shape
carat
color
clarity

VCA 10 motif in hammered RG - length and colour comparisons

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is seriously the stuff of dreams!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updating this thread with two things:

(1) Twisting the 10 motif to wear as a double-wrapped bracelet

I saw this on Instagram and thought it looked like a really neat way to double-wrap the 10 motif as a bracelet. The motifs are closer together (which looks more like a 5-motif) and I like the aesthetic of a double-wrapped bracelet stacked with my RG JUC more than the triple-wrapped, as it looks less busy on the wrist.

You twist the motifs to reduce the length of the chain between each motif (photo below showing the difference between a twisted chain and a normal chain).

One of my concerns was whether this would damage the chain, but I'm really impressed by thickness/sturdiness of the chain and didn't feel like there would be an issue.

However, the main issue is that the chain unravels itself! Unless you wear the bracelet really tight, the motifs untwist themselves - mine came undone within 30 seconds :lol-2:

2746469D-D065-4C90-B2EE-561CE94EFB57.jpeg E1A76EF1-A429-49FF-AED2-E3460BF4DF23.jpeg
Here is the immediate unravelling...
6A208C3E-8683-4EE3-B182-F3515D1E50BE.jpeg

(2) Rose gold comparison - Tiffany vs. VCA

Can't believe I forgot about my RG mini Bean for the colour comparison! The Tiffany RG is less rosey than VCA.

One thing to note is that I've had this mini Bean for more than ten years and have recently been made aware that RG loses its pinkish tinge over time, so I'm not sure if this is due to wear over time.

C0462BDD-611E-4EEA-8D47-568C3C7E4D4C.jpeg

glad that you won't be twisting anymore. all the scratching of the links hurts my heart, even if not my jewelry

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This was exceedingly helpful. I’m eyeing that for my 10 year anniversary. 10 motifs for 10 years :) and I Already have the Sweet 6 motif bracelet (also hammered) in RG. Love how you can really live in it, wear it casual or fancy.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new found love of VCA RG! Thanks for all of the modeling shots!

I am adding this RG 10 motif to my wishlist!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
This was exceedingly helpful. I’m eyeing that for my 10 year anniversary. 10 motifs for 10 years :) and I Already have the Sweet 6 motif bracelet (also hammered) in RG. Love how you can really live in it, wear it casual or fancy.

Ooh this sounds like a wonderful combo! Would love to see a modelling shot of your Sweet bracelet and the Vintage necklace when you get the 10 motif ❤️

I have a new found love of VCA RG! Thanks for all of the modeling shots!

I am adding this RG 10 motif to my wishlist!

Welcome to the dark side, @m-2-b
Can’t wait to see how you wear RG (with your existing WG/plat pieces or are you starting a RG collection?)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh this sounds like a wonderful combo! Would love to see a modelling shot of your Sweet bracelet and the Vintage necklace when you get the 10 motif ❤️

Welcome to the dark side, @m-2-b
Can’t wait to see how you wear RG (with your existing WG/plat pieces or are you starting a RG collection?)

I have the RG rhodonite HP and needed something to go with it. So I ordered the RG hammered VA earrings for which there can be an up to 6 month wait!

We shall see whether I continue down the RG path or finish out my WG collection next. It is indeed a slippery slope!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Posting a few more modelling pics to show the versatility of the 10 motif.

What I’ve found is that having this one piece has prevented me from coveting other (more substantial) necklaces like a Bulgari turbogas or thicker chain necklaces, or chokers like the Cartier JUC necklace. It’s just so versatile and easy to wear!

The one “con” I can find so far is the weight. I don’t have any scales to hand at the moment, but I am used to dainty necklaces so this one is the heaviest by far, meaning I notice the weight of the piece throughout the day.

Here are the different lengths:
At 15 inches, stacked with 0.39ct custom DBTY whilst trying on the 5 motif YG pave / guilloche. TBH this choker length was a bit uncomfortable, especially in the summer heat (and my skin has gotten more sensitive / swollen with pregnancy)
C37EE181-551D-40EC-A8D5-97A056485CE6.jpeg

At 16 inches, which is my preferred length when worn with button downs.
75BCA434-450A-4D08-9ABF-91E00CC75317.jpeg

At 18 inches, my preferred length with higher necklines
2DB13328-0C5F-48B2-8627-67FC512AD259.jpeg

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium

What I’ve found is that having this one piece has prevented me from coveting other (more substantial) necklaces like a Bulgari turbogas or thicker chain necklaces, or chokers like the Cartier JUC necklace. It’s just so versatile and easy to wear!

The one “con” I can find so far is the weight. I don’t have any scales to hand at the moment, but I am used to dainty necklaces so this one is the heaviest by far, meaning I notice the weight of the piece throughout the day.

At 15 inches, stacked with 0.39ct custom DBTY whilst trying on the 5 motif YG pave / guilloche. TBH this choker length was a bit uncomfortable, especially in the summer heat (and my skin has gotten more sensitive / swollen with pregnancy)

Love the approach with the extender! Did VCA do that for you?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of your pieces are just beautiful and beautiful on you Pomelo!! Also.. Congrats on the upcoming happiness!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Love the approach with the extender! Did VCA do that for you?

No, they don’t do extenders - only change the links to the necklace to make it longer/shorter. I got my jeweller to make me one in 18k RG to match the VCA chain as much as possible; they’re not the same as they source the chain externally but it’s close enough for an extender that most people can’t see.
IMG_0182.jpeg

All of your pieces are just beautiful and beautiful on you Pomelo!! Also.. Congrats on the upcoming happiness!!
Thank you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m just now seeing this whole thread. I love reading your descriptions! What a beautiful collection you have.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, congrats on the pregnancy @Pomelo ! I hope all of your rings still fit at this time, too!

I find the weight to be a good thing in terms of getting my money's worth from a piece of jewelry, lol!

I was thinking I like the 17" length the best--how many links would be added in between each motif to add 1" overall?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful on you! You look radiant! The RG is a perfect color, and the piece is in perfect harmony with your overall style.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love how you made this piece work for you. When you wear it, I feel Like you’re wearing it rather than it wearing you. I almost forget it’s VCA.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I’m just now seeing this whole thread. I love reading your descriptions! What a beautiful collection you have.
Thank you!

First of all, congrats on the pregnancy @Pomelo ! I hope all of your rings still fit at this time, too!

I find the weight to be a good thing in terms of getting my money's worth from a piece of jewelry, lol!

I was thinking I like the 17" length the best--how many links would be added in between each motif to add 1" overall?
Thanks! Haha - they don’t, so I haven’t been wearing rings very much.

IIRC 17 inches equals two additional single links between each motif - which VCA calls one link as they come in pairs, but I can’t be sure - your SA will be able to tell you though! Note that if you get it extended, the distance between each motif will increase so it visually looks different.

So beautiful on you! You look radiant! The RG is a perfect color, and the piece is in perfect harmony with your overall style.
Thank you!

I love how you made this piece work for you. When you wear it, I feel Like you’re wearing it rather than it wearing you. I almost forget it’s VCA.
Thank you, I think this is why I like the hammered RG - it’s the most subtle against my skin so I can pretty much wear it everywhere :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results