carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Full Eternity Bright Cut and Millgrain bands

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess where these bands came from...

I can't tell you how much I love the full eternity. Victor is such a saint for being willing convert my Jocelyn setting to this lovely. Single cut melee, bright cut setting, size 4.5. It is just perfect. The single cuts are so bright, but not big enough to take away from my ering. I am amazed at the workmanship. I love how tightly the stones are set. If there are any prongs anywhere, I can't see them. The sides and metal are perfectly smooth and glides on my finger like a glove. And remember, this was originally the Jocelyn where the prongs protruded directly from the side walls. He was an angel to fit this project into the Christmas rush. I would have been thrilled to receive this any time in 2016. But he was able to get it done in time for me to wrap it back up ;( and put it under the tree.

The other is a matching plain band with millgrain at the edges. So smooth and fine. They are just perfect, and the height and width match perfectly as well. Completely satisfies my OCD-ness. I have to say Bright Ice's new antique emerald with the bands inspired me to go with the plain band with the millgrain edges. I loved how her two worked together. I am amazed at how pleasing to the eye this set is. I even love it with my ering. LOVE. Makes me have to rethink my whole resetting ideas all over again...

Working with Victor was the easiest, most simple thing, and as always, so professional and courteous. When I looked at Bright Ice's plain band I couldn't really make out the side engraving, or what it was. I just liked it. I showed Victor the picture. He got the idea and told me what he thought would look good. Well, if Victor thinks it looks good, it's good enough for me. I'm so excited because now I have the option of either or both. I'm honestly loving both right now. We'll see in a week, when I actually have it on my hand. ;-)

So here go the pics. You all know I go crazy with them because I want to see it from all angles. Do you mind letting me know what you like best, with both, or with just the eternity, or just the millgrain band?

img_14061.jpg

img_14062.jpg

img_14063.jpg

img_14064.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Victor Canera Full Eternity Bright Cut and Millgrain ban

more... (sorry all in bathroom lighting)

img_14065.jpg

img_14066.jpg

img_14068.jpg

img_14067.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

and some more with just the plain band...

img_14069.jpg

img_14070.jpg

img_14071.jpg

img_14072.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just the eternity.

img_14076.jpg

img_14077.jpg

img_14078.jpg

bands_only.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, LLJ! :cheeky: I happen to like all 3 together (imagine that!) for you! :appl: Looks like a complete set to me! :love:

So are you still thinking about a reset for your OEC now? And what happened to the rest of your Jocelyn setting--could it still be salvaged w/ a plain shank?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1482016491|4108029 said:
Gorgeous, LLJ! :cheeky: I happen to like all 3 together (imagine that!) for you! :appl: Looks like a complete set to me! :love:

So are you still thinking about a reset for your OEC now? And what happened to the rest of your Jocelyn setting--could it still be salvaged w/ a plain shank?

m-2-b, are you sitting down? Here it is. Good-bye sweet Jocelyn... It was great while it lasted. :razz:

It's interesting that the ering and the two bands do work together although not a perfect match. Similar in width and height, though not exact. I am fighting the OCD in me. I almost feel like I need a shank that matches the plain band, with millgrain only at the edges, but I'm honestly not sure. I think I will just wear the set for now, and see how I feel. Btw, I don't think my design will work with these two bands. I don't know how to make a basket like that work. I feel like I need to go simple on the basket. Back to the Trueste? The squared of shanks of both these bands makes me feel I should stick with that in my e-ring too.

I am open to all suggestions and ideas at this point.

fullsizerender__21_.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1482017073|4108031 said:

m-2-b, are you sitting down? Here it is. Good-bye sweet Jocelyn... It was great while it lasted. :razz:

It's interesting that the ering and the two bands do work together although not a perfect match. Similar in width and height, though not exact. I am fighting the OCD in me. I almost feel like I need a shank that matches the plain band, with millgrain only at the edges, but I'm honestly not sure. I think I will just wear the set for now, and see how I feel. Btw, I don't think my design will work with these two bands. I don't know how to make a basket like that work. I feel like I need to go simple on the basket. Back to the Trueste? The squared of shanks of both these bands makes me feel I should stick with that in my e-ring too.

