shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 10:41:22 AM
Author: Nicrez
Harriet, that is awful!
38.gif
truly, what a shame that trust and honor are such a rarity!

That''s why I got a small safe and had it installed in a inconspicuous spot. It''s for the little details of expense you don''t want to keep in the safety deposit box. Shame that you would have to do that. It''s one thing to have insurance, it''s another thing to have a piece made by your great uncle and never have that bit of family history again...
39.gif
I am feeling
39.gif
for you.

DF hit my jewellery in various places around the apartment. Maybe he just forgot where he hid my studs?
33.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 2:36:33 AM
Author: diamondfan
I have have seen them in onxy too, and turquoise and coral too. They are sort of the of the moment item, Reese Witherspoon and Paris Hilton wear the long one with multiple flowers. I do not like the earrings worn with the necklace together, it is too much. One at a time is enough. I have also seen them copied many times too, nice copies. Mostly yellow gold, but some white gold as well.
turquoise ones sound beautiful. Your pics came out great Harriet!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Improvement, right?

twigski

Rough_Rock
Newbie here! I''m glad to find ladies who share my lust for VCA. I have been in
30.gif
with the vintage alhambra collection since I first saw it featured about 10 years ago in a Japanese fashion magazine. I had the single motif onyx & yellow gold pendant (no longer though). I currently have the MOP ring w/diamond in the center. I''m really wanting the MOP necklace but it''s so $$$$$!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:33:43 PM
Author: Harriet
Improvement, right?
yes, how did you do it? Someone take a pic for you or did you take it! Great job
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
where are the pics?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 1:34:53 AM
Author: twigski
Newbie here! I''m glad to find ladies who share my lust for VCA. I have been in
30.gif
with the vintage alhambra collection since I first saw it featured about 10 years ago in a Japanese fashion magazine. I had the single motif onyx & yellow gold pendant (no longer though). I currently have the MOP ring w/diamond in the center. I''m really wanting the MOP necklace but it''s so $$$$$!
There''s a mop ring?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:15:18 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 6/26/2007 9:33:43 PM
Improvement, right?
yes, how did you do it? Someone take a pic for you or did you take it! Great job
9.gif
Zoom. Clever little me?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Page 2 -- I''m Mariah Carey. Not. Page 1.

twigski

Rough_Rock
Harriet~
Yes, the ring is simple yet beautiful! I always get compliments on it, even by people who have no idea what VCA is.It''s basically like the single motif necklace but with a little diamond in the center. The bands differ depending on the year it was purchased. I will try to post a picture of it later.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got two of the necklaces, 32 inch, mother of pearl and onyx. I actually got amazing copies, my friend who owns one thought they were real. They were not cheap, they are made in Italy and are 18 karat. I also got the single motif on the chain and plan to wear them in groupings. She also has the bracelet (I might get one of each, m.o.p. and onyx) and the drop earrings that are a small motif on the lobe with chain and a larger motif hanging. I also love the turq. and think a short one would be fine. Generally I am not into copies but these are really amazing ones, I have already gotten tons of compliments on them.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 11:12:44 PM
I got two of the necklaces, 32 inch, mother of pearl and onyx. I actually got amazing copies, my friend who owns one thought they were real. They were not cheap, they are made in Italy and are 18 karat. I also got the single motif on the chain and plan to wear them in groupings. She also has the bracelet (I might get one of each, m.o.p. and onyx) and the drop earrings that are a small motif on the lobe with chain and a larger motif hanging. I also love the turq. and think a short one would be fine. Generally I am not into copies but these are really amazing ones, I have already gotten tons of compliments on them.
diamondfan, your copies sound amazing! Do you have pictures? I''ve found myself lusting over the long black onyx necklace lately. Where did you find them? And, if you dont mind, how much were they?

Also, I''ve been searching online for general pricing of the Alhambra collection, but have not returned any results and there isn''t a VCF in close proximity. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
mayflower

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 11:00:38 PM
Harriet~
Yes, the ring is simple yet beautiful! I always get compliments on it, even by people who have no idea what VCA is.It''s basically like the single motif necklace but with a little diamond in the center. The bands differ depending on the year it was purchased. I will try to post a picture of it later.
Guess where I''m headed later?
27.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can try to take some photos when I get back. The long ones were 2500.00 each. The short one, the single motif and the earrings I am not sure. These are not exact copies since they cannot be, but are so well made. I figure these will be fine til I can get to NY and see the real ones. I got them from a store near me where I get a lot of things.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
As always, DF you are my idol. I want those two exactly MOP and Onyx...
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the shorter one in turq yesterday, love it!!! So far I have gotten lots of compliments on it. I think they are very well made.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 11:00:38 PM
Harriet~
Twigski,
I tried the ring on today and it''s perfect. My little brain is now whirring away.

twigski

Rough_Rock
Harriet~
You have to get it
31.gif
!!! The ring it really comfy on. SO might get me the 10 motif MOP necklace for my B-day. He''s letting me pick my gift & I''m really torn if should get that or something else. Please let me know if you get the ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky you! What's an alternative to the necklace? The bracelet's gorgeous too.

