shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT VCA Carnelian Vintage Alhambra Pendant

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to present my first VCA piece! I've been coveting the vintage alhambra necklace for a while and went into VCA back in October for the first time. I knew I wanted to try the MOP and onyx since they are classic but I absolutely love red and had to try on the carnelian. Well of course, that was the one I fell in love with! The MOP and onyx didn't really do it for me on my neck. I went home and showed DH and he also thought the carnelian looked best and was surprised by how regal it looked (I had shown him the website pics before and he wasn't very impressed  :snooty: )

Well a couple of weeks ago we had plans to go into the city with family to see the tree and DH surprised me with going to VCA first!!  :appl: We had an absolutely amazing SA who was very nice and patient...I know there are color variations of their stones and I was very specific and wanted a stone that was more red - not too brown/dark, not too peach/light. She ended up bringing out all of the carnelian pendants they had in store and I had pick of the litter! She and DH must've thought I was nuts at first but both acknowledged the differences in color I kept showing them (or maybe they were just yessing me to death  :lol: ) But she also made a good point that I think will be helpful to others...the carnelian is actually transparent so a big part of how it looks while worn will depend on your skin tone. One of the first ones I picked was a burgundy red and looked nice on the tray but once on it was way too dark.

Onto the pics and hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

img_14205.jpg

img_14206.jpg

img_14207.jpg

img_14208.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One cool thing that you only get at the NYC 57th street location is their exclusive black bag and box!! Makes it feel EXTRA special!!! :appl:

img_14209.jpg

img_14210.jpg

img_14211.jpg

img_14212.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more....some of the neck shots aren't in great lighting so it looks a little darker than usual...

img_14213.jpg

img_14214.jpg

img_14215.jpg

img_14216.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't later it with my dbty but I wanted to see how it would look!

And a pic that shows how transparent it is!!

img_14217.jpg

img_14218.jpg

img_14219.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also tried on a carnelian sweet bracelet but it's not for me...

img_14220.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I now understand the feeling of others before me and have a huge hunch that this won't be my only VCA purchase. I'm already eyeing the matching earrings, which DH incidentally thinks are gorgeous :naughty:

And last, a picture of the beautiful tree at Rockefeller Center!

img_0357.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
The carnelian pendant looks fabulous on you!!

You definitely made the right choice, the red looks best against your skin tone.
I think you chose a lovely shade of red as well, that's the difficult part with carnelian.

Looking forward to your future purchases! :love: :twisted: :love: Lol!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117, we are twins! The carnelian looks wonderful on you. it is amazingly pretty isn't it? And super elegant, a standout piece that is still strangely subtle. It's hard to explain. I see you chose a lighter red. It looks so well on you. I just loved the super dark red. My SA did the same thing, brought out 3 of them. I chose my fave.

I originally bought the holiday pendant but found the onyx too dark for me, so I returned it. Then I almost bought the lucky butterfly in MOP but it was too big. Then I tried this and BAM. You know when you know.

So you're considering the earrings? So funny cause I tried on the earrings and didn't love them. But as you know I have the carnelian sweet bracelet which I do love. That is what is so cool about VCA. There are so many options.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful on you! :love: (twinsies, except your Alhambra got filled with jelly and mine is plain and hollow!!!)

I am laughing at your sweet bracelet pic. I am glad you don't like it because my initial reaction was that it looks "babyish" on you and I couldn't understand why at first why I felt that way... then I took a harder look at the pic and realized that your rock, although farther from the camera, dwarfs the sweet bahahahahaha. :lol: I can't! :lol: Stellla stole the show!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Looks beautiful on you. I think that's the best one on you too.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Boom and poshmommy!!! Glad to hear you agree!

Pinto, my jelly is just trying to catch up to your not-so-plain collection!! :lol: Stellla made a surprise guest appearance and inadvertently overshadowed that bracelet :-o

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483063304|4110559 said:
ac117, we are twins! The carnelian looks wonderful on you. it is amazingly pretty isn't it? And super elegant, a standout piece that is still strangely subtle. It's hard to explain. I see you chose a lighter red. It looks so well on you. I just loved the super dark red. My SA did the same thing, brought out 3 of them. I chose my fave.

I originally bought the holiday pendant but found the onyx too dark for me, so I returned it. Then I almost bought the lucky butterfly in MOP but it was too big. Then I tried this and BAM. You know when you know.

So you're considering the earrings? So funny cause I tried on the earrings and didn't love them. But as you know I have the carnelian sweet bracelet which I do love. That is what is so cool about VCA. There are so many options.

Ahhh, I know! I noticed in the 'Looking forward to seeing some new bling from PSers' thread and mentioned it! I wish my SA only had to bring out 3....more like 3 trays :shhh: 4 on the first tray, 3 each on the second and third tray and of course mine was on the last tray :lol: at least I knew I had seen them all and made an informed decision!!

I agree that the carnelian looks so perfect on you too over the holiday pendant! Something about the rg and onyx wasn't my cup of tea :???: But I'm so glad you're happy with your choice!

