shape
carat
color
clarity

VCA Obsession

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a great look with this collection @LLJsmom. Its a signature look and you wear all of the pieces so beautifully.

A question for you. I read the thread on your journey to find a tennis bracelet. Now that you've discovered VCA, if you were to do it all over again, would you skip the TB and go straight for a VCA (the perlee or the vintage Alhambra)?
Thank you for your lovely compliment @facetgirl . To be honest, with hindsight and the experience that comes with it, the answer is yes, I would jump straight to VCA. But I needed to mature emotionally to be able to "handle" VCA. I'm weird like that. It has taken years for my eyes to adjust to the physical size of a vintage motif. Initially, even with a 3 ct e-ring, the size of a diamond is so much smaller than a motif that I felt intimidated by vintage motifs. I started with Sweet Alhambra bracelets which were less startling to my eyes size wise. When my eyes could focused on the detail and impeccable craftsmanship of VCA, I wanted to "see" the motifs more clearly, and I graduated to the vintage size. Once I got comfortable with that, you couldn't hold me back. But all that took time. That's just me and some people don't have my "issues". I would say that if you are seriously considering VCA, keep going back and trying it on. I probably visited VCA for 2-3 years before I had the courage to buy a vintage bracelet. And then it was a solid rose gold piece, which almost as soon as I bought, I discovered I wanted a colored stone instead, because I wanted to see the contrast between the stone and gold perlee edge. So i gave the rose gold to my Mom who wears it 24/7, and I bought chalcedony, my first stone bracelet in the vintage size. Anyway, way too much info I'm sure, but I've been trying to process how I got here too. When you step back and consider how many I have, it's kinda insane, for me anyway. I'm not a collector type person. I want to wear EVERYTHING I buy so I don't buy doubles of much. But the really crazy thing is, I wear all my WG pieces A LOT. My Mom wears the yellow and rose gold. I make the effort every day to switch it up because I really like to and it's fun and love how they look. I've never felt that way about jewelry before. I put on stuff and never take it off. E-ring, pendant and studs, usually sleep with it. But VCA brings a little excitement every morning when I decide what to wear. OMG. I sound like an obsessed crazy person. Ahhh, which explains the title of my thread. :lol-2: (In hang out, you will see the "branded pieces" thread where I posted a zillion pics of stuff I have tried over and over again. It's been a process.) Geez. I'm sorry this was so long.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Moms wrist is less than five inches and the bracelet can be made small enough to fit her. If you like it, VCA can make it work. And it’s free to size as well. Sorry. I’m trying to enable. :Up_to_something:
haha... I love the clover look, and a statement bracelet, oooh.. yeah, I'm not a 5" but more like a 6" sooo I may have to try some on in person if I can locate one. Its so pretty!:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha... I love the clover look, and a statement bracelet, oooh.. yeah, I'm not a 5" but more like a 6" sooo I may have to try some on in person if I can locate one. Its so pretty!:love:
:dance::dance::dance:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your lovely compliment @facetgirl . To be honest, with hindsight and the experience that comes with it, the answer is yes, I would jump straight to VCA. But I needed to mature emotionally to be able to "handle" VCA. I'm weird like that. It has taken years for my eyes to adjust to the physical size of a vintage motif. Initially, even with a 3 ct e-ring, the size of a diamond is so much smaller than a motif that I felt intimidated by vintage motifs. I started with Sweet Alhambra bracelets which were less startling to my eyes size wise. When my eyes could focused on the detail and impeccable craftsmanship of VCA, I wanted to "see" the motifs more clearly, and I graduated to the vintage size. Once I got comfortable with that, you couldn't hold me back. But all that took time. That's just me and some people don't have my "issues". I would say that if you are seriously considering VCA, keep going back and trying it on. I probably visited VCA for 2-3 years before I had the courage to buy a vintage bracelet. And then it was a solid rose gold piece, which almost as soon as I bought, I discovered I wanted a colored stone instead, because I wanted to see the contrast between the stone and gold perlee edge. So i gave the rose gold to my Mom who wears it 24/7, and I bought chalcedony, my first stone bracelet in the vintage size. Anyway, way too much info I'm sure, but I've been trying to process how I got here too. When you step back and consider how many I have, it's kinda insane, for me anyway. I'm not a collector type person. I want to wear EVERYTHING I buy so I don't buy doubles of much. But the really crazy thing is, I wear all my WG pieces A LOT. My Mom wears the yellow and rose gold. I make the effort every day to switch it up because I really like to and it's fun and love how they look. I've never felt that way about jewelry before. I put on stuff and never take it off. E-ring, pendant and studs, usually sleep with it. But VCA brings a little excitement every morning when I decide what to wear. OMG. I sound like an obsessed crazy person. Ahhh, which explains the title of my thread. :lol-2: (In hang out, you will see the "branded pieces" thread where I posted a zillion pics of stuff I have tried over and over again. It's been a process.) Geez. I'm sorry this was so long.

