VCA Obsession

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a deal! Now to look up VCA shops near me! :whistle:
Can't wait to see @yennyfire . It' actually taken me years to get used to VCA. I think I bought my first piece 3-4 years ago, and they were sweets b/c the vintage motifs looked HUGE to me. I kept going back to the store, visitng probably 3-4 more times, and still didn't buy. Tried on tons of stuff and took a zillion pics. Probably took 1.5 years before I moved from sweet size to vintage size. And I always thought VCA was too girly. Somehow, as I have worn them more, they don't look girly but I've come to love them more and more.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That yg/rg stack has me swooning. If I saw you irl I probably could not let you go by without stopping you to admire.

Your collection is utterly stunning- thanks for the thread!
Thank you @apacherose . You're too kind. The pieces are all casual pieces. The really jaw dropping collections are with @Boom , @kama_s , and @Phoenix. You should check out their pieces. But I do love these more casual pieces cause I can wear them whenever, with whatever. And they are still stunning.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonder no longer, @FutureGracie! I believe it says 'Van Cleef & Arpels'.
yup, @mrs-b has the right of it. I didn't even like this bracelet when I first saw it 2-3 years ago. Now, it is my favorite piece. I wear it more than all my other pieces. It's super comfortable, clean, striking, shiny yet nondescript.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh please. I just realized today, while looking at your photos, that you do, in fact, have the prettiest hands and arms in the entire world. I wasn't aware of it before, but I realize it now. And don't bother arguing with me because I argue harder and won't listen to you anyway. You have BEAUTIFUL hands and arms and they were made for VCA. The part I related to the most was the burrito in the car. Altho - today is actually my birthday, so we'll be getting dolled up and going out for lobster this evening, and it will give me a chance to wear my big SS pearl and diamond drop earrings, which always makes me happy. :))

I'm looking forward to seeing your new purchase! And...<polite cough>...a few more photos wouldn't hurt anyone. (I'm looking at YOU, Perlee bangle and chalcedony and white gold Alhambra bracelet!!)
Thanks @mrs-b you are too sweet. Just so everyone knows, the pic with the arm with the sweet carnelian is NOT mine. That is my daughter's un-veiny hand and arm.:D Not me. I wish.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah Nellie! What a collection you have! I'm so glad you posted them all in one picture.
You have inspired me to want to layer my new white gold 5 motif bracelet (which I'm still waiting to get back from sizing) with a sweet single motif in either the turquoise in white gold or a carnelian in yellow or pink gold to add contrast. I love the way that combo looks in your first 2 pix.:love:
Seems I will never be able to climb out of this VCA addiction rabbit hole!:lol:
Thanks for sharing!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b you are too sweet. Just so everyone knows, the pic with the arm with the sweet carnelian is NOT mine. That is my daughter's un-veiny hand and arm.:D Not me. I wish.

Well, ok. But my trump-winning argument is that she probably inherited her beautiful hands and arms from you anyway. So my compliment stands.

Seriously, tho, @LLJsmom - your collection is beautiful and must represent years of dedication to a style and designer you love. I truly enjoy seeing those sorts of collections develop - it's a pleasure to watch. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so the final piece came in today. I think this must be it for vintage bracelets for me, but don’t hold me to it. My solid white gold piece came. It look less time than I thought. We anticipated 6 months but we got it in 4.
@mrs-b there you are doing your mind reading stuff again. How did you know I was getting a WG piece?

AD812F6F-F7AF-4863-A885-CEAF651539CF.jpeg AC47702E-D496-4C8E-ACD5-052C9E829C13.jpeg 46635E0F-FF41-475B-B166-9B00D656AB2E.jpeg 77D18603-1D16-4F38-8079-6D7E775E6269.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The solid white one is gorgeous!! I didn't know they made one.
I only saw the version with diamonds..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The solid white one is gorgeous!! I didn't know they made one.
I only saw the version with diamonds..
It’s a special order. They make it when you order it. Takes 6-12 months depending on the piece. There’s a premium but for me worth it cause I know I would wear it a lot. And great to mix and match.
I think you’ll have a lot of fun deciding on the sweet to stack with it! A turquoise butterfly would be beautiful.

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your quick answer. :wavey:
Oh I had no idea that they even made one or that it was possible to order. It's not on their website.. or maybe I didn't see it. Wow. It's gorgeous and I feel sturdier and more wearable than the MOP since I know the MOP isn't supposed to get wet.
Do you mind my asking.. is it in the same ballpark price-wise as the MOP white gold one?
Thanks for letting me know.
Uh oh.. I'm having buyers remorse..:(

