shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 9:36:40 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have a bunch of hoops, the woven silk, but asked her to get me some milgrained ones, because I think they would look great with it. I definitely want the short turquoise, not so into the coral or tiger eye. But do you agree they are awesome copies, and not inexpensive? I have sent a handful of people there and they are buying them. My friend was amazed at how well made they were, we compared it to hers. I also love the one style of earring and the bracelets, and am just waiting for her next order to come in. I am so glad you got it!
Not inexpensive at all!! Most people think it''s the real deal, even at high end stores. The Turq is exceptional IMHO. I also love how it lays on my neck. Quite substantial if ya ask me. Ashley already is dying to borrow it when she gets back from London. She said she has seen copies in Nantucket, but doubt they are as well made as our''s are.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you get the one that is with white gold and the clovers are a bit more puffy?

Hers are from Italy and are extremely well made. The long turq retailed even higher than 2500.00, but they thought I should get short since I have two long ones. I agree, and will happily get it since it is my birthstone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the yellow gold, it was the same as the WG. Held them up side by side.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was it with the flat clovers and milgrained edges? There is also one where the clovers are more dimensional and the edges are smooth. I got the one with the milgraining...and I love them, the onxy will be great in the fall!

I bet Ash would love to borrow them!!! She is lucky to have such a nice mom
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, the place I shop a lot and get a lot of my things from is just a local jewelry store. I took Kaleigh in there too. The owner is neat and has a really great eye for things, and I buy a lot of my non name brand stuff there. (I also get name stuff from her too, I got my white Chanel ceramic watch from her). But her forte is the great stuff that you do not find every where else. She has wonderful things and seems to be on the cutting edge a lot of the time, knows what will be huge from going to the shows and gets stuff in that flies out the door. She also buys a lot of vintage stuff.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, did not mean to not answer you...

Basically I was out with a friend for breakfast in my neighborhood and we happened upon my cleaning girl in the same place with my Chanel bag. She left it under the table and left and hoped I would leave so she could retrieve it and the bus boy gave it to me thinking she left it by accident, he saw us chatting and thought we were friends...I called the police, she was outside lurking around, they got her and she confessed that it was mine but said it was taken by another girl of hers who came to clean with her in my home. I dumped her stuff in a shopping bag and took back my purse. She stole probably around 10,000.00 worth of stuff from me, including a gorgeous shearling coat, a Jimmy Choo satin evening bag, my video camera, a couple pairs of Chanel and Oliver Peoples sunglasses, tons of new Chanel make up and some Manolo Blahnik high boots. I am sure she sold or traded most of it, my stuff looked brand new and some of it was never used like the make up. The officer asked if I wanted to press charges, but she had a little girl and I just wanted her out of my house. She actually called and wanted her job back, and told me she would never do it again!!!!! It would almost be funny if it did not happen to me!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,
That''s very compassionate of you.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I just wanted her not to come back, and honestly did not know if she would come to my home and cause issues. She knew where my little one went to school and she knew my routine, and I just did not want trouble. I also figured my other stuff was long gone, and I just was upset because I knew in my heart it had to be her, but she would convince me it was not and I felt bad for her situation. In the end, my friend who was with me was stunned, she would not have believed it if she had not seen it with her own eyes. I have friends who have seen her in the area still, but I am done and I am glad.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you! Btw, my housekeeper is strongly hinting that she wants my hand-me-down shoes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I used to give mine tons, including many Gucci shoes that were new that did not fit after my third child. I think she saw all my stuff, the packages, the closet full of stuff, she would see my boxes in the trash...and I think she just got greedy. Figured I had three of those Chanel bags so why shouldn''t she have one? Just helped herself to my stuff when I was out. Who knows what else she got a hold of.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t mind giving stuff away. But, all my stuff is fairly new and I don''t care for the asking.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I have had help for a long time, and grew up with help and had periodic issues with theft, though overall I have been lucky. However, the only thing I can say is that it would make me uncomfortable to have someone hint that and be noticing and aware of my stuff. This was the root of my issues with my housekeeper. Certainly if I chose to give stuff away that is my choice (a sticky thing though, because you do not want to insult, though one''s person''s giveaways are someone else''s treasures!)...I would rather it be my choice than feel someone is looking at my things in that manner...just mho after all these years.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 9:42:36 PM
Harriet, I have had help for a long time, and grew up with help and had periodic issues with theft, though overall I have been lucky. However, the only thing I can say is that it would make me uncomfortable to have someone hint that and be noticing and aware of my stuff. This was the root of my issues with my housekeeper. Certainly if I chose to give stuff away that is my choice (a sticky thing though, because you do not want to insult, though one''s person''s giveaways are someone else''s treasures!)...I would rather it be my choice than feel someone is looking at my things in that manner...just mho after all these years.
Caroline,
I too grew up with help, but have only just begun managing my own. I''d rather not go running to Mummy for advice.
2.gif
Is there anything you''d suggest saying to my housekeeper?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might say that if I do indeed ever clean my closet I will keep her in mind and leave it at that. But truthfully, it would bother me to know someone is looking at my things and ear marking what they would like me to give them. I prefer someone who really pays no attention to fashion etc. The lady who stole from me would see a new purse on me and comment, I love that Chanel bag or if I came in with bags she would want to see what I got, and maybe that should have been a clue to me that she was paying too much attention to those things. She knew what I bought and when, and was definitely noticing it too much.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 8:56:01 AM
I might say that if I do indeed ever clean my closet I will keep her in mind and leave it at that. But truthfully, it would bother me to know someone is looking at my things and ear marking what they would like me to give them. I prefer someone who really pays no attention to fashion etc. The lady who stole from me would see a new purse on me and comment, I love that Chanel bag or if I came in with bags she would want to see what I got, and maybe that should have been a clue to me that she was paying too much attention to those things. She knew what I bought and when, and was definitely noticing it too much.
This lady definitely pays attention to fashion. She told me what she said to another employer: "In all your years of giving me shoes, you''ve never given me Manolos."

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No offense. but I think I would be looking for a new housekeeper. There is no way I would like to think she is keeping score about my things that way. I have lived with too much stealing and it is such a violation, such a bad feeling, I would nip in the bud any sense I got that someone was peering longingly in my closet.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''re right.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think sometimes these choices are tough but it does not sound like a good place to be coming from!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 10:31:42 AM
I think sometimes these choices are tough but it does not sound like a good place to be coming from!
Unfortunately.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, did you ever get a new housekeeper?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been too busy and haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for checking in.

peggy

Rough_Rock
hi, i''m new. i picked you because you seem so informed. My friend has the mother of pearl and the onyx 32 in necklaces, with 14 and 16 clovers respectively. The mother of pearl has smooth gold setting and the onyx has "the other look", much like the pictures on this thread. She is getting divorced and wants to price her necklaces. How much do you think they are worth? Thank you so much..

vancleef queen

Rough_Rock
ladies, can you tell me where that local store is that you have bought the alhambra necklaces? is there a name and a city? i would love to order them. do they have the earings too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results