shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:04:23 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
no comment, our plans fell through because certain relatives figure why would we have plans? we are ALWAYS available to babysit (And for free)..not a very happy camper right now.
7.gif

??? and you agreed to it? why???
23.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 9:46:44 AM
Author: onvacation
Date: 1/28/2010 12:04:23 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

no comment, our plans fell through because certain relatives figure why would we have plans? we are ALWAYS available to babysit (And for free)..not a very happy camper right now.
7.gif

??? and you agreed to it? why???
23.gif

Plans are back in place, my mom flew into denver to surprise us all today so she''ll be watching the grandson while we all have our original plans
36.gif

I have a hard time saying no, that''s why I didn''t...something I certainly need to work on...

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 7:22:27 AM
Author: megumic
We''re going out to breakfast to our favorite place! Since it''s a Sunday, and we''re broke (translation - saving for the wedding) we decided this was a good way to celebrate
30.gif
This is a great idea! We have a breakfast rest. a block away from us; maybe we''ll do that!

Thanks!
35.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I hate crowds, and the last time we went out for a nice dinner on V-day, we had to wait 45 minutes for a table in a super-crowded restaurant (this is with a reservation...).

So we''re going to celebrate it this weekend! We''re going to see the musical Rent in the afternoon, then going out for a nice dinner afterwards. I haven''t been to the theater in years, and this is the first musical DH is going to see, so it''s going to be fun and probably way less crowded.
5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably nothing in aprticular, we don''t really celebrate valentine''s day.
However, it''s also chinese new year''s that day, so maybe a trip to china town to see the celebration and get some dumplings :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 2:58:15 PM
Author: Aloros
I hate crowds, and the last time we went out for a nice dinner on V-day, we had to wait 45 minutes for a table in a super-crowded restaurant (this is with a reservation...).

So we''re going to celebrate it this weekend! We''re going to see the musical Rent in the afternoon, then going out for a nice dinner afterwards. I haven''t been to the theater in years, and this is the first musical DH is going to see, so it''s going to be fun and probably way less crowded.
5.gif

I am so jealous, RENT is out FAVORITE musical!!! Last time I saw it was about 2 years ago, booo! But I do have the performance on video which I watch a lot...and sing along to lol

Apparently people at musicals don''t like it when you sing along either haha, so pass the word along!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I think this year we will stay in and I will cook something special.
I find that going out to dinner on V-day is usually annoying, crowed, and nto so great service so I would rather just do it myself!

I am such an old lady!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 2:32:12 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Date: 2/5/2010 7:22:27 AM

Author: megumic

We''re going out to breakfast to our favorite place! Since it''s a Sunday, and we''re broke (translation - saving for the wedding) we decided this was a good way to celebrate
30.gif

This is a great idea! We have a breakfast rest. a block away from us; maybe we''ll do that!

Thanks!
35.gif

Oooh, I like this idea as well. Denver has a lot of great breakfast options. I see some mimosas in my future
18.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
We''ll probably have a nice dinner at home...our real Valentine''s gift will be our trip to San Francisco at the end of the month!
21.gif
I can wait a couple of weeks!
2.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Friday:
- Going to see Valentine's Day the movie

Saturday:
- Prenatal Fitness class
- Getting to see our baby at our 3D/4d Ultrasound (This is our V-day present to eachother
30.gif
)
- Child birth class
32.gif
(This one wasn't planned so well... lol)

Sunday:
- Who knows? DH will probably want to watch the Daytona 500 somewhere. He usually watches it with his dad at a hole-in-the-wall bad and comes home intoxicated.
41.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t really do much beyond a card, which is always fine with me. Last year DH surprised me and took me out to dinner (though it was the day after Valentine''s Day). I''m more excited for the 19th, because DH and I are going to Miami/the Keys for a nice romantic long weekend!
21.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
We don''t celebrate it...not even cards! The day just doesn''t really mean anything to us. Even if we had the choice, we couldn''t - both of us are working during the weekend (me on Saturday and him on Sunday). I''m celebrating the lunar new year on Sunday instead!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
celebrating our ''one year engagement anniversary''
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got him a card. He bought me a card and I believe a CD. I stumbled across it the other day, but it may not be for v-day.

