shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor pictures and owner pictures of PS stones

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Green tourmaline, 1.6ct. from djraregems.com Vendor picture top right.

Loose Gem Home Pictures 8-1.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Aquamarine, 2.27ct, faint blue. finewatergems.com Vendor picture on the left

Loose%20Gem%20Home%20Pictures11.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Spessartite garnet from eBay seller biggiantgems Two vendor pictures on the right. My pictures were taken after recut by Richard Homer. (size went from 7+ct to 5.7ct without changes in table size)

Loose Gem Home Pictures.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Red spinel from eBay seller settgold. Vendor piture bottom right.

Loose%20Gem%20Seller%20Pictures.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Pink spinel from eBay settgold, 1.54ct, top right corner is the vendor picture.

Loose%20Gem%20Seller%20Pictures1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
****Thankyou LS for the pointers! Oohhh..you guys are in picture trouble now when I get a new pretty, lol!!****
9.gif

Next up is a lil tacker,
Purple spinel, 0.35 cts, from John at Gemrite.

I know, its mini! But it was my very first CS purchase, and I think it's great!
I would say the vendor pic is very accurate here, which seems to be the case with John's photos in general - and btw, the cutting is awesome even on such a small gem !
5.gif

ahem..pls excuse the hair on the gem in....all the pics
emembarrassed.gif

purple spinel collage.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea - here is my comparison (I hope it works!) Amethyst pair from Barry B., his photo is in the upper lefthand corner. He mentioned in his description that they flashed red and blue, so I included those photos of mine too - for me, both his photos and his descriptions are super accurate.

mmbbamy.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my red zircon from Jeff White - sorry his photo is so tiny but didn''t want it to get grainy.

jwredzirc.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, my blue-green tourmaline from Barry Bridgestock - his photo/description of the color was perfect, I would not hesitate to buy any stones from him, between his photos and any addl info. he is happy to email, there are no surprises.
1.gif

bbbgtm.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:08:55 AM
Author: babysteps
What a great idea - here is my comparison (I hope it works!) Amethyst pair from Barry B., his photo is in the upper lefthand corner. He mentioned in his description that they flashed red and blue, so I included those photos of mine too - for me, both his photos and his descriptions are super accurate.
These are just darling Babysteps! Can we see some more pictures of your aqua asscher next?

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:46:57 PM
Author: Gailey
These are just darling Babysteps! Can we see some more pictures of your aqua asscher next?

Hi Gailey - I didn''t post it here since I didn''t have a vendor pic to compare - Jeff had sourced it for me and the first time I saw it was when it arrived.
1.gif
I have had it for nearly a year and I am getting antsy, it will be my first project to set when I move home!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:11:47 PM
Author: babysteps

Date: 3/12/2009 12:46:57 PM
Author: Gailey

Hi Gailey - I didn''t post it here since I didn''t have a vendor pic to compare - Jeff had sourced it for me and the first time I saw it was when it arrived.
1.gif
I have had it for nearly a year and I am getting antsy, it will be my first project to set when I move home!
Babysteps (I''m not ever going to abbreviate your name!)
Maybe Jeff has a picture???? I''m off to post about it on the best of PS thread, so please add it to that one, it''s lovely!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone for making this thread such a success.

Slidhdfueis2.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
2nd try! Love this thread! Makes me really excited to buy from some of these sellers.

My contribution: Dan Stair spinel 1.10 carats, light purple. Vendor photo, top. Indoor evening light, bottom. I can''t seem to capture it in daylight. It''s sparkle and color are really good, in any lighting.

rubybethspinelcollage2.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
2.67 orange pink tourmaline from Gemrite (John B.)

My photos don''t really do it justice; it is amazingly well cut and full of brilliance in person.

Orange pink tourm.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
.68 pad sapphire from Finewater Gems. Gene''s picture is pretty accurate to what I see in person.

Pad sapphire.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
1.56 pink pear spinel from AC Stones (although not cut by Barry). His pictures are very close to what i see in real life - incredibly accurate

Pear pink spinel.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
1.01 Pink spinel by Gemrite (John B.). His photo shows the carnation color of the stone quite well, but I ended up returning this stone.

Pink spinel round.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
.71 spinel from Dan Stair. I agree with the several others who noted that real-life appearance is darker than his photos. However, his stones also have incredible flash and brilliance that just cannot be captured on camera....by far the most brilliance I''ve seen in colored stones.

.71 Purple spinel.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
2.18 spess garnet by Dan Stair that I acquired second hand. Again, his photo is much lighter than what I typically capture/see in real life, but there is just no way to capture the incredible life this stone has in a static photo.

2.18 Spess garnet.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
This 3.48 Green Tourmaline from Precision Gems is a second-hand purchase as well, and I didn''t get vendor photos on this. This stone photographs incredibly easily (which is an anomoly for colored stones, I''m finding).

3.48 Green Tourmaline.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Aquamarine, ASC. 2.88ct, 11x6mm. Barry said it is unheated.

aquacanvas.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Zircon from Finewatergems. Very hard to photograph.

zirconcanvas.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 12:00:21 AM
Author: Allison D.

My photos don''t really do it justice; it is amazingly well cut and full of brilliance in person.
Allison,
So you got that orange/pink tourmaline from Gemrite that everyone was drooling at. How does the color compare to the vendor photo? It looks very different in your photo.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:56:41 PM
Author: musey
Okay this seals it.

I MUST have a spinel. MUST.

This is a brilliant thread by the way, great idea, very informative. Carry on!
35.gif
9.gif
Yup.

Yup.

And - yep.

I concur with all of the above.

My spinel craving is getting out of control.

And this thread is AWESOME and very informative!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Darn it Dani!
When I saw you posted here, I thought you''d finally caved and bought something!

And Alj- C''mon over and share and learn with us, it''s fun!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 9:54:19 AM
Author: mercoledi
Darn it Dani!
When I saw you posted here, I thought you''d finally caved and bought something!

And Alj- C''mon over and share and learn with us, it''s fun!
LOL. Nope.
39.gif
Adam hit a pot hole and took a chunk out of a tire. And the motor on the vacumm died. So... yeah. Not just yet. The stud money is safe. But gemmies will have to wait.

Bah.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Spessarite cut by Richard Homer. I feel his photo is pretty accurate, but doesn't capture how bright this stone is in real life. But I can't seem to capture that either. I put the lighter one up to show how different the stone can look with photos. The brighter one is closer to what I see.

6076ManSpess.jpg

IMG_0876spess.jpg

IMG_0873spess.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:26:32 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/16/2009 12:00:21 AM
Author: Allison D.

Allison,
So you got that orange/pink tourmaline from Gemrite that everyone was drooling at. How does the color compare to the vendor photo? It looks very different in your photo.
Bump!

I''m interested to know this as well. My Malaya garnet from Gemrite is further up this thread and I think it looks completely different to the actual stone. Fortunately, I liked the real colour so kept the stone.

I saw this orange tourmaline and wondered what it really looked like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results