shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Emilya Halo w Single Cut, Multi-Row Pave **PIC OVERLOAD**

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: VC Emilya Halo w Single Cut, Multi-Row Pave **PIC OVERLO

What a beautiful ring!!! Id love to know more about this second pavè row.... Is this a standard VC or something you requested specifically?

What angle is your halo?

violetjane

Rough_Rock

hi there! i know this thread is ancient, but 2sanguinehearts if you're out there, i wanted to ask if you wouldn't mind providing specifics about your ring- i've been stalking this thread for a year and i love you setting so much that i've decided to have it made in my hometown- if oyu know the size of the melee diamonds, or the measurements of the ring band ( width) or any other details that would be very helpful.

my jeweler seems to be saying he can replicate it but i'm afraid it will be different ( diamond set too low, flush with the halo) or the melee will look too pave ( which i think sometimes looks chintzy).

anyway if you're there and can help i appreciate it and THANK YOU for coming up with such a gorgeous ring for us all to admire! :)

sharonyanddave

Rough_Rock

violetjane|1448032203|3952081 said:
my jeweler seems to be saying he can replicate it but i'm afraid it will be different ( diamond set too low, flush with the halo) or the melee will look too pave ( which i think sometimes looks chintzy).

Victor is a master at Pave work so that the metal beads are very small and overall the diamonds are set very close to one another. Very few jewelers can replicate such painstaking hand craftmanship in two sided pave. It is difficult if not impossible to do such fine work using the CAD/CAST method. If you really want two sided pave and to have the same minimal metal look as this ring you will have to go with Victor or SK or LM and pay the premium.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I was wrong. I thought you were talking about the singlestone halo.

Depends on how picky you are. If you have seen VC's work IRL, you will see that it is extremely delicate, precise and fine. You can see it from your naked eye. The angle of the halo is tilted just exactly right to make the whole ring pleasing to the eye, while emphasizing the center stone, while not allowing it to protrude awkwardly. There is extremely little metal showing anywhere. The lines if the whole ring are sleek and smooth. If you want that level of precision, I would suggest going directly with him and not try to replicate it through your local jeweler. I had looked at tons of halos before VC and never found one that I liked. There always something not quite right, and sometimes I could pinpoint it and sometimes I could not. When I looked at VC's halo, I could see it was perfectly executed. I just decided I wanted a solitaire type setting for my MRB.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. If you aren't that picky, then maybe you can go for it. Have you compared the pricing? A double halo in platinum in this style will not be cheap anywhere. Wouldn't it be smarter to pay an extra $2-3k to get exactly what you want rather than risk getting something that isn't? But again, that totally depends on how much it matters to you to get something that is exactly like Victor's work. If you are suing this as an inspiration and you are fine with close enough and don't care that much about the details, then maybe go with your local jeweler.

lwiern1

Rough_Rock

twosanguinehearts|1360043663|3372560 said:
So here's the deal. Part of me is slightly embarrassed to be revealing yet another setting in this forum. That said, who am I kidding - there is no WAY I would be able to resist sharing my new dream setting with all of you who have supported me so much throughout this crazy reset journey! :lol:

I'll spare you the back story - you can read the update in my last thread - but I finally listened to my gut, and I am now the extremely ecstatic owner of a cushion Emilya halo with single cut pave by Victor Canera (the setting that I originally wanted).

Let me tell you, this ring is ridiculously gorgeous, and I seriously cannot stop looking at it!!! Victor suggested that I add a row of pave to the profile of the halo, and I couldn't be happier with this decision. The setting is still extremely delicate (which is often forgotten with all of these macro shots that we all love so much), and it just sparkles from every angle. I definitely wanted to go with a pave donut, so I had Victor make a custom spacer as well. The plan is to order a matching pave eternity band as soon as my bank account recovers from the abuse I've put it through lately. :wink2:

A recap on the stone - 2.4ct (8.75mm)/OEC recut/H/SI2. And now...onto the pics. Brace yourself - I went crazy once again! :naughty:

I'll begin with the two pro shots that Victor provided, along with a picture of the box (which is extremely nice, BTW).

I love your ring! Can you tell me what the angle tilt is of the primary halo??? I am getting a similar ring and asked for 20 degrees but not sure if that is too much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results