shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest antique design settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 8:24:03 AM
Author:diamondseeker2006
Widget shared this link, and I think these rings are just magnificent! I''ll post a few, but if you''re interested, please click on the link because there are more there.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.html

wedding ring styles

Those stacking bands are INCREDIBLE...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 3:58:06 PM
Author: lucyloo
Love the diamond studs and matching pendant on their website
Welcome to PS, lucyloo! Yes, that is one of the things I intend to price!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG, you guys! It''s not just a cab...it''s has a STAR! You''ve hurt it''s feelings!
2.gif

(To be fair, though, it''s not a very strong one....the stone''s too clean and transluscent.

Clay...congrats for coming out of lurking!
35.gif
Sorry I didn''t see your post sooner. I think there are several Bay Area jewelers that carry them. The only one I know for sure is the jewelry store on Main St in Tiberon.

Beacon: The workshop is in a funky old building on Market Street...definitely not set up for visitors!

One thing I will say about their work. A lot of the fine details, the chased designs, piercing, millegraining, etc etc. is SO SMALL that a lot of it can be missed with casual viewing. You almost need a loupe to truly appreciate their pieces!

MZ: I got it a Cherrypicked...isn''t it yummy? Here''s a better picture of the star:

widget

0strb52.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is magnificent, Widget!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful work, that's my favorite, well...after Widget's of course

VCfav.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silly me widget, of course it''s a star ruby. I see it plain as day, my bad!!!
30.gif

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 4:09:55 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Thanks for the warm welcome DS! I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Would love to know the price when you find out. Not sure why my first post was red? Seems to be the normal blue now. Still learning my way around here. Which is why I have never posted before. DH had to help with my avatar. .
28.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 5:34:45 PM

Date: 11/5/2006 4:09:55 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome DS! I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Would love to know the price when you find out. Not sure why my first post was red? Seems to be the normal blue now. Still learning my way around here. Which is why I have never posted before. DH had to help with my avatar. .
28.gif
Your ring is gorgeous, lucy! One of my very favorites! I''ll try to get some prices tomorrow and post them here.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, i really did not see the star in the original photo....however, it certainly shows up in the last one! how many carats?

i have not necessarily been a fan of antique settings but these pictures are really giving me ideas!

movie zombie

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 4:22:48 PM
Author: Pricescope
Beautiful work, that''s my favorite, well...after Widget''s of course
this is similar to what I was thinking of for an e/w setting for my stone... except instead of the diamonds the gold swags would meet at a point on the shank... and since my stone is longer, there''d be a longer swag along the length...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 8:23:07 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Yes this way you get to keep everything you just got! You are just going to add to your collection with this site. After all your other jewelry must be up to the same standard/level as your new ering/wband!
11.gif

I know I better wait a while before using this logic on my DH!
That''s true Stone Hunter! I only share one item from my wish list at a time with my husband, because it would be far too scary for him to see the whole list at one time!

(This is totally off topic, but I went to a baby shower this afternoon at a church, and there were some women there with big diamonds! I wasn''t wearing mine since I was in the mode of keeping them new in case I need to sell the band, but it did make me feel better to be in a crowd with others who had nice diamonds since I have been a little self concsious about the size!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what gorgeous pieces. Be still my
emlove.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I spoke with Mr. Van Craeynest tonight. These pieces are truly works of art. I have always wanted an antique design cross, and I asked him if he made those. He said it had been awhile, but that they did and he'd try to dig up some drawings of the designs and send to me. I honestly was not certain I understood him correctly, but it sounded like he said he'd send me a ring setting (without center stone) to look at if I sent it back by registered mail.
23.gif
If this happens, you know you all will see pictures asap! I was just too shocked that he would offer to do that to question him! For those with endless money, it would be so lovely to have jewelry of this quality. Maybe I can manage the cross at least, if I can see a clear enough idea of what it would look like. The sad thing is, the time is coming when this will be a lost art.

Widget, it was awfully funny trying to explain to him that I learned about his company from someone I met online, who has the same first name as me, but I don't even know your last name! Lol! But I told him he set your star ruby! Lol! It was so funny. He had no idea who I was talking about. Oh well!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 8:59:40 PM

Widget...... I told him he set your star ruby! Lol! It was so funny. He had no idea who I was talking about. Oh well!
Well!! That certainly is humbling!! LOL...

Ooooh...I do hope you can get a cross, or something. I think you''re right when you say it''s a dying art...

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2006 9:16:20 PM
Author: widget

Date: 11/7/2006 8:59:40 PM

Widget...... I told him he set your star ruby! Lol! It was so funny. He had no idea who I was talking about. Oh well!
Well!! That certainly is humbling!! LOL...

Ooooh...I do hope you can get a cross, or something. I think you''re right when you say it''s a dying art...

widget
Widget, I don''t think it reflects on you as much as it was weird that I was telling him that a "friend" has recommended his jewelry, but I couldn''t even give your last name! Lol! I am SURE that would have made a difference. It was Larry I spoke with..is there more than one Mr. Van C there?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Yes....there are two. The other is his brother, who I guess is the "business" side of the business. Larry is the artiste..
5.gif

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
$6500
23.gif
. they truly are works of art though. DS, maybe you should also try finding an original antique like I did. The price was a whole lot less and iMO I''ve got a piece of art too
16.gif
. My goodness, I''d love to see some real shots of those settings. they sure do look stunning in the pics...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2006 10:22:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
$6500
23.gif
. they truly are works of art though. DS, maybe you should also try finding an original antique like I did. The price was a whole lot less and iMO I've got a piece of art too
16.gif
. My goodness, I'd love to see some real shots of those settings. they sure do look stunning in the pics...
Well, it may be like a trip to the art museum..I may have to admire the art but not have any to take home for my own! I knew they'd be high, but I was hoping for about half as much.

You did indeed get a piece of art, and I am realizing that antique jewelry may indeed be a way to get the look of antique jewelry! LOL! Gosh, maybe we can travel to CA and get Widget and Art Nouveau to take us shopping. I just might need to win the lottery first!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooohhh this manufacturer is one I fell in love w/when DH and I were looking at erings, the look is so distinctive I recognized it straight away even though I didn't remember the name of the designer!!! One of the local B&M I love in Berkeley carries their line, and it is absolutely stunning in person. The pieces are so delicate, and yet substantial. I distinctly remember the owner telling me how all their pieces are die-struck, and the look is just so different than the average stuff you see today, somehow you are able to get incredible detail...

anyway now you have me drooling

This was one of my favs when we were first ering shopping...

DSCN0360.jpg

widget did we see that cab ring at the colored stone GTG? it is gorgeous!!

you know, I don't recall their settings being that expensive. But it was a while ago now, so maybe I erased the price from my memory!!! haha.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 3:02:29 PM
Author: flopkins

This was one of my favs when we were first ering shopping...

DSCN0360.jpg

Wow! Do you have any more pics???????

BTW, there is a VC ring available on e-bay right now...
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results