I do like the earrings but haven't tried them on so I suppose that could change! Will definitely keep you posted (although I do t expect to get these anytime soon....)!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1483059307|4110549 said:
I now understand the feeling of others before me and have a huge hunch that this won't be my only VCA purchase. I'm already eyeing the matching earrings, which DH incidentally thinks are gorgeous :naughty:

Beautiful pendant!! :love: :love:

And errhh...most likely not! he he ;))

(Btw, I rather adore the Sweet bracelet shown).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that you and LLJsmom happened to choose the carnelian pendant! I love the red and it's on my wishlist, but the MOP and onyx come first for me since I wear black a lot and I want white for summer! I just wish they'd produce more turquoise and also bring back lapis because it is so gorgeous in yellow gold. In other words, I'd love most of the colors! :lol:

You are right about not being able to stop with one purchase. It's somewhat addicting!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks perfect on you as well! :appl: And yes, you must add to your VCA collection soon!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483069673|4110600 said:
ac117|1483059307|4110549 said:

Beautiful pendant!! :love: :love:

And errhh...most likely not! he he ;))

(Btw, I rather adore the Sweet bracelet shown).

Thanks Phoenix!!! I could maybe see myself with a MOP Sweet but the carnelian wasn't my favorite for my wrist bc it didn't pop.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1483071043|4110607 said:
I love that you and LLJsmom happened to choose the carnelian pendant! I love the red and it's on my wishlist, but the MOP and onyx come first for me since I wear black a lot and I want white for summer! I just wish they'd produce more turquoise and also bring back lapis because it is so gorgeous in yellow gold. In other words, I'd love most of the colors! :lol:

You are right about not being able to stop with one purchase. It's somewhat addicting!

Very addicting!! :lol: I had the same thought process when I tried on the MOP and onyx but it just didn't give me the feeling the carnelian did. I also struggled with waiting until we go to a Paris to get the exclusive blue sevres since I also find that one so dreamy so I agree they should bring back the lapis since it's similar!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
so beautiful!!! love love VCA and your necklace is so classic, love the carnelian on your skin tone!!! And how interesting about the stone being transparent, i never realized that! CONGRATS and wear it in good health! :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It looks gorgeous on you ac117!!! :love: :love: :love:
It's perfect. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1483072847|4110625 said:
diamondseeker2006|1483071043|4110607 said:

Very addicting!! :lol: I had the same thought process when I tried on the MOP and onyx but it just didn't give me the feeling the carnelian did. I also struggled with waiting until we go to a Paris to get the exclusive blue sevres since I also find that one so dreamy so I agree they should bring back the lapis since it's similar!

Your next purchase perhaps! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and looks perfect on you! You picked the perfect one.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M-2-b - thank you! I certainly plan to! :halo:

Dollyanjuli - thank you so much! I love your MOP version....it blows on you! I would've loved to find a steal of a deal like you did but I'm so picky about the shade of red that it would've been super difficult!

Missy - I like the way you think :Up_to_something: you're quite the enabler....haha I hear the sevres pendant is slightly larger than the regular Alhambra so it would be different... :naughty:

Catmom - thank you!! I'm very happy I went with my gut! ::)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love carnelian.
I think it's under utilized.
Looks very beautiful on you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you. Very pretty pendant.

Marcy

mol42

Shiny_Rock
It looks absolutely perfect on you!!! :appl:

So glad you had such a wondereful experience. I find their SAs to be so lovely, never pushy in my experience. And the packaging is so luxe! Enjoy your new pendant and looking forward to your next acquisition :Up_to_something:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece (I think the other colors looked great on you too)! Earrings would be fantastic...got an anniversary or Bday
coming up?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rfisher and Marcy!

Mol42, the SA who we purchased from was amazing. When I went by myself, the woman I had was kind of dry...maybe she knew I wasn't purchasing? Who knows but I didn't feel the loyalty to go back to her when I went with DH but I will most certainly only go back to the second one!

tyty333|1483126984|4110813 said:
What a beautiful piece (I think the other colors looked great on you too)! Earrings would be fantastic...got an anniversary or Bday
coming up?

Thanks tyty!!! I like the way you think :Up_to_something: both are coming up but we are going on a trip for both occasions!! I know I can't have it all right away #firstworldproblems :lol:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ac117|1483069448|4110598 said:
LLJsmom|1483063304|4110559 said:

Ahhh, I know! I noticed in the 'Looking forward to seeing some new bling from PSers' thread and mentioned it! I wish my SA only had to bring out 3....more like 3 trays :shhh: 4 on the first tray, 3 each on the second and third tray and of course mine was on the last tray :lol: at least I knew I had seen them all and made an informed decision!!

I agree that the carnelian looks so perfect on you too over the holiday pendant! Something about the rg and onyx wasn't my cup of tea :???: But I'm so glad you're happy with your choice!

I do like the earrings but haven't tried them on so I suppose that could change! Will definitely keep you posted (although I do t expect to get these anytime soon....)!

ac117, LLJsmom, triplets here! The carnelian was my first VCA piece as well! Awesome choice :love: :love:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing your story, and all the modeling shots and packaging photos ac117! Your husband was very sweet to surprise you, especially since he didn't think much of it at first. Choosing the location with the exclusive black packaging is just icing on the cake. :) The pouch is lovely, too.

I had no idea that carnelian is actually translucent! The pictures are very helpful- you definitely chose a great color, because it's gorgeous on you. :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results