shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leni

Rough_Rock
Happy sunday yall.

What are your plans for lovers day?

I''ll start first, im thinking dinner at home or dinner cruise in nyc.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Please share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what we''re going to do. DH asked if there was anything in particular that I might like and I said a massage or facial. We''ll probably go out to dinner at our favorite restaurant and he usually sends flowers to my office as well.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we''re keeping it low key, ordering Thai and making homemade butterscotch ice cream.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
We''re low key as well, normally just do cards and no presents or anything. Although I always secretly hope DH gets me something little
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We probably won''t do much. My husband will probably make me a tasty dinner and I''ll probably get him a card.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
somehow we always manage to be on opposite sides of the world for Valentine''s Day. this year I''ll be in the States and he''ll be at home in Holland. anyway, even if we''d be home together we wouldn''t plan anything, as every day of the year I am together with DH is special. aw..........

leni - the dinner cruise sounds nice, as long as it isn''t cold in Feb.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like to do anything for Valentine''s Day for the usual, obvious reasons b/c I''m just such a stick-in-the-mud
3.gif
. We usually do exchange hand-written letters or cards, but that''s about it.

This year it happens to fall on a long weekend and we''re hoping to go away to a lodge and do some winter activities (skiing, snowshoeing etc). So I suppose inadvertently we''ll be celebrating.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We don''t celebrate V-Day, so it''ll probably be just like any other day!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We''ll probably go out to dinner the night before Valentine''s Day. In NY the restaurants tend to do overpriced prix-fixe dinners for Valentine''s Day (as they do for NYE), and it just seems silly! But we do so love to go out to eat... If DH didn''t have to work most weekends we might have gone away for a romantic weekend, since it''s also President''s Day that Monday.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We dont celebrate Vday, so just business as usual. Our anniversary is "lovers" day.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
We don''t go all-out, but I usually make a dinner that''s a little nicer than usual. I will probably do the same this year, just have to figure out the menu!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is taking me out to a nice dinner. We always exchange cards and presents. I
30.gif
Valentine''s Day!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH and I usually go to the same restaurant, but it''s closed on Sundays...so I''m not sure what we''ll do.

I think we''re just spending the whole weekend to ourselves. Might go to a city nearby for different shopping/restaurants, might not. But we typically try to make V-day a little more special than a normal day.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we''re just gonna do dinner and a movie :) Which we haven''t been able to do for awhile so I''m really excited :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I told DH all I want for Valentine''s Day is cheesecake, let''s see if he can deliver!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am making him and the kids dinner (''cause he usually cooks 80% of the time) and I will bake a red velvet cake.

Other than that, we aren''t doing much of anything. We recently decided to go ahead with our April trip to Vegas, but we are still trying to save as much as we can wherever we can.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We are going out to dinner with a group of friends the Friday of V-Day. They are both couples, so maybe that counts.

Otherwise, we will do nothing special, as always. We have never celebrated it.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i posted a message. it got an error.

we are keeping it classy and going to the horse racing track with all the other hillbillies in south/central ohio. buy 1, get 1 free buffet! how romantic!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t really do much either, so I think it will be just like any other night.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
no comment, our plans fell through because certain relatives figure why would we have plans? we are ALWAYS available to babysit (And for free)..not a very happy camper right now.
7.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ll still be hugely pregnant, so probably just dinner someplace nice, and maybe a movie. I might ask for a gemmy - I haven''t gotten a trip to the gem shop in awhile!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We''ll be on day 2 of our cruise to Mexico. Yeah!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
He was going to surprise me and take me to Medieval Times, but he gave me too many clues (said it was non-traditional and near Baltimore) and I guessed it right away! He was laughing because it's hard to surprise me! I'm thrilled, I've been wanting to go for almost 6 years now!
36.gif
He's so thoughtful!

I'm taking him for a 3 hour couples massage workshop, where we will learn how to give each other massages and get to practice. He's been wanting to do a class like that for a while
21.gif

Other than that, we'll probably just chase each other around the house
2.gif

ETA:
link to Medieval Times V-day promotion page...

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Nothing too terribly special. After the holidays, there''s vday, birthdays and our anniversary, so we''re taking it a little easy for vday this year. I''m thinking a nice fondue dinner and some wine and some good movies maybe with a fire in the fireplace. Easy, inexpensive and intimate. Good enough for me.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Valentine''s falls on the first day of Chinese New Year this year so I guess for a lot of Chinese in Asia, it''ll be spent with the extended family. This is what typically happens during CNY and is what we''ll be doing as well.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to this great restaurant he took me to once when we were dating and I have been dying to go back. I''m excited!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to brag a little, because I''m so excited
emsmile.gif
DH is bringing me to the Inn at Little Washington near Washington DC. It''s pretty fancy and I''ve always wanted to go there, but I didn''t even know that it was on his radar until he mentioned that he got us a reservation, so I can''t wait!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably nothing. We don''t celebrate it (one year he bought me a silk throw pillow, I think last year he contributed towards a gemstone for me) and all I''ve asked for is a sentimental card/love letter. I imagine I''ll cook or something.
3.gif

I prefer to celebrate Cinco de Mayo (our dating anniversary)!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t really celebrate V-Day either. My hubs is a chef so he is always working on Valentine''s Day. I told him just to get me a card and some soy ice cream and that will make me happy
1.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going out to breakfast to our favorite place! Since it''s a Sunday, and we''re broke (translation - saving for the wedding) we decided this was a good way to celebrate
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results