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I have a hard time wearing bracelets and the only bracelet I have is from 30 years ago made by a family member in my home country. I have such small wrist that I have to special order everything :(2 ... I’m sure they can customize them I adore clover looking jewelry.:love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For a second there I thought the WG solid bracelet had diamonds! It's so shiny!!! I like it more than the gold solid, not that I dislike the gold or anything! I gotta say, a stack of VCAs kicks a stack of Love bracelet's a** any day! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your quick answer. :wavey:
Oh I had no idea that they even made one or that it was possible to order. It's not on their website.. or maybe I didn't see it. Wow. It's gorgeous and I feel sturdier and more wearable than the MOP since I know the MOP isn't supposed to get wet.
Do you mind my asking.. is it in the same ballpark price-wise as the MOP white gold one?
Thanks for letting me know.
Uh oh.. I'm having buyers remorse..:(
HI @Rubies-R-Me Don’t feel badly. It’s not advertised. To get a SO, the SA needs to submit a request to headquarters in France. You basically apply, and the SA tells them all the pieces you already have and what you want. If they approve, they will come back with a quote and then you decide if you want it. Then you put down a certain amount and pay the rest when your piece is completed. The premium can vary from 30-50%. I’ll admit that I’ve had to pay close to the upper end of that.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hi LLJsmom!
Thanks for giving me the details on how your new beauty is "by request only" and pricier than the bracelet that I just bought. It does take away most of my buyers remorse so thanks.:appl:
I would have been truly bummed if your all gold version was widely available, comparably priced but I just hadn't noticed it.
Its a real beauty!!!! Enjoy all your amazing VCA finery!:love:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I love all your pieces. I walked into the 5th ave. flagship store today and bought my first vintage Alhambra rose gold earrings. I love that they are low maintenance. I also tried in a bunch of stuff, the frivole flower ring, cosmos earrings, frivole pave earrings, butterfly b/t the finger ring and a bunch of different vintage earrings with different stones. The SA was so nice, she kept showing me a bunch of pieces to try. I think I will go back soon to buy my next piece. I can tell this will be my next addiction now that I think I am done with diamonds.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I have a hard time wearing bracelets and the only bracelet I have is from 30 years ago made by a family member in my home country. I have such small wrist that I have to special order everything :(2 ... I’m sure they can customize them I adore clover looking jewelry.:love:

My Moms wrist is less than five inches and the bracelet can be made small enough to fit her. If you like it, VCA can make it work. And it’s free to size as well. Sorry. I’m trying to enable. :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a second there I thought the WG solid bracelet had diamonds! It's so shiny!!! I like it more than the gold solid, not that I dislike the gold or anything! I gotta say, a stack of VCAs kicks a stack of Love bracelet's a** any day! :love::love::love:
@CareBear you crack me up. It is super shiny for no diamonds. I admit love bracelets are gorgeous. And some people don’t want to pay that much for semi precious stones.o_O Kwim? At least you get all gold with Love.:D I wish I could wear a bracelet 24/7 and NOT be paranoid about scratches.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hi LLJsmom!
Thanks for giving me the details on how your new beauty is "by request only" and pricier than the bracelet that I just bought. It does take away most of my buyers remorse so thanks.:appl:
I would have been truly bummed if your all gold version was widely available, comparably priced but I just hadn't noticed it.
Its a real beauty!!!! Enjoy all your amazing VCA finery!:love:
As you wear your VCA I bet you will just kinda get a feel of what else is “you”. And then who knows? You’re white MOP is gorgeous and I hope you post more action shots. I would love to see how it looks with different outfits. :pray:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all your pieces. I walked into the 5th ave. flagship store today and bought my first vintage Alhambra rose gold earrings. I love that they are low maintenance. I also tried in a bunch of stuff, the frivole flower ring, cosmos earrings, frivole pave earrings, butterfly b/t the finger ring and a bunch of different vintage earrings with different stones. The SA was so nice, she kept showing me a bunch of pieces to try. I think I will go back soon to buy my next piece. I can tell this will be my next addiction now that I think I am done with diamonds.

Congratulations @diamondlove123 !! If you don’t create a separate thread please post lots of pics in the VCA thread! And shots of that gorgeous black box. That’s how they get you. They’re all super nice and show you a bunch of things and encourage you to try them on and then you’re hooked. Free hits.:P2
Can’t wait to see what’s next for you!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just adore this look! Thanks for thinking of me, I wish I looked this cool in real life, love your new white gold it's perfect on you!:appl:
Thank you @Weeivy73 Perhaps one in the future for you? :P2

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you @Weeivy73 Perhaps one in the future for you? :P2
I think it will definitely be something I aim for my 50the which is in 4 years. I'm on ban Island til then from my husband cos he bought me 2 diamonds for my new ring this year.
We are off to Paris for Christmas so along with checking out Tiffany bone cuffs I will try and work up the courage to go to VCA and look, but no touchy lol.:naughty:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
:lol::twisted2::twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:
Congratulations @diamondlove123 !! If you don’t create a separate thread please post lots of pics in the VCA thread! And shots of that gorgeous black box. That’s how they get you. They’re all super nice and show you a bunch of things and encourage you to try them on and then you’re hooked. Free hits.:P2
Can’t wait to see what’s next for you!!
I will post on the vca thread now. I am hooked!! I would like a pave Alhambra earrings next!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will definitely be something I aim for my 50the which is in 4 years. I'm on ban Island til then from my husband cos he bought me 2 diamonds for my new ring this year.
We are off to Paris for Christmas so along with checking out Tiffany bone cuffs I will try and work up the courage to go to VCA and look, but no touchy lol.:naughty:
:dance:You have to pop into the flagship store to look!! And take pics? And try pieces on? and...and...and... :mrgreen2:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You have such a great look with this collection @LLJsmom. Its a signature look and you wear all of the pieces so beautifully.

A question for you. I read the thread on your journey to find a tennis bracelet. Now that you've discovered VCA, if you were to do it all over again, would you skip the TB and go straight for a VCA (the perlee or the vintage Alhambra)?

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
:dance:You have to pop into the flagship store to look!! And take pics? And try pieces on? and...and...and... :mrgreen2:
I just showed DH the VCA website and he really likes the style, he did not faint which is super positive!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results