shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent: Am I Crazy or Is Whiteflash Pulling One Over?

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg

This is the bangle we purchased from Whiteflash. It is supposed to be 2.5 inches wide on the inside. We confirmed this before and after the purchase. It's about 2.25. When my husband contacted them, they were very rude and wouldn't believe him. It was a shock to him, because he'd dealt with that customer service rep before and had a great experience. So he sent a picture and they are STILL gaslighting us and telling us it's 2.5 inches. It got into my head enough that I pulled it out of it's packaging and measured it with a see through ruler. I am terrified I won't get the refund because I don't trust them. At all. If they can blatantly lie about the size of an item when we've provided pictorial evidence, they are not above anything, imo. I included as second picture with a yellow dot next to where 2.5" is on the ruler, just to make it more clear. I'm going to send this pictures to Whiteflash but I have little hope to receive more then the last response, which was that we measured wrong. I'm walking away from this experience feeling like a liar with a fat wrist.

I'm almost scared to post about this, but I want confirmation that I'm not crazy and this bracelet is NOT 2.5" wide. I also suspect other people who have had a bad experience with a "preferred vendor" are afraid to speak out because posters will side with the vendor.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't really offer any advice as I've never purchased from WF, but I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. Sounds very aggravating and I can totally understand why you would be upset. The ruler clearly shows that the bracelet is NOT 2.5", not even on the outside. I sure hope they resolve this for you quickly. GL

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm... yes, that's not the size you requested.

I hope that they will do a refund for you. Can they size the bangle or would it have to be remade? I know you can do some sizing on bangles at times.

I'm sorry for the headache.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, nope, definitely not 2.5". Are they trying to say it's "close enough" or something? So sorry.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not crazy. It's too small. I hope they rectify the situation quickly. I'd love to see the top of the bangle!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yeah thats smaller! i would definitely push them on this and send that picture too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call in and speak to Vera.

You aren’t a liar and you don’t have a fat wrist, and this will not turn into one of those threads that you are concerned about.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For reference - @diamondseeker2006 posted this photo (of a WF shared prong bangle) two years ago. It looks larger, but still slightly under the 2.5” you want.

F0A2CF92-6085-4753-A253-030CC30A9227.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely not 2.5”, and I’m sorry to hear that you’re being treated poorly over their mistake. I hope this is resolved soon.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@vintageloves ,
I am really sorry for your concerns and your inconvenience, and for the very non-brilliant experience you are having with our company. That is unacceptable.
I will look into all aspects of the situation as you have laid out. I can assure you that we will do everything in our power to make this right for you, or to promptly refund your money if that is what you decide.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, @Texas Leaguer is on the case! :mrgreen: I anticipate a happy resolution.

Just to add, tho, speaking as someone with a large wrist, 1/4 inch in diameter makes quite a big difference and represents much more than a 1/4" in circumference. It's the difference between it fitting...and not fitting.

But in the meantime - top views, @vintageloves?

:wavey:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
It's good to know I'm not crazy!

It does fit but it's tight. My experience with bangles is usually they are too big, so we did contact them before purchase and we're told it would be 2x2.5. I have bangles that size, so I was cool with it. It's also a little awkward to wear because if you notice the diamonds are not centered on the top of the bangle. They go more to the clasp and less to the hinge. An oval bangle sits where it sits, you know? You can't really rotate it.

The top is beautiful. I went with the 2ct which is the perfect size. Unfortunately I don't have pictures because I'm packing it for its return.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, how strange, the positioning of the diamonds is different from the one posted by DS, almost as if a bit of metal has been missed out.

Hope you get this sorted out!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED how important it is to double, triple check inside diameter of bracelets!

Also, not for nothing, but 2.5 diameter is not asking for the moon. 2.5 inches is standard MEDIUM.
I know Tiffany, at least, has it right. If you want to check out their calibrations, go to the sizing chart they have for their bracelets.
You, my dear, are completely in the right.

Also, why is it so wonky?? the bracelet curves very badly.
And yes, people side with the vendors. Y'all need to stop worshiping these jewelers.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gads. dude. I just spent all week going through this with Cartier over one of their bracelets...it was marked 17 but measured 15cm. We measured and remeasured my wrist, tried on several different sizes.
YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED how important it is to double, triple check inside diameter of bracelets, ANY bracelets.
I finally had to send detailed photos to the store manager, and send a polite note with my return.

Also, not for nothing, but 2.5 diameter is not asking for the moon. 2.5 inches is standard MEDIUM.
I know Tiffany, at least, has it right. If you want to check out their calibrations, go to the sizing chart they have for their bracelets.
You, my dear, are completely in the right.

