shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Rings *ON THE CHEAP* -- Suggestions ??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I are going on a cruise in about 3 weeks, and for the first time on vacation, I'm really doubting I should take my rings. Can anyone suggest websites/vendors that have the least "fake looking" rings? I don't want anything with pave or lots going on... just classic styles like three stone, solitaire, etc. in round, emerald, or any old cut. I really don't want to spend more than $60-75...

Thanks, ya'll!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Berricle is where I got my rings for my last cruise.

Since the safes in the room are not secure ( ship employees can open them) I decided to leave all valuables at home.

Berricle was fast and the rings look fine.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like berricle. They have settings in sterling silver and in stainless.

Thanks! I saw some really cut rings on Amazon that were from Berricle... :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Berricle is where I got my rings for my last cruise.

Since the safes in the room are not secure ( ship employees can open them) I decided to leave all valuables at home.

Berricle was fast and the rings look fine.

Oh wow... non-secure safes? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?? Yikes!

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Berricle is also 40% off $100 or more today, so you can get a $100 ring essentially!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely Berricle, and they are almost always running sales on their site.

I like the rings at Berricle... it just seems they have don't have a wide variety of sizes in the CZs... I really like the EC with baguette three stone, but I wish it was bigger. The next EC I like is HUGE and totally unbelievable. I may just have to go smaller than I'm used to.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know of a site that carries CZ erings in stainless steel?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the Berricle rings I'm considering... thoughts??
(I have a 9.8 mm round solitaire now... I'd like it to be close to the size, but I realize that may not be possible)

8.5 x 6.5 mm center... I like the style of this one, but it's a lot smaller
r1035-01-333.jpg

9 x 7 mm center... this center is closer to the size I want, but I don't know how I feel about the round sides
r1198-01-3.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size do you wear? You can borrow mine if it fits (size 6.5). It’s an HPD CZ with an OEC cut.
IMG_4103.JPG

OMG, that is beautiful! I can wear a 4.75-5.5... if I love it, I can wear up to a 6! I'm afraid that would slip right off! UGH!! It's so pretty!! :( Thank you for offering, ILS!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is beautiful! I can wear a 4.75-5.5... if I love it, I can wear up to a 6! I'm afraid that would slip right off! UGH!! It's so pretty!! :( Thank you for offering, ILS!!
Okay! I should say it’s a snug 6.5, so if you want me to mail it to you to try on (and even wrap tape around the base :lol:) I’d be happy to.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay! I should say it’s a snug 6.5, so if you want me to mail it to you to try on (and even wrap tape around the base :lol:) I’d be happy to.

You are so sweet! I may very well take you up on that! ;-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on quite a few cruises, and I always take my good stuff with me, never had a problem anywhere.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow... non-secure safes? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?? Yikes!

The safe in your room you can program but they do not guarantee the security of anything put in it when you ask them. When you ask they will admit they can go in the safes if they have to ( but claim no one ever would and all the employees are 100% honest)

I am sure if you are going to wear it all the time you are probably ok. When you get off the boat stay in groups. I didn't want to wear anything I would not want to lose or have stolen. I did not want to leave my stuff in the safe since cleaning and maintenance personnel only come in to clean ect. when I had left the room each day.

I brought my son on the last cruise in December and if he was in the room they made him go on the balcony when they showed up. It is a good idea not to have staff alone in a room with a minor, but if they do not trust staff to clean when a minor is in the cabin:shock: , I am not sure I could trust them with jewelry or items that cannot tell me if something was not ok.

Most cruise ships have over 1000 employees on the ship. It would be tough to convince me that any group of any line of work that has that many people can promise me that they are all honest and none would find a way to get into things if they thought the payday would be big enough. It is a numbers thing.

We did keep cash and passports in the safe when we left the room or were on shore excursions, but in my mind putting a couple thousand and passports in a safe is much different than keeping something in there that cost more than most people's cars. I believe most people are pretty honest. But berricle stuff is cheap enough that I was willing to wear that for the trip and not have to worry about it at all!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on quite a few cruises, and I always take my good stuff with me, never had a problem anywhere.

We've never been on a cruise... always flown and stayed at all-inclusives. I'm a little concerned about this vacation, but trying not to worry.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The safe in your room you can program but they do not guarantee the security of anything put in it when you ask them. When you ask they will admit they can go in the safes if they have to ( but claim no one ever would and all the employees are 100% honest)

I am sure if you are going to wear it all the time you are probably ok. When you get off the boat stay in groups. I didn't want to wear anything I would not want to lose or have stolen. I did not want to leave my stuff in the safe since cleaning and maintenance personnel only come in to clean ect. when I had left the room each day.

