shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting thread

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is something we wonder too. All told, it is a year or so worth of salary that would come in over the next 5 or so years. The possibility that the timing was intentional so they could avoid paying is definitely something I question.

:angryfire:
The wan*ers !

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm tired and bored. It's been almost a year of strict isolation and quarantine. I miss my parents, I haven't seen them in over a year. I'm worried with the new COVID variants that they are more contagious, vaccines may be less effective, and people are getting pre-caution fatigue. I know I have a lot to be grateful for though. At what point (if any) would I say enough is enough and take chances (while still observing all pre-cautions) to see family and friends. I've essentially had no in-person human contact since March 2020.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning our son’s first grade teacher announced they will be doing a research project on an animal. Some of these kids don’t know their letter sounds, can’t even count to 50 and yet they expect a research project from six year olds.

Absolutely ridiculous IMO. These kids need to learn the basics, do they know days of the week? Months of the year? Their address and phone number? The state of public education is appalling.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning our son’s first grade teacher announced they will be doing a research project on an animal. Some of these kids don’t know their letter sounds, can’t even count to 50 and yet they expect a research project from six year olds.

Absolutely ridiculous IMO. These kids need to learn the basics, do they know days of the week? Months of the year? Their address and phone number? The state of public education is appalling.

Just throwing this out there (I'm a teacher), some kids WON'T learn the "basics" for awhile, they may not be developmentally ready. To hold back on content knowledge in the meantime is not appropriate. Kids are curious, they want to KNOW. My son is 5, he is just starting to care about reading and decoding. What he can do is discuss how city systems work (how we generate electricity, get it to our homes, why recycling is important, composting, etc.) He can follow IKEA instructions and build basic structures with adult tools, he can build lego projects for 7+ on his own, there are so many things he can do. If I only focused on reading and decoding he would hate me and school. As is it I can get him to engage in those activities for maybe 10-15 minutes before he needs a break. Your son might learn a lot from his research project!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing this out there (I'm a teacher), some kids WON'T learn the "basics" for awhile, they may not be developmentally ready. To hold back on content knowledge in the meantime is not appropriate. Kids are curious, they want to KNOW. My son is 5, he is just starting to care about reading and decoding. What he can do is discuss how city systems work (how we generate electricity, get it to our homes, why recycling is important, composting, etc.) He can follow IKEA instructions and build basic structures with adult tools, he can build lego projects for 7+ on his own, there are so many things he can do. If I only focused on reading and decoding he would hate me and school. As is it I can get him to engage in those activities for maybe 10-15 minutes before he needs a break. Your son might learn a lot from his research project!

Maybe you are right but I still feel that they are putting way too much pressure on kids at too young of an age. I am not a teacher of course but as a parent I feel they throw too much at the kids and move too quickly from subject to subject. We are lucky in that our son catches on fairly quickly but some kids don’t and it does them a disservice.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you are right but I still feel that they are putting way too much pressure on kids at too young of an age. I am not a teacher of course but as a parent I feel they throw too much at the kids and move too quickly from subject to subject. We are lucky in that our son catches on fairly quickly but some kids don’t and it does them a disservice.

Fair enough, the project and the expectations on what it will entail should be age appropriate, that I agree with. "Research Project" to an adult should not be the same thing to a small child. Have they given the details of the assignment yet? That will really tell if it's fair or not.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair enough, the project and the expectations on what it will entail should be age appropriate, that I agree with. "Research Project" to an adult should not be the same thing to a small child. Have they given the details of the assignment yet? That will really tell if it's fair or not.

No, that’s all they’ve said so far. It actually only came up because she asked me to pickup writing paper this afternoon since our son is fully remote. I’m thinking this may be a project for over the upcoming February break.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
We def have RATS and mice. Oh my nerves! We have been sealing all openings (found some way in underneath the cupboard, holes open to the great outdoors!) Rat ran from under the fridge this morning leading to much shrieking from moi...I have declared war. They have got to go! It is either me or them....I am barricading maself in the bedroom til further notice!! I want to pound on something..HARD!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the longer they aren't back in class the worse it'll get.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the longer they aren't back in class the worse it'll get.

For some that’s true. Both our sons are fully remote, I’ve been teaching our youngest some of those things daily on top of his normal schoolwork. Our oldest is doing really well probably because he isn’t getting bullied on a daily basis.

Older son will be in person for the start of high school in the fall and our younger guy will probably be too.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
We had an ice storm so ORKIN didn't get to our place....if I make it through this with my nerves intact, I may buy a piece of jewelry to celebrate!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was actually called Simply White. It doesn’t have any undertones that I could see. One white I tried out looked like it had a lavender tint when it dried!

Most of my house is painted in Simply White. It has the slightest yellow undertone. You can’t see that in my house because the light gives a cool cast.

I love this color because it’s rich without being creamy.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I really need to vent. I am in so much pain today I want to just stay in bed. Add to that I have vertigo and an upset stomach. I
have these issues all the time, am taking meds and have seen doctors, etc. Each issue by its' self would be manageable, but so many all at once is the pits!
Thank the lord for this forum...I come here and the sparklies make me feel better!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really need to vent. I am in so much pain today I want to just stay in bed. Add to that I have vertigo and an upset stomach. I
have these issues all the time, am taking meds and have seen doctors, etc. Each issue by its' self would be manageable, but so many all at once is the pits!
Thank the lord for this forum...I come here and the sparklies make me feel better!

