say that when I actually saw the various rings in person, I could commit to spending a bit more than I had planned because I could see what really stirred my heart. If it is within your budget, get what your heart WANTs, when you figure out what that is.

Let us know when you decide! Excited for you!!

Thanks for the info/advice!! I think now that I had the Emilya it would be hard to go back to a 1.5 ct solitaire from a finger coverage perspective! Just all depends on what my insurance allows me to do. I do know I think I am on set on replacing my original full eternity band with the Whiteflash Annette (U-prong) 15 pointers. I have also been looking at the diamonds on the WF site as as they seem to have the biggest selection currently in the 1.5-1.9 ct range. Topic(s) from me to come asking for the wonderful experts here to help me along in this process:)

Congrats again on a beautiful set!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful with your ering! So glad that you are happy. I know this was a long, well thought out process to reset your ring and make this band and I am absolutely delighted for you! Nothing better than loving what you have!

Your words about Victor are warm and heartfelt as well. So nice to hear these good words about him - particularly because you've had the pleasure of meeting him in person. That makes the best kind of recommendation - he does sound like a true craftsman and judging from his work I'd say that he is!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! These are not my rings...but I love them! I hope you do too!

cheers--Sharon

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! Your engagement ring is AMAZING and the band complements it perfectly :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, you know I think your set is perfection to infinity. GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:

Victor is a true genius and artist and I am so pleased you are thrilled with your rings. They are just beautiful in every way and yes perfect. Enjoy them in health and happiness always. :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful diamond and perfect setting for it...
Thank you for the eye candy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results