shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Rings *ON THE CHEAP* -- Suggestions ??

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've never been on a cruise... always flown and stayed at all-inclusives. I'm a little concerned about this vacation, but trying not to worry.

I suppose it could depend on which cruise line you're travelling with, but I would think it's more than their jobs worth to steal from passengers. I've never heard of any thefts on board on any of the cruises we've been on, we've always found the staff beyond reproach.

As you always have the same cabin steward and helper every day, they'd be the primary suspects if anything went missing, and honestly, they're away from home for months because they're doing it for the money, I doubt they'd jeopardise their position by stealing from passengers.

There's been times I've accidentally left jewellery, ipad, iphone etc in the cabin and never had a problem.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on quite a few cruises, and I always take my good stuff with me, never had a problem anywhere.
I have been on 30+ cruises and do the same. I only take what I wear and tone it down a bit, e.g. wear only one tennis bracelet and maybe my small Tiffany yellow as a RHR. Also have a Vatche Serenity band that originally held my first CBI that now has a 8mm Wink CZ in it. You will be fine.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose it could depend on which cruise line you're travelling with, but I would think it's more than their jobs worth to steal from passengers. I've never heard of any thefts on board on any of the cruises we've been on, we've always found the staff beyond reproach.

As you always have the same cabin steward and helper every day, they'd be the primary suspects if anything went missing, and honestly, they're away from home for months because they're doing it for the money, I doubt they'd jeopardise their position by stealing from passengers.

There's been times I've accidentally left jewellery, ipad, iphone etc in the cabin and never had a problem.

Thanks, @Austina... that does make me feel better. I'm probably just being paranoid!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on 30+ cruises and do the same. I only take what I wear and tone it down a bit, e.g. wear only one tennis bracelet and maybe my small Tiffany yellow as a RHR. Also have a Vatche Serenity band that originally held my first CBI that now has a 8mm Wink CZ in it. You will be fine.

Thanks, @cflutist!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, we are cruising with Carnival to the Bahamas out of Jacksonville, FL.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Good grief... I'm sure they're all 100% honest as well. It will only be my husband and I on the trip, so do you think we'll be okay off the ship? To be honest, I didn't really want to cruise at all, but we got this trip super cheap and my husband wants to go. I have mixed feelings. Open water freaks me out. I don't even go in the ocean unless it's crystal clear and I can easily see the bottom... and then, I'd still rather stay in the nice, chemical-infused pool. LOL

I would wear my jewelry all the time except at night when sleeping or when showering. I'm more concerned about wearing it at the ports and being mugged. Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but I feel like there are probably ppl who target those getting off/on cruise ships. Am I just paranoid?

Berricle is sounding more and more like a good idea. I really wish I could wear @ILikeShiny's awesome Wink CZ, but I'd be super paranoid about losing another person's bling!

Thanks for all the information!!

If you’re main concern is safety, why not just wear a plain band? A mugger is not going to ask if your ring is real and decide not to mug you when you tell them it’s a cz. That being said, I think you’ll have no problem. We’ve been on a number of cruises and never had an issue— but if that’s your main concern, why not try to remove it completely.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’re main concern is safety, why not just wear a plain band? A mugger is not going to ask if your ring is real and decide not to mug you when you tell them it’s a cz. That being said, I think you’ll have no problem. We’ve been on a number of cruises and never had an issue— but if that’s your main concern, why not try to remove it completely.

Honestly... because I'm a bling hoe and need to wear sparklies, regardless of the situation. ;-) But, yeah, I agree with you, I think we'll be just fine. I'm just paranoid. :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly... because I'm a bling hoe and need to wear sparklies, regardless of the situation. ;-) But, yeah, I agree with you, I think we'll be just fine. I'm just paranoid. :)
This was (is) me too.