I’m so sorry. Sending you bucketloads of healing vibes. And gentle hugs.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
:wall::wall::wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why ask for lab work results if you aren't going to look at them and 9 months later ask me if I did the requested tests? Which I did and sent to the doctor as he requested. Yet here we are nine months later and he asks if I did them. And only after I emailed him asking him if we could move things up a bit. Sigh and Grrrr.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Ooof I'm trying not to judge. My niece doesn't have a steady job, lives with my mom and decides to go to Mexico for her birthday instead of paying her share of the rent. Her brother pays for her cell phone. Now the cousins are pooling money to buy her a designer purse. None of them have steady jobs, one just had a baby. I just don't get it. I'm the party pooper and won't contribute. I'll help my mom pay for the mortgage instead. I just don't understand. Can't even blame the pandemic because this is how they have always behaved.:???::confused2::roll2:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@missy wow. Any reason you're still with this doctor?? Sometimes it feels like my doctors want to run tests to bill my insurance. I went for a physical and got appointments for the cardiologist, dermatologist, gastro doc, ear nose and throat doc, the gyno, the blood doctor and a few others. I came home, got overwhelmed and cancelled everything.

@MjK1 I'm sorry, I hope you're feeling better:(2

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I get overwhelmed with appointments also...I have to schedule several and due to covid don't want to.
Nah, not feeling better, back is still messed up and will be for the foreseeable future. Have vertigo and rotator cuff problems. Massive foot issues. My body is just all messed up...

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
This house is like a sieve! We have been plugging holes for over a year, some tiny, some huge, and all located where you can't see them without contorting yourself to see into cabinets, closets, behind the washer etc. I just washed and dried what looks to me like a small snake. How it got into the washer is any ones guess....poor thing! :cry::cry:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Back hurts, tmj is kicking up, not sleeping well and my house and car are messy. No covid in our house tho so that's the thing to focus on, if I could focus on little sleep.

Where am I?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Why ask for lab work results if you aren't going to look at them and 9 months later ask me if I did the requested tests? Which I did and sent to the doctor as he requested. Yet here we are nine months later and he asks if I did them. And only after I emailed him asking him if we could move things up a bit. Sigh and Grrrr.

rediculous! :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy wow. Any reason you're still with this doctor?? Sometimes it feels like my doctors want to run tests to bill my insurance. I went for a physical and got appointments for the cardiologist, dermatologist, gastro doc, ear nose and throat doc, the gyno, the blood doctor and a few others. I came home, got overwhelmed and cancelled everything.

@MjK1 I'm sorry, I hope you're feeling better:(2

rediculous! :x2

Thanks for the empathy girls. It’s exhausting. The problem is these are the best I’ve been able to find. Top of their fields and well regarded. It’s challenging finding excellent physicians who will actually put their attention to you as a whole individual and figure it out. Goodness knows I am trying to figure it out myself but with my brain fog it’s not easy. I’m not giving up but I am hoping my doctors will come through. Albeit dealing with these issues for years now to date. :/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom got a stage 4 bed sore in a really nice, expensive rehab center recommended by the hospital. I’m trying to find skilled nursing for her near me because she will be discharged on the 22nd. I’m so stressed out. Please send dust for a happy ending to the nursing facility I’m trying to get her in to. Trouble is they have a hundred forms and documents that I need to fill out and supply. I don’t know that I can get it done in time..and have them accept her. They wouldn’t say whether they have a bed until I fill everything out. Prayers are also greatly appreciated....Thank you ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom got a stage 4 bed sore in a really nice, expensive rehab center recommended by the hospital. I’m trying to find skilled nursing for her near me because she will be discharged on the 22nd. I’m so stressed out. Please send dust for a happy ending to the nursing facility I’m trying to get her in to. Trouble is they have a hundred forms and documents that I need to fill out and supply. I don’t know that I can get it done in time..and have them accept her. They wouldn’t say whether they have a bed until I fill everything out. Prayers are also greatly appreciated....Thank you ❤️

Continuing bucketloads of healing dust to your mom. Hugs to you. ❤️

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Hot water heater is packing it in....:mad:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending dust @MamaBee ! So difficult trying to do the right thing for our parents. Hoping you can get her into the "good"
facility!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so my day was horrible yesterday. Got woken up by bad news from my kid's school , two youngest kids are sick (no covid but contagious), ran around trying to get doctor's appointments for them (harder than ever due to covid) and got soaking wet a few times by unexpected heavy rain showers.

One of those times it started raining abruptly and very heavily during lunchtime pickup.

I was parked right in front and got back into my car, offering shelter to my friend who was parked far away.
We're masked outside, always as is the law here. But the masks were wet from the rain.
Her DH has already had Covid.

Guess where this is going?

Right.

Today poor her informs me that her DH has tested positive AGAIN this morning. He's military and gets tested every week.
She's a contact case and has to isolate for 2 weeks.

I'm under no obligation to do anything at all the moment, but will, of course continue to not see anyone , mask & distance if I have to pick up the kids. They still have to go to school, though (no doubt about that, asked the school).

Gahhhhhhh I've been so careful. We did wear surgical masks, but they were wet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results