shape
carat
color
clarity

Vanadium beryl vs emerald

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe that emerald was born with a hole in the middle?

Going back to my question about cleaning, you mentioned gemstone cloth. Is that the same thing as diamond or jewelry cloth? I noticed that certain cloth feels more silky/fine than others. Does it matter as long as they are called jewelry cloth? Thanks.
To be honest, I use paper towels. I worry about chemicals on those polishing cloths. I just tried to find one that was only for gems, but I couldn’t. I apologize, glad you asked the question. They’re probably safe for diamonds but I would be careful with porous gems. Paper towels aren’t the best, but they do a decent job.

A long time ago, I used a leather chamois, made just for gems, and it was great, but I can’t find one just for gems. I since lost it. It should only be sheepskin, nothing else.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Paper towels...sounds kind of rough

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sacrilege!!! I hate when they drill holes in pearls to hold diamonds as well.

there are a couple of jewelers that do that stone within stone thing a lot....i wonder if it's a way to salvage something that wouldn't be used otherwise? you'd think it would crack though!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Gold ring insider an emerald...:eek2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
More about jewels on various skin tones, the middle section of the article, "The Historic Al Thani Jewels, As Worn By Some of New York City's Leading Women", you will see the ladies with the blings. I thought MAYA SAMUELSSON looked amazing with the emerald drops! :love:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
More pieces from that auction. :love:

Reactions: T L

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
These remind me of @T L 's "ugly" emerald unless they are the best type which could look very bad behind lens. :mrgreen2:

8212032.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These remind me of @T L 's "ugly" emerald unless they are the best type which could look very bad behind lens. :mrgreen2:

8212032.jpg
Too far away, and maybe bad lighting.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Found a profile shot of VB's emerald ring. Delish :cheeky:!

most-recently-spotted-her-finger-when-she-attended.jpg

Hey, somehow THIS setting reminds me so much of hers! A popular way to set gigantic emerald?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I REALLY want to eat Vonn's emerald! :evil: & that setting imo is lovely & not over powering the emerald.

She said that PK gave her an emerald necklace earlier, wish she would show us that too!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is a TDF emerald! Swoon-worthy. :kiss2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only complaint about that ring is that it should have double prongs to enhance and protect such a huge and worthy gemstone.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I wonder what you think of THIS one. GIA Cert. and looks clean but maybe the tone is a bit lighter than ideal? 3K-4K/ct including the setting. 18% bp sucks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results