shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest antique design settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget shared this link, and I think these rings are just magnificent! I'll post a few, but if you're interested, please click on the link because there are more there.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.html

wedding ring styles

vancraeynest001.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Widget and 'Seeks for posting these - LOVE the pearl and diamond above, one of my fave combos!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can honestly say that I love these designs more than anything I have seen thus far. I think maybe I should have had Widget take me shopping! Now I have a very big problem.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 8:39:29 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I can honestly say that I love these designs more than anything I have seen thus far. I think maybe I should have had Widget take me shopping! Now I have a very big problem.
I wish I could go to if you are hitting the shops for things like those!
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Later today I am going to post my grandmother''s rings which are apparently from this time period. I just haven''t seen anything like these anywhere. It''s a good thing I didn''t have my diamond reset yet. But I am going to have a big dilemma about my Memoire band. And I also wonder if a 1.6 diamond is too big for these settings. Of course, maybe they will be too expensive.
23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
J, I really like those designs. Do anyone in CLT carry them?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 9:12:02 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
J, I really like those designs. Do anyone in CLT carry them?
I don''t know, but I''ll call them tomorrow. I might have to pay for them to send me a coupld of the bands to at least try on. They even have diamond stud settings that are beautiful. I just need to call and ask a lot of questions!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 9:00:52 AM
Later today I am going to post my grandmother''s rings which are apparently from this time period. I just haven''t seen anything like these anywhere. It''s a good thing I didn''t have my diamond reset yet. But I am going to have a big dilemma about my Memoire band. And I also wonder if a 1.6 diamond is too big for these settings. Of course, maybe they will be too expensive.
23.gif
You can always wear it as a right hand ring!!!
11.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 9:59:39 AM

...I''ll call them tomorrow. I might have to pay for them to send me a coupld of the bands to at least try on. !
Hmm, DS, I don''t know how much luck you''ll have. They really are wholesalers, and will probably refer you to a dealer. The ONLY reason they did my ring for me directly was because I happened to contact them early before the office people had arrived and I got Mr. VC himself. I gathered he got some flak from his people for having accepted the job in the first place.

You might try similar, devious, early-call tactics...
11.gif

Here''re some pics of the ring they did for me. It''s built like a mack truck...those stones aren''t going anywhere...yet the detailing is so fine and delicate, I didn''t even realize there was millegraining until I saw it in closeup photographs! LOL

widget

Unwrbypicchd-01.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Widget, that is really beautifully done! Thanks for sharing more pictures! Are there any other ring makers I should know about before I get into deep trouble???

It says on their site that they will work with you directly if there is no dealer in your area, so I expect that will be the case for me.

I have one more question for you. Do you think it is a mistake to put a modern cut diamond in these settings?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 10:17:42 AM
Author: Sundial

Date: 11/5/2006 9:00:52 AM
23.gif
You can always wear it as a right hand ring!!!
11.gif
or go for a very eclectic look!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMIE! I've seen some VanCraeysnest pieces in person and they are SO UNIQUE and SUBSTANTIAL & look like they dropped out of a time machine!

There was one carved looking platinum band that I really wanted as my wedding band but it was quite over our budget! ***

I will say that our local jeweler (boutique, wealthy neighboring town) RAVED about their historic quality & old time craftsmanship ... & showed us different options for motifs on the bands ... I guess they do do customization etc.

Don't expect them to be very web-savvy though ... or even customer-oriented ... I get the feeling it's a small old-school biz used to dealing with upscale jewelers who already appreciate their stuff. But that's just a guess/vibe.

Oh and the prices ... I think it's totally WORTH it ... you pay for the uniqueness & the heirloom-lasting quality ... WE just couldn't make that $$ committment with all our other wedding stuff going on at the the same time. I WOULD if we COULD have. We just COULDN'T.
1.gif

***(for reference) if I recall it was an approx 2mm carved florally platinum band with maybe a few diamond chippies .. and it was over $2500. It looked silly alone on my size 10 1/2 fingers because it was so delicate ... so we opted for something with a little more punch solo & less wallet punch so to speak.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, Deco. It''s good to hear from someone else who has seen them! That is pricey, though. I might have to do 18k instead of platinum, but we''ll see. I was thinking about the heirloom aspect and that I want some beautiful pieces of jewelry to leave my girls, not just beautiful diamonds. But I am not sure whether it is okay to set modern cut diamonds in these settings or not.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 1:23:37 PM
Author: decodelighted

Don''t expect them to be very web-savvy though ... or even customer-oriented ... I get the feeling it''s a small old-school biz used to dealing with upscale jewelers who already appreciate their stuff. But that''s just a guess/vibe.
You''re exactly right, Deco! Spot on! When I was in their workshop, I felt like I was the first real live "consumer" they''d seen in years! LOL

DS: I sure wouldn''t hesitate putting a modern cut stone in one of their pieces! And for this kind of authentic antique repro, using old world manufacturing techniques, VC told me there are very few left in the world who do it....most notably Buccelatti in Italy.

They are expensive, though. For any future setting needs I have, I''ll stick with LM and keep it simple!

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Widget! It figures I''d choose the highest priced settings to love! It''s a little scary to think of Leon as being a bargain! I guess maybe I should have considered having him set my diamond, but there is so much comfort in seeing a finished product of exactly what you''re ordering!!!

But I am really glad you think modern diamonds are okay to set in these settings. Even if I can''t get everything I want from VC, maybe I can get something!

clayp

Rough_Rock
Widget,

I think you are from the bay area (I have been lurking for a long time, I saw somthing about a get togeather in the bay and I think you were there), I work in SJ and live in the east bay, and i love these rings. Did van craeynst tell you of any stores in the the area where you could see these rings. Did you get to try some on before they made your ring??? I want to go out today and see some, this style might be exactly what I am looking for. I would love to see some of their rings IRL before I bother them by calling, but I do want to get the best deal.

Can you tell me who to ask for at VC????

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Clay

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, where did you get the ruby cab?! love it!

movie zombie

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss out on this? Widget - love it! What a stunning ring. Where are these jewelers located? I realize you got lucky to see their workshop, but where are they?

Really unique and beautiful piece - it''s stunning!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 8:36:15 AM
This pearl and diamond pendant is to die for. Widget, your cab ruby ring is scumptious!!!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2006 3:08:22 PM
Author: Beacon
How did I miss out on this? Widget - love it! What a stunning ring. Where are these jewelers located? I realize you got lucky to see their workshop, but where are they?

Really unique and beautiful piece - it''s stunning!!
Beacon, they are in San Francisco, but they are not retail. You''d have to call and ask for dealers in your area. The site said if there are no dealers in your area, they will work with you by phone. Link is in my first post above.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, they are beautiful! I especially like the stackable rings. Thanks for posting this.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Love the diamond studs and matching pendant on their website

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results