I loved reading this! Thanks for sharing your process. LOL I don't think size will be an issue for me. I think what is happening for me is I thought I loved MRB diamonds but the reality is I am drawn to other things now and can't understand why. So I've coveted a TB for so long, as I think through the next piece for me, I am just loving VCA. I think I'll wear it more and it has a certain "zha zha zhu" (ala Carrie Bradshaw) for me. OMG I love your onyx and white as well as yellow gold bracelet. I think my problem will be figuring out which one - solid gold or onyx and which colors will be best for me. A good problem to have I suppose. FWIW, the white gold/onyx combo with the perlee.... my heart goes pitter patter. Enjoy wearing all of your pieces @LLJsmom

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved reading this! Thanks for sharing your process. LOL I don't think size will be an issue for me. I think what is happening for me is I thought I loved MRB diamonds but the reality is I am drawn to other things now and can't understand why. So I've coveted a TB for so long, as I think through the next piece for me, I am just loving VCA. I think I'll wear it more and it has a certain "zha zha zhu" (ala Carrie Bradshaw) for me. OMG I love your onyx and white as well as yellow gold bracelet. I think my problem will be figuring out which one - solid gold or onyx and which colors will be best for me. A good problem to have I suppose. FWIW, the white gold/onyx combo with the perlee.... my heart goes pitter patter. Enjoy wearing all of your pieces @LLJsmom
I am sorry for that long-winded post. Just FYI. The onyx and WG is a special order piece. You will want to work with your SA to make that happen. If you want me details about that process, see my response to rubies above. Or maybe you have already. Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck deciding. It can be a process but so fun! If you go to VCA and try on stuff, post pics in hang out in the branded pieces thread. The branded pieces lovers are always posting thoughts there.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just showed DH the VCA website and he really likes the style, he did not faint which is super positive!
Indeed!! THere is hope!:dance:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom thanks for the yummy pictures :love: I’ve been dying to see your collection. Like others I have also followed your VCA journey and I’ve learned to appreciate the craftsmanship and history behind the brand. I find that I prefer VCA over Cartier because it’s not a common brand here in SoCal. Where as Cartier and Tiffany are worn by most women here. Your collection is to die for. What’s your next purchase? I’d like to do a special order but I have to resize my chalcedony first.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom thanks for the yummy pictures :love: I’ve been dying to see your collection. Like others I have also followed your VCA journey and I’ve learned to appreciate the craftsmanship and history behind the brand. I find that I prefer VCA over Cartier because it’s not a common brand here in SoCal. Where as Cartier and Tiffany are worn by most women here. Your collection is to die for. What’s your next purchase? I’d like to do a special order but I have to resize my chalcedony first.
Thank you @eh613c . I think I'm working toward some earrings but I have some major issues with earrings and don't know if would be able to accommodate any other than ones that are very light with very skinny posts. What are you thinking about after your chalcedony?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats they are ALL gorgeous on you!!!!

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m also jumping on the VCA bandwagon thanks to LLJ and Phoenix! I am saving for the 5 motif gold bracelet (for December 2019) plus ring (for April 2020) but next year (around this time) I hope to acquire these 2 pieces :

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...jj00-vintage-alhambra-necklace-10-motifs.html

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...bra/vcarp3jl00-vintage-alhambra-earrings.html

I was told by one of the SA in Houston that the matching bracelet for this line is way too delicate to be worn every day. In fact nicks and scratches will show up very quickly so I opted for the necklace and earrings since it is harder to bang those up. Then I can wear the classic YG and ring for every day without worrying about scratches since the textured
gold hides it really well. What do y’all think?

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @eh613c . I think I'm working toward some earrings but I have some major issues with earrings and don't know if would be able to accommodate any other than ones that are very light with very skinny posts. What are you thinking about after your chalcedony?

I would love earrings too but I’d like to get a decent size pair of diamond studs first. I would like to do a special order for a gray MOP 5 motif bracelet in white gold. I love your WG onyx but I worry about finger prints. Plus I love the agate too! I didn’t realize it had striations like chalcedony.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also jumping on the VCA bandwagon thanks to LLJ and Phoenix! I am saving for the 5 motif gold bracelet (for December 2019) plus ring (for April 2020) but next year (around this time) I hope to acquire these 2 pieces :

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...jj00-vintage-alhambra-necklace-10-motifs.html

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...bra/vcarp3jl00-vintage-alhambra-earrings.html