Oh what a shame on what's left of your Jocelyn! :o

You should ask Victor what he thinks if you are looking for an exact match to these bands. I do think simpler will work better with them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1482017504|4108039 said:
LLJsmom|1482017073|4108031 said:

Oh what a shame on what's left of your Jocelyn! :o

You should ask Victor what he thinks if you are looking for an exact match to these bands. I do think simpler will work better with them.

Why didn't I think of that? Duh. That is a GREAT idea. I think I might just do that. :D He made the rings. Who else could advise me better?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1482018662|4108043 said:
m-2-b|1482018330|4108042 said:
Just throwing this out there since I just LOVE VC halos--how about this one with smaller melee customized to your OEC: :naughty:

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/old-european-cut-diamond-in-bezel-halo

I have looked at this a lot of times too. :D It would protect the stone. And I do love the bezel. I don't know.... :doh: :lol: And the finger coverage. :shock:

I can imagine your beautiful, large OEC in a delicate bright cut pave cathedral halo--that would be the end of DSS for you, lol! :bigsmile:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

I adore this! I love all three together, looks elegant, and complete!! Wahoo!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually like all three of them together too! They just work together and I'm not always a huge fan of stacking.

As for an ering reset, I do agree with m2b that a shank with the same shape would definitely work best. To halo or not? That has to be personal preference I think but either would be beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think at last you have the most perfect, blanaced set. I know it's been a long journey for you, but honestly, the whole look now is stunning :love:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with the other ladies - all three together looks just beautiful - absolutely perfect!! :love: love, love, love your set :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I love your set! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom, it is perfection. I love both bands with your OEC ER and Victor did a terrific (as usual) job. Really amazing and so happy he made it so easy for you. And well you know I am a huge fan of your solitaire OEC but I also know whatever you decide (halo or not) to do with your ER reset will be beautiful. Your OEC cannot look anything but beautiful no matter the home.

LOVE LOVE LOVE all 3 together. :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aaaah, so it was your set on Victor's FB. I love it :appl: What a great idea to reuse the stones from your Jocelyn like this.
And I love the look of the two bands with your e-ring as well as the two bands tofether and the eternity with your e-ring. I think it's a great idea to ask Victor for ideas for your possible reset. Enjoy wearing your rings :wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm all for recycling/repurposing jewery :appl: That was brilliant and Victor did an amazing job if course! I'm partial to the eternity with your e-ring, but they all look beautiful together, enjoy!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How did I miss this?! I love all three together and each one is beautiful. They look so good on your beautiful hand. Merry Early Christmas! :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The three rings look really good together!! Fantastic on its own, but really makes your OEC pop when together :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I hyperventilated a little when I saw the cut off bits, beautiful stunning bands, Victor is truly a master, on the flip side of that it's such a shame you couldn't have set a coloured stone or something else in the original ring, because I loved it as well.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love those bands and I would do exactly the same thing other than I'd have him engrave my plain band. That's been on my wishlist forever, except for the fact that I kept thinking I needed to decide on the e-ring reset first (which may or may not ever happen!).

I love the style of the ring that your diamond is set in now! I'd just have Victor make that to match the height of your bands and also make any tweaks the ring needs. I love the Trueste, too. While I love halos on OECs, I think it would be a little too much for me, personally. But you can't go wrong with any choice!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your new bands LLJsmom!!! :love: Victor did such a beautiful job! :appl: I honestly love all the different combinations, but I think I'm a bit partial to the diamond band alone, I guess I just like that look! But all the combinations look great, and it's fun to mix and match for different looks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you know the width of the plain band? I need a thin band so I can wear other bands with it, but they have to be thin because my fingers are shorter below the knuckle, unfortunately!

P

PierreBear

Beautiful! I had to go back to your older threads to take a closer look at the Jocelyn. Though it was a beautiful setting, the change you made was so well done and as you said, ensures that the focus is on your beautiful stone. All the variations are of the wedding set are all so fun. I don't think I can pick a favorite!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock

All 3 together! They look fantastic. And I usually prefer just a single band. I know you are set on wanting a reset, but those three look like they were made for each other :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new bands are beautiful and it's awesome that Victor was able to repurpose your old ring! I'm with others, I like all 3 rings together but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the combinations! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your bands are beautiful. They look fabulous with your gorgeous diamond ring. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your bands are beautiful. They look fabulous with your gorgeous diamond ring. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results