I brought my son on the last cruise in December and if he was in the room they made him go on the balcony when they showed up. It is a good idea not to have staff alone in a room with a minor, but if they do not trust staff to clean when a minor is in the cabin:shock: , I am not sure I could trust them with jewelry or items that cannot tell me if something was not ok.

Most cruise ships have over 1000 employees on the ship. It would be tough to convince me that any group of any line of work that has that many people can promise me that they are all honest and none would find a way to get into things if they thought the payday would be big enough. It is a numbers thing.

We did keep cash and passports in the safe when we left the room or were on shore excursions, but in my mind putting a couple thousand and passports in a safe is much different than keeping something in there that cost more than most people's cars. I believe most people are pretty honest. But berricle stuff is cheap enough that I was willing to wear that for the trip and not have to worry about it at all!

Good grief... I'm sure they're all 100% honest as well. It will only be my husband and I on the trip, so do you think we'll be okay off the ship? To be honest, I didn't really want to cruise at all, but we got this trip super cheap and my husband wants to go. I have mixed feelings. Open water freaks me out. I don't even go in the ocean unless it's crystal clear and I can easily see the bottom... and then, I'd still rather stay in the nice, chemical-infused pool. LOL

I would wear my jewelry all the time except at night when sleeping or when showering. I'm more concerned about wearing it at the ports and being mugged. Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but I feel like there are probably ppl who target those getting off/on cruise ships. Am I just paranoid?

Berricle is sounding more and more like a good idea. I really wish I could wear @ILikeShiny's awesome Wink CZ, but I'd be super paranoid about losing another person's bling!

Thanks for all the information!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was trying to decide on a setting for my upgrade, I purchased a 10 mm CZ soli in stainless steel from Amazon... I guess I could wear it if I can't decide on anything else.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are some ports I was more worried about than others. But you should be safe. Dont worry too much, just use common sense.

For the most part most ports do try to keep the “public cruise visiting areas” nice and very safe.
Stick to the main walking areas in the ports and you should be fine.

I have only ordered a couple rings from berricle, but the ones you picked look nice too!
Even their biggest ct center stone ring doesnt feel too big once I wore it for a week. It is their 12 mm and although it sits higher than my regular ring, I got used to the size very quickly.
This was the one I wore while I was on the one in December from berricle.

DB840F3A-84AD-4876-A33F-E7FD60D7A023.jpeg

The ships lightings always made it look fantastic, so even though a cz isnt as sparkly as my normal diamonds , the lighting made it so I didnt notice.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the Berricle rings I'm considering... thoughts??
(I have a 9.8 mm round solitaire now... I'd like it to be close to the size, but I realize that may not be possible)

8.5 x 6.5 mm center... I like the style of this one, but it's a lot smaller
r1035-01-333.jpg

9 x 7 mm center... this center is closer to the size I want, but I don't know how I feel about the round sides
r1198-01-3.jpg

I just ordered the emerald baguette three stone last week. I haven’t seen it yet, I’m away from home, but can post a picture when I get back.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some ports I was more worried about than others. But you should be safe. Dont worry too much, just use common sense.

For the most part most ports do try to keep the “public cruise visiting areas” nice and very safe.
Stick to the main walking areas in the ports and you should be fine.

I have only ordered a couple rings from berricle, but the ones you picked look nice too!
Even their biggest ct center stone ring doesnt feel too big once I wore it for a week. It is their 12 mm and although it sits higher than my regular ring, I got used to the size very quickly.
This was the one I wore while I was on the one in December from berricle.

DB840F3A-84AD-4876-A33F-E7FD60D7A023.jpeg

The ships lightings always made it look fantastic, so even though a cz isnt as sparkly as my normal diamonds , the lighting made it so I didnt notice.

Oh wow!! Now THAT'S a rock! ;-)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually buy my travel jewelry on QVC. Their Diamonique line has very nicely cut stones and well-made settings. I stay away from 100 facet line because it looks fake to me. QVC used to have a stainless steel line but seemed to have stopped selling CZs in it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered the emerald baguette three stone last week. I haven’t seen it yet, I’m away from home, but can post a picture when I get back.

A neighbor of mine had that ring, and I actually tried it on a few weeks ago... I'll see if I still have the pic.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually buy my travel jewelry on QVC. Their Diamonique line has very nicely cut stones and well-made settings. I stay away from 100 facet line because it looks fake to me. QVC used to have a stainless steel line but seemed to have stopped selling CZs in it.

Yes! I have a 3 stone from QVC that I thought about wearing. It's much smaller, but still really pretty! Thanks for reminding me -- I'll go check QVC online now! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results