I was told by one of the SA in Houston that the matching bracelet for this line is way too delicate to be worn every day. In fact nicks and scratches will show up very quickly so I opted for the necklace and earrings since it is harder to bang those up. Then I can wear the classic YG and ring for every day without worrying about scratches since the textured
The guilloche is gorgeous and very flattering on certain complexions. On my face, YG is not my favorite. I’m getting used to wearing them on the wrists. I too am worried that scratches on the guilloche will show. So a vintage bracelet in textured gold would be way more practical.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love earrings too but I’d like to get a decent size pair of diamond studs first. I would like to do a special order for a gray MOP 5 motif bracelet in white gold. I love your WG onyx but I worry about finger prints. Plus I love the agate too! I didn’t realize it had striations like chalcedony.
Diamond studs are always a staple. I would get that first too. WG and GMOP would bring out the darkness in GMOP Which would be so edgy and cool. I was also worried about the onyx showing fingerprints. But the funny thing is when you wear them you don’t notice because the angle at which you view your bracelet doesn’t make it easy to see. But all the combos are beautiful. Just whatever speaks to you. I didn’t know there were striations in blue agate until I sent the pic to a friend and she commented. :P2 Can’t wait to see what you decide.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The guilloche is gorgeous and very flattering on certain complexions. On my face, YG is not my favorite. I’m getting used to wearing them on the wrists. I too am worried that scratches on the guilloche will show. So a vintage bracelet in textured gold would be way more practical.

I 100% agree with LLJsmom that I'd go with the classic solid gold motifs and not the guilloche. I think it is far more likely to show scratches and dents.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore all your VCA pieces!!!!! It really is addictive. I find these pieces so easy to wear casually. I wear my Alhambra bracelet FAR more than my tennis bracelet. I look forward to being enabled by you now and in the future! Lol!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@LLJsmom, just wondering as I ruminate about VCA, have you ever tried on the yellow gold pure MOP earrings in store?

It's hard to know what to aim for as I can't try it on right now! I do love earrings, but I also like wearing charm style bracelets in sterling silver. I see that you can get white gold and MOP in the sweets I think, but I think I like the yellow gold at this point.

Nice to know your thoughts, do you intend to get earrings one day? Or do you feel more comfortable in bracelets?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, what a wonderful collection you have. I agree with @mrs-b, it looks perfect on you. Truly, like it was made for you. It is great that you wear it a lot and really enjoy it. I think I had better stay away from VCA. I don't think I can afford another addiction. I have far too many, lol!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, what a wonderful collection you have. I agree with @mrs-b, it looks perfect on you. Truly, like it was made for you. It is great that you wear it a lot and really enjoy it. I think I had better stay away from VCA. I don't think I can afford another addiction. I have far too many, lol!
Thank you so much @luv2sparkle Yes it’s probably safer not to get sucked into this rabbit hole. Thank you for your lovely comments.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
@CareBear you crack me up. It is super shiny for no diamonds. I admit love bracelets are gorgeous. And some people don’t want to pay that much for semi precious stones.o_O Kwim? At least you get all gold with Love.:D I wish I could wear a bracelet 24/7 and NOT be paranoid about scratches.
@LLJsmom omg! Love the WG!! I did not know you could special order that. It does look very sparkly! I thought there were diamonds! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

LKCalifornia

Rough_Rock
Amazing collection. I'm envious! Can you tell me if your perlee ring is the large size or the small size? I've been considering one but have hesitated because I don't know which size would work best with my existing ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing collection. I'm envious! Can you tell me if your perlee ring is the large size or the small size? I've been considering one but have hesitated because I don't know which size would work best with my existing ring.
Thank you @LKCalifornia My perlee band isn’t the smallest size. I have some pics of it with my ering. It’s very shiny. Sometimes it looks like diamonds. VCA polish is second to none.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@D&T @yennyfire @CareBear @Weeivy73 @junebug17
Hope you don’t mind me tagging you ladies as you may like the solid WG that just came in and the options . And jeans. ;-)

Can I get the gorgeous figure to go with the bling??:P2 The white gold bracelet is stunning and I love your mix-n-match options! I guess the smartest thing for me is to see if I can wear a bracelet (I don’t own even one because I’ve never liked the feel of watches or bracelets on my wrist)....I should get some knockoffs first and see how much I like them...stay tuned!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get the gorgeous figure to go with the bling??:P2 The white gold bracelet is stunning and I love your mix-n-match options! I guess the smartest thing for me is to see if I can wear a bracelet (I don’t own even one because I’ve never liked the feel of watches or bracelets on my wrist)....I should get some knockoffs first and see how much I like them...stay tuned!
I definitely will be crossing my fingers that it works for you!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I loved those on you! Did you decide on earrings?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I loved those on you! Did you decide on earrings?
No I haven’t. I won’t be buying until next year. And there might be a whole different option in the running now too. Maybe another get together is in order...:Up_to_something:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I haven’t. I won’t be buying until next year. And there might be a whole different option in the running now too. Maybe another get together is in order...:Up_to_something:
I’m intrigued! Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got up your sleeve. ;)2 Always down for another GTG!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom Hi! I was just admiring your VCA collection! I like the look of the Perlee band with you beautiful diamond ring. Would you be able to let me know which size Perlee it is?
Do you find yourself still wearing the band?
Thank you :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Hi! I was just admiring your VCA collection! I like the look of the Perlee band with you beautiful diamond ring. Would you be able to let me know which size Perlee it is?
Do you find yourself still wearing the band?
Thank you :)

Thank you @Paisley2628 Are you talking about the little WG band? It’s the smallest size of Perlee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results