Vanadium beryl vs emerald

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Yep... :roll:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greens often photograph terribly.

It’s actually a magnificent emerald. Chris Smith, the head gemologist of AGL, wrote how special it was in the accompanying AGL report, when it went up for auction. That’s a bad photo.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
How does the color of the glowy bluish green emeralds/beryl hold up in different light? And in real life Vs pics?
Seems like they might be better value than the greener paraibas.

The bluish Zambian emerald cab was far nicer in real life. The green beryl I posted is pretty true to life. Under the sun it just glows... Love them both but the beryl is far more affordable, and so clean.

Kept my paraibas in the safe (along with all my other CS rings cos hand sanitizers) but if no one else posts a comparison with beryl I can do so when I’ve a good pocket of free time.

I get extremely good sunlight in my part of the world. Think maybe in dimmer natural light maybe the stones won’t look as good?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade, any chance of seeing more of that slightly "wonky?" violetish blue sapphire on the bottom.... hijack over?!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade, any chance of seeing more of that slightly "wonky?" violetish blue sapphire on the bottom.... hijack over?!

I’ll need to take pics. Will post in my thread and tag u when I do ok?

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
629F9F17-8834-45F6-9463-596EAB822F4D.jpeg

EEC07EED-B6EA-40B4-91C9-3034C675F209.jpeg

The bluish Zambian emerald cab was far nicer in real life. The green beryl I posted is pretty true to life. Under the sun it just glows... Love them both but the beryl is far more affordable, and so clean.

Kept my paraibas in the safe (along with all my other CS rings cos hand sanitizers) but if no one else posts a comparison with beryl I can do so when I’ve a good pocket of free time.

I get extremely good sunlight in my part of the world. Think maybe in dimmer natural light maybe the stones won’t look as good?

Thank you. No need to hassle yourself with a photo, what you wrote is helpful enough.
My partner wants a pendant made and really likes the greener paraibas. I'll show them the lighter emeralds/beryl shown here.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. No need to hassle yourself with a photo, what you wrote is helpful enough.
My partner wants a pendant made and really likes the greener paraibas. I'll show them the lighter emeralds/beryl shown here.

There is a premium attached to paraibas for a good reason. When they glow they can take your breath away.

That’s why I periodically feel tempted to reset this into a ring:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love that beryl! The Paraiba glow and color yes it is breathtaking. I also adore emeralds of all shades with the glow and top emeralds as well. I think I see a pattern here.:)))

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
178EDFA0-0B3D-42E0-AED6-C54DDAB19A13.jpeg 780DAB4C-C38C-4020-8886-ECD1D7899877.jpeg

not sure if there’s anything to say - the pic is self explanatory :)

Definitely self explanatory. Gorgeous stones! Thank you for the pic, hopefully others find it useful too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results