shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera Champagne Engagement Ring!

waity-katie

Rough_Rock
I finally get to show off my engagement ring! My boyfriend proposed over the weekend in Geneva (...underground at CERN for all the nerds out there...), and so now it's time to share the goods with Pricescope as well! It's a 5.05 carat VVS2 W-X color. We had Victor Canera do the setting, his Emilya in rose gold.

img_5763.jpg

img_5764.jpg

img_5765.jpg

img_5766.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuuuunnnniiing. I mean the size? Shut up. But the color combination is so beautiful, its somehow "normal" yet "unique" at the same time. Congrats on the engagement and the show stopping diamond ring!

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your rings is absolutely divine. What a showstopper! Where did you find the diamond?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG :love: I read and scrolled and let out an audible "oooooooooohhhhhh"!!!!!

I do not normally like a big RB but this, wow!

ETA: is it a W-X on the yellow scale or W-X brown??? It looks like brown and this just proves how delicious light browns are!!! Are there any modifying colors? I want all the details!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a beautiful ring!!! The warmth of the diamond in combination with the rose gold is stunning :love:
A true classic. The Emilya is very very pretty in rose gold.

Congrats with your engagement. I wish you a great life together :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions of the design are perfect and I love all colors coming from your ER! :love: I hope it was well worth the wait! :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot stop staring at that stone!! The colors are mesmerizing!!! Gorgeous!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And, my best friend from HS and I want to know whether you and/or your FI went to Stuy, because proposing at a particle accelerator is certainly something we would do.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is the one he had on the front page of his website! So lovely! Congratulations!!

waity-katie

Rough_Rock
lioness|1413134302|3766110 said:
I cannot stop staring at that stone!! The colors are mesmerizing!!! Gorgeous!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And, my best friend from HS and I want to know whether you and/or your FI went to Stuy, because proposing at a particle accelerator is certainly something we would do.

We're both Chemical Engineers so CERN has been on the bucket list for awhile. It's currently down for maintenance which means you can tour underground and actually see the open detectors. It was pretty amazing. Plus I got a ring... :love:

img_5786.jpg

waity-katie

Rough_Rock
Tourmaline|1413134676|3766112 said:
This is the one he had on the front page of his website! So lovely! Congratulations!!

Thanks for pointing that out... I totally didn't even realize until just now!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.... The ring, the accelerator - they both take my breath away....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is stunning. I love your champagne diamond. :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You picked all the right color combinations to really show off that stone!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring & beautiful hands too! Congrats!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes. That is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

waity-katie

Rough_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1413131658|3766099 said:

ETA: is it a W-X on the yellow scale or W-X brown??? It looks like brown and this just proves how delicious light browns are!!! Are there any modifying colors? I want all the details!

It's a W-X on the brown scale with no modifying colors. I didn't want a yellow stone or one that was too dark brown. I think some really beautiful diamonds are overlooked in this color range and it certainly makes a fantastic engagement ring. I love the soft, warm colors of the brown and rose gold together. :D The diamond is from Leibish & Co. I'm sure a lot of folks on here are aware, but they specialize in fancy colored diamonds.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!! Congrats on such a beautiful one of a kind ring!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Well. That's certainly fabulous!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally worth waiting for! Congrats!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
waity-katie|1413135757|3766114 said:
Tourmaline|1413134676|3766112 said:

Thanks for pointing that out... I totally didn't even realize until just now!

I just looked and it's still there. It's the sixth image on the scrolling bar on the main page.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
waity-katie|1413136595|3766122 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1413131658|3766099 said:

It's a W-X on the brown scale with no modifying colors. I didn't want a yellow stone or one that was too dark brown. I think some really beautiful diamonds are overlooked in this color range and it certainly makes a fantastic engagement ring. I love the soft, warm colors of the brown and rose gold together. :D The diamond is from Leibish & Co. I'm sure a lot of folks on here are aware, but they specialize in fancy colored diamonds.

Thank you for sharing! I love seeing a pure light brown, I've seen quite a few from visiting DBL in person and they make the most spectacular pieces, especially in rose gold. Your ring is such a unique treasure :appl:

DC519

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness!! What a wild proposal, I LOVE IT!
And the ring! WOW!

Oh I just love this so much! More photos! A video even! (Did VC make a video?) I am so curious to see the sparkle of a brown diamond in rose gold! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
WOW, what a stunning ring! One of the most beautiful diamonds I've ever seen was a light brown at the smithsonian. I adore this color. Congratulations!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I now remember that it was also posted on Victor's FB. I am so glad you posted the handshots here on PS. It's stunning :love:

_23172.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: Love the light brown with rose gold!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Wow that ring is completely stunning!!! Looks huge and so perfect on you...enjoy this beauty. :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats what a beautiful ring!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waity-katie|1413135441|3766113 said:
lioness|1413134302|3766110 said:

We're both Chemical Engineers so CERN has been on the bucket list for awhile. It's currently down for maintenance which means you can tour underground and actually see the open detectors. It was pretty amazing. Plus I got a ring... :love:

That is a drop dead gorgeous ring, not to mention an awesome pic of the particle accelerator, and I love love love your handle name. LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results