I'm officially on a jewellery ban, but I'm concocting a way to get around it.
27.gif
Also, the store only has 1 in right now, and there's not much shimmer to it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2007 9:14:34 AM
I can try to take some photos when I get back. The long ones were 2500.00 each. The short one, the single motif and the earrings I am not sure. These are not exact copies since they cannot be, but are so well made. I figure these will be fine til I can get to NY and see the real ones. I got them from a store near me where I get a lot of things.
HI:

I'd love to see these! Have you ever posted where you buy the--Is there a website we can peruse? I am quite interested....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2007 5:30:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I got the shorter one in turq yesterday, love it!!! So far I have gotten lots of compliments on it. I think they are very well made.
HI:

I am a big fan of turquoise--love to see this one too!

cheers--Sharon

twigski

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 8:36:46 AM
Lucky you! What''s an alternative to the necklace? The bracelet''s gorgeous too.

I''m officially on a jewellery ban, but I''m concocting a way to get around it.
27.gif
Also, the store only has 1 in right now, and there''s not much shimmer to it.
Alternatives to the VCA necklace are: antique platinum diamond watch, antique art deco style earrings, or simple diamond pendant from Tiffany''s (something sm & dainty). The bracelet is beautiful too!!! I actually went into VCA several months ago to check out the 1 motif earrings but was not that impressed. Eventhough I''m not paying for it
31.gif
the things that makes me have second thoughts are the recent price hike + tax. I usually can get my VCA jewelry & chanel bags at the duty free boutiques when I travel which means no tax plus I have a VIP membership card which gives me 10% off! But I won''t be headed that way until the end of the year!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 5:30:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh

oooooh, I love turquiose color! I bet it is so lovely
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 3:55:46 PM
Alternatives to the VCA necklace are: antique platinum diamond watch, antique art deco style earrings, or simple diamond pendant from Tiffany''s (something sm & dainty). The bracelet is beautiful too!!! I actually went into VCA several months ago to check out the 1 motif earrings but was not that impressed. Eventhough I''m not paying for it
31.gif
the things that makes me have second thoughts are the recent price hike + tax. I usually can get my VCA jewelry & chanel bags at the duty free boutiques when I travel which means no tax plus I have a VIP membership card which gives me 10% off! But I won''t be headed that way until the end of the year!
Which duty free boutiques? What card?!!!!!!!!

twigski

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 9:34:54 PM

Date: 6/29/2007 3:55:46 PM
31.gif
Which duty free boutiques? What card?!!!!!!!!
The DFS ran by the Lotte group in S. Korea. They own hotels, department stores (which is comparable to Neimans or Saks.) Their duty free shops are to die for!!! The one at the airport does not give the discounts. Only the locations at their hotels or department stores do. Each boutique is ran independently by the brand eg chanel, hermes lv, bvlgari, celine etc. Chanel, hermes, lv does not apply to the 10% but VCA is one of the brands that qualifys. IIRC cartier is like 2-3% off. You just have to purchase $2500 a year to qualify for the vip card & additional dc.(it''s easy to spend that much since I''m purchasing stuff for my mom & sis.) I usually travel there once a year or so. So if I calculate the dc in price plus no tax you can understand why I''m hesitant to have him buy it for me here. We are planning to travel there at the end of the year so I might just hold off on a VCA purchase.

twigski

Rough_Rock
This is my VCA MOP ring
OK.... I don't know how to post a pic yet
33.gif
so I hope the attachment works .

VCA MOP ring.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It worked. Thanks! Darn, I''m not headed to Korea anytime soon.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, did you get yours from our favorite little place? I am getting the short turq, they advised me against getting the long one, so they have ordered the short one for me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 9:07:29 PM
Kaleigh, did you get yours from our favorite little place? I am getting the short turq, they advised me against getting the long one, so they have ordered the short one for me.
Of course!! I went to check about my bangle... Still not in. I have been wearing the necklace non stop, and the compliments I have gotten on it are crazy, everyone wants to know where I got it. I also bought a cute pair of Roberto Coin hoops at Bloomies to go with it. Total score there, for only $150, small high polish, but look great!! My yellow gold earrigs have all gone to Ash, so am lacking in that department.
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bunch of hoops, the woven silk, but asked her to get me some milgrained ones, because I think they would look great with it. I definitely want the short turquoise, not so into the coral or tiger eye. But do you agree they are awesome copies, and not inexpensive? I have sent a handful of people there and they are buying them. My friend was amazed at how well made they were, we compared it to hers. I also love the one style of earring and the bracelets, and am just waiting for her next order to come in. I am so glad you got it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results