We''re going out to eat, low key, on Friday night. We go out every couple of weeks anyhow so it''s not v-day specific, but we are avoiding Saturday night just in case.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The other day DH said he wanted to do something really special for V Day and that maybe I could get a second bunny! Just as I started to get excited he told me that we couldn''t get one
7.gif
Boo! You can''t tease a girl about stuff like that!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Our first valentine''s day together, he made dinner reservations for the fanciest restaurant in town and planned to treat me to a romantic evening (walk by the river, yada yada). Then, I discovered I had an EXAM that night for one of my graduate courses... ugh! We haven''t done anything special since, but usually we try to have a quiet evening at home with a nice steak dinner. That reminds me - I have to go buy steak!
9.gif

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
DH and I are on opposite schedules right now, and he has to work all day Sunday, so we celebrated it on Monday night- he took me to a nice dinner at Blue Fin, and to see Kathleen Battle sing a recital at Carnegie Hall! It was such a great surprise- I have loved and idolized her since high school. On Sunday, I am going to make us a nice dinner, and we''ll eat it when he gets home, around 11pm!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in work all day so I think we''re just going to get takeaway and have some wine when I get home. Nothing too exciting.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valentines day came early in my house. Last night we did dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (not my fist choice for a romantic meal but all I seem to want these days!) and then he took me shopping at Nordstroms. I got a new pair of Dansko clogs (black patent leather) and a B. Makowsky handbag.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It''s actually our 3 year dating anni (cheesetastic!) so we''re going to the restaurant that started it all
30.gif
3.gif
then to a comedy show. Should be fun!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 3:28:39 PM
Author: sunnyd
It''s actually our 3 year dating anni (cheesetastic!) so we''re going to the restaurant that started it all
30.gif
3.gif
then to a comedy show. Should be fun!

Yay! We started dating 3 yrs ago, too! Well, actually on the 15th. We had just met on the 10th in 2007, so he asked me to a movie, but I said id rather go on the 15th...I didn''t think our first date should be valentines day. I later brought this to his attention, and he claims he had no idea, valentines didn''t even cross his mind.

My sweetie sent me flowers at work! Gorgeous stargazer lilies! I''m shocked, we said we weren''t doing anything special for valentines day since my birthday is in 2 weeks, and he has something planned!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 3:40:42 PM
Author: charbie
My sweetie sent me flowers at work! Gorgeous stargazer lilies! I''m shocked, we said we weren''t doing anything special for valentines day since my birthday is in 2 weeks, and he has something planned!
My bday is about a week and a half after V Day, so we''re the same way! DH gets out of doing anything for V Day because we just lump it into my birthday. (though I''m not going to claim he has anything planned for my bday other than dinner
3.gif
)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t usually celebrate Valentine''s Day. We do exchange letters with each other, which I love, but that''s normally it. I was planning on cooking a nice meal . . .

However, DH just asked me today which of our three favorite restaurants I''d like to go to, as he booked reservations at all three places. I thought it was super sweet, and I''m really looking forward to it. We haven''t spent as much time in the city as we''d like since we''ve been married, so it will be fun to go to one of our favorite old haunts. I picked the place with my favorite dish--lobster ravioli. Can''t wait!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, I have a great hubby!

He just packed the kids up to my in-laws and said we have plans with friends tonight!

I need to get started on that red velvet cake, ASAP!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DH bought me VDay flowers last night
1.gif
This is only the second time he has ever purchased flowers for me, so that makes it kind of special. And they were tulips, my favorite
5.gif

He might just be afraid because my MOH told him if he didn''t buy me flowers once a year she would fly out her and smack him
9.gif

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
my husband and i have made it a tradition that we go to dinner at Top of the World restraunt in the Stratosphere Hotel (Las Vegas NV). the restraunt is at the very top and rotates around the whole city. views are breathtaking the food is amazing and its jst super romantic.

060318-012_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results