shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors who have larger diamond inventories?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Folks, please stop name calling. That’s unnecessary. Discussions of factual situations are allowed, we will remove posts if we feel like what is being said is not truthful. Keep it to facts not name calling.

Hi Ella, is that in response to “troll”? I wasn’t aware that was considered a name call. Sorry, thank you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, perfect PS question. Would you make white sidestones or match the QR sidestones? I’m kinda on the fence. I would love a contrast but it would also look like warm butter if it all matches too...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ella, is that in response to “troll”? I wasn’t aware that was considered a name call. Sorry, thank you.
I think she means both "troll" and "homo/islama phobe". As far as I understand, we can say things like "when *person* said XXXX, I was offended because I think the statement is homophobic" , but can't say "*person* is a homophobe". Because the first example is factual (what someone said) and you saying your feelings about it, whereas the 2nd one is considered name calling.

But back to that stone. It's AMAZING! and I think white side stones would really make the warmth pop.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she means both "troll" and "homo/islama phobe". As far as I understand, we can say things like "when *person* said XXXX, I was offended because I think the statement is homophobic" , but can't say "*person* is a homophobe". Because the first example is factual (what someone said) and you saying your feelings about it, whereas the 2nd one is considered name calling.

But back to that stone. It's AMAZING! and I think white side stones would really make the warmth pop.

Um, as someone who loves and have loved Muslims in my family for a long time, I can see Islamaphobia and identify and be hurt by it fine.

Someone who perpetuates Islamaphobic content and hate is an Islamaphobe.

Why do I need to defend why I am offended?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what. I think this is probably why I left the boards. It’s not okay to ask me why I won’t use someone, then get mad at my response. Putting the burden for proof on the offended/victims is not okay.

I’ll take my posts about my diamonds elsewhere.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, as someone who loves and have loved Muslims in my family for a long time, I can see Islamaphobia and identify and be hurt by it fine.

Someone who perpetuates Islamaphobic content and hate is an Islamaphobe.

Why do I need to defend why I am offended?
You don't have to defend it, and I certainly am not defending it. I'm just trying to explain what I think are the rules of the forum in terms of name calling.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what. I think this is probably why I left the boards. It’s not okay to ask me why I won’t use someone, then get mad at my response. Putting the burden for proof on the offended/victims is not okay.

I’ll take my posts about my diamonds elsewhere.
I really only saw 1 person being mad and asking for proof. I think most of us accept what you said and understand. I've never seen those posts but I totally get why they would offend you.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@madelise the stone is amazing! :love: Your MIL is one lucky, lucky lady! Hope you share the completed ring here.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Madelise. please tale a step back. Yes, people don't always react the way we want, but Lovedogs helps a lot of people and is a good soul. Personally, I am happy you brought it up, as it was a most peculiar incident. It was mind boggling that a businessman would post such things on his personal facebook page. But, people are warned now-a-days that employers are looking at our facebook pages, and our employment may rest on what we post. Our business, in this case, may also rest upon it.

I wish to add that my memory has been jogged and I am quite sure a discussion of the content about the posts you mention are contained in the same thread with the abortion discussion. I remember the gist of my comments as they were factually true and as such have not changed.

I grew up in Brooklyn in the greater New York area. Its a very liberal area. However some friends that I knew when I was younger moved out to the Huntington LI area which is where Jons store is located. These friends became some of the most conservative and bigoted people you could know. I have gotten e-mails from them touting their very conservative beliefs which I immediately delete. So, I know my comment in that thread included something like the phrase, "there is an small enclave in that area that is very conservative", and "so much for growing up with diversity. Those comments do not refer to abortion. They refer to the issue of diversity. Islamophobia.

Another poster, I think Mary Poppins, followed my comments with her own, which the gist was also about diversity, and that she was going to use this situation as a case study for her law students. And that she too, would not be buying from Rhino again.

Jon(Rhino), did come on PS to tell us that his sister and family members were all partners together and to consider that in withdrawing business from GOG.

AS you can tell I have basically no sympathy for Jon and I don't mind resurrecting that thread. Anyone < beside a religious order, who uses his business to promote his personal views is abhorrent to me. I don't excuse him.

I can't find the thread, and am computer illiterate. I am sure if you find the thread you will see that what has been said, is the truth. This is a true example of what no business should do. Very bad judgement.

Annette

PS I have no problem with Karl or Love Affair diamonds who do post about their views They don't use their business to do it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@smitcompton I have purchased from Erica of Love Affair diamonds before and I follow her business on Instagram. She actually does post political things on her Instagram account for the business.

My personal preference is that I really don't want to get into politics with people when I'm having a business transaction. I would actually prefer that the politics stay out of the whole thing altogether, when I'm trying to buy a piece of jewelry or when I am even buying groceries. I understand that some folks may want to know, but for me, I would prefer to make it about the purchase. Now, if something was said to me or sent to me that I found personally offensive from a vendor, I would simply opt to not consider the purchase further and wouldn't buy again in the future. I think that is everyone's choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results