Also, why is it so wonky?? the bracelet curves very badly.
And yes, people side with the vendors. Y'all need to stop worshiping these jewelers.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say we "worship" the jewelers. There's a lot of collective experiences on these boards, and the trusted vendors are trusted for a reason. Does that mean they never screw up? No! of course not. Sometimes we might feel like the expectations or communication of the buyer wasn't ideal, or that they weren't being realistic with demands. But this isn't the case with @vintageloves . This is just an example of someone at WF messing up, and being rude. And that's why @Texas Leaguer is awesome for checking into everything.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had had this experience with a sales person, my next call would have been to Bryan because I know he’d straighten it out if the item was not to the specs ordered. The supplier of the bracelet likely is the one who sent the wrong size, and the sales person just probably has never run across that problem before. However, they certainly needed to be kind and give the customer the benefit of the doubt and have it sent back to examine when the picture clearly shows it is not 2.5 inches. The one I had definitely was exactly 2.5 inches.

I am a fan of WF because they have excellent diamonds and jewelry, and they make things right on the rare occasion they make a mistake, such as this.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@vintageloves ,
You are right - the interior dimension is not 2.5 inches. We have measured all of the variations of this bangle that we have in stock and they are all 2.5 inches on the outside. The interior space, which is all that matters when determining fit, is 2.25 inches.
Below are images of one of the items we have in stock with inside and outside dimensions visible.
8052-300_2.25-inches.jpg 8052-150_2.5-inches.jpg

We also found out through looking into your situation that the dimensions were not listed on our website on the detail page of this bangle. We have updated the description with the inside dimension so that other customers might be spared this problem. The new description now reads:
“These bangles measure approximately 2.5 inches at the widest point of the outer diameter, and approximately 2.25 inches at the widest point of the inner diameter.”

I am still exploring the communications you had with various members of our team to understand the source of the misinformation so that it can be corrected.

Unfortunately this bangle is only made in one size so exchanging it for a larger one is not an option. However, we can modify the bracelet to make it bigger. It takes approximately 4 hours of shop time to accomplish this. Under the circumstances, since you had specific reason to believe you were purchasing a 2.5 inch interior bracelet, we will do the modifications at no extra cost to you.

I am truly sorry that your experience has not been a positive one.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The new description now reads:“These bangles measure approximately 2.5 inches at the widest point of the outer diameter, and approximately 2.25 inches at the widest point of the inner diameter.”

I consider both this and a refund to be a good enough outcome for me! Thank you!

And I'm absolutely NOT trying to get anyone in trouble. I'm sure there was some miscommunication in there going between me, my husband, and then the rep.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I consider both this and a refund to be a good enough outcome for me! Thank you!

And I'm absolutely NOT trying to get anyone in trouble. I'm sure there was some miscommunication in there going between me, my husband, and then the rep.
I did confirm that our sales reps were under the impression the inside dimension was 2.5 inches, so we were in fact giving customers misinformation on a key dimension. The miscommunication was on our end, not you or your husband!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say thank you to @Texas Leaguer for being professional but also sharing the outcome. It's nice to know as a potential customer what the resolution was besides someone coming back and saying "they solved it to my satisfaction."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:think: Humm...About 8 yrs ago I bought a bangle from WF and 2 from BGD, but never did measure its diameter. Maybe it was 2.5" back then?

Bangle.png

sep004

Rough_Rock
Agree that it's not 2.5". LOVE that they are offering either a remake or a refund.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad this is being rectified for the OP but knowing the stellar service that WF provides I had no doubt it would be. If I had a problem at a retail store and the clerk could not help me, I too would ask to speak to a manager. It does no good to panic or jump to conclusions if all avenues haven't first been exhausted. I understand being afraid that there might not be a good outcome but chances of that are really slim to none with most of these vendors. They take great pride in their products and their customer service.

As another poster chided for 'worshipping these jewelers', I can assure you this is not blind worship but rather is born of good customer experiences with certain vendors. If they did not time and time again go the extra mile for customer satisfaction, their praises would most certainly not be sung.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad this is being rectified for the OP but knowing the stellar service that WF provides I had no doubt it would be. If I had a problem at a retail store and the clerk could not help me, I too would ask to speak to a manager. It does no good to panic or jump to conclusions if all avenues haven't first been exhausted. I understand being afraid that there might not be a good outcome but chances of that are really slim to none with most of these vendors. They take great pride in their products and their customer service.

As another poster chided for 'worshipping these jewelers', I can assure you this is not blind worship but rather is born of good customer experiences with certain vendors. If they did not time and time again go the extra mile for customer satisfaction, their praises would most certainly not be sung.

This.

WF has been my go-to vendor and my tip-of-the-tongue referral for a full decade.
I suppose one might consider that "worship".

There's a reason for that, though - and it's not that they always get it right.
It's that they usually get it right, and when they don't, they always go the extra mile to make it right.

This thread is case in point.
Proud to be a WF Worshipper :cool2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never measured mine either.

Took it out for curiosity's sake.

57mm or approx 2.25 inches

20190515_105104.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results