“Just travel with a plain ring.”
“Whaaaaat?! Blasphemy!!” :cool2:

I will say that when we went to Italy there WERE times I was conscious of it and flipped my ring around to the palm of my hand. Usually it was at night or riding mass transit. Since it was my honeymoon I definitely wanted my e-ring, but the next time I might wear my travel ring.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
when we went we left out ipads and laptop there without any troubles at all. I dont think anyone would take a laptop or ipad , those are large and easily traceable

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was (is) me too.

“Just travel with a plain ring.”
“Whaaaaat?! Blasphemy!!” :cool2:

I will say that when we went to Italy there WERE times I was conscious of it and flipped my ring around to the palm of my hand. Usually it was at night or riding mass transit. Since it was my honeymoon I definitely wanted my e-ring, but the next time I might wear my travel ring.

Total. Blasphemy. LOL ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04

I have not been on a Carnival ship (known to be party ships) and have not been to the Bahamas, but perhaps a plain band might be best.
Link to State Department warnings, yellow is elevated.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...eladvisories/the-bahamas-travel-advisory.html

Thanks for that link... we will definitely heed these warnings. I have already decided not to wear my real diamonds. Although I doubt very seriously I'll only wear a plain band, I'll probably just do a plain soli and band.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I have a 3 stone from QVC that I thought about wearing. It's much smaller, but still really pretty! Thanks for reminding me -- I'll go check QVC online now! :)
I actually ordered a 3.5ct 3 stone ring from them a few days ago. Haven't received it yet but if you're interested, I'll post a pic once it gets to me. Btw, I also buy their DMQ studs because I seem to lose earrings when I travel so I pretty much travel in their studs because they're easily replaceable and don't irritate my ears.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually ordered a 3.5ct 3 stone ring from them a few days ago. Haven't received it yet but if you're interested, I'll post a pic once it gets to me. Btw, I also buy their DMQ studs because I seem to lose earrings when I travel so I pretty much travel in their studs because they're easily replaceable and don't irritate my ears.

Oh yes! Definitely post pics!!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock

Hahahaha! Love this! Then get biggest cz you can find and have fun with it!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my question is ... if I have a 12 ct fake assher ring, is a 27 ct fake diamond bracelet too gaudy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And follow up would be when would I wear something that big! ? !
A liz taylor fan club meeting?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
R o t f!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never went on a cruise but went to Italy last year. Everyone scared me into leaving my jewelry home. I bought a gold cz diamond engagement ring and a cheapie diamond band on amazon. I went through serious withdrawal on my trip! I think wearing anything blingy even if fake will attract unsavory characters. They’re not going to know it’s fake so you will still be a target. Next time I will skip the cz but wear a subtle diamond band and no engagement ring. I’ll also wear my small diamond studs. I drooled over every woman with diamond jewelry on. It was probably fake!:P2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E9F9E68A-484A-4D25-917D-604549B7F220.jpeg

It is awfully pretty, especially outside! It isn’t super big, though.

That looks amazing on you! Kinda makes me want to get it anyway...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never went on a cruise but went to Italy last year. Everyone scared me into leaving my jewelry home. I bought a gold cz diamond engagement ring and a cheapie diamond band on amazon. I went through serious withdrawal on my trip! I think wearing anything blingy even if fake will attract unsavory characters. They’re not going to know it’s fake so you will still be a target. Next time I will skip the cz but wear a subtle diamond band and no engagement ring. I’ll also wear my small diamond studs. I drooled over every woman with diamond jewelry on. It was probably fake!:P2

Well, I've always wanted a big honkin' diamond eternity band... maybe this is my chance to rock one! LOL

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one looks cool... and for $11, shooooottt!!

https://www.amazon.com/NYC-Sterling...s=stainless+steel+cz+eternity+band&th=1&psc=1
51hFQREK1oL.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I've always wanted a big honkin' diamond eternity band... maybe this is my chance to rock one! LOL
I would go for it! :dance:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on 17 cruises and everyone on board wears their good stuff. If you are with a group in Nassau you should be fine. On your own, don’t even wear the fake stuff. I don’t ever put my stuff in the safe. Nothing has ever been stolen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results