shape
carat
color
clarity

UPS Stinks Lost e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
How long did the claims process actually take?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
In my Ross Simons loss I had to allow 14 business days for the package to arrive (or in my case NOT arrive) before they would refund my money. Since they were the shipper UPS required them (not me) to put a trace on the package and give them 10 business days to find it. How long they require may depend of the method of shipping. I really don''t know. I had paid for second day air. Ross Simons was great and I had no problems whatsoever with them sending a duplicate item and fully refunding my shipping. I assume that they have enough losses that getting their money from UPS is a matter of routine.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
We paid over $80 To ship this package, but they probally jsut write it off, cause, really why would Brown care?
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whitefoot, what was the last thing they said to you???? Again I am sooo sorry, this sucks.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
they will continue to look for the package (they been looking for 14days) and that I can now file a claim, well office depot can, cause they were the shippers. UGH so now its in claims, as soon as they cut a check to office depot, then they will stop looking for the package and all i get is the check and knowing that someone "other" is wearing my ring.

Where to people learn to act like this. How were they brought up? Are they proud of themselves?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shipping easily identifiable items can be a problem. Shipping to known locations can be a problem. Companies that show the value of insurance on the shipping lable are inviting problems for small packages.

I have lost several things in easily identifiable packages. Now, I will routinely overwrap with a big ugly box or bulky envelope anthing of value (and havn''t lost anything since). Of course, I have not shippend anything worth more than a thousand dollars either.

My general experience is as follows:

United States Postal Service - routine package service: 50% loss of packages shipped to me, and 10% loss of packages I have shipped to others. ( and I don''t believe their claim on the % of accurately delivered letter mail based on how much of my neighbor''s mail I get - and how much of mine they get).

United States Postal Service - Registered: 100% successfull delivery.

UPS - normal packaging: 99+% delivery (only 2 packages lost over many years).

UPS - normal delivery & Packaging indicates item of value - or items sent to specific locations indicating item of value: 75% delivery

UPS - overnight - signature required (packed in bulky & plain packaging), no indication of value: 100% delivery.

Fed-X - Overnight to 2nd day delivery, and no indication of value: 100% delivery

Personally, if I were shipping a diamond or other jem of significant value; I''d figure out another way of insuring it and put it into a plain package and deliver it to an alternate - pre set-up location instead of a jewlery store (or I''d pack in in a box full of other heavy filler so that is did not appear to be a small peice of jewelry (perhaps tooling or something).

Perry

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
next time I will fly back from Seattle to NYC and fly home the same day for $218 worth it considering my time I ahve put into this. DONT USE UPS

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My whole fiasco took approximately three weeks start to finish. Starting with shipping and finishing with my check in the mail from UPS.

Had I known that I definitely would have gotten my money back I wouldn''t have panicked so. It just all sounded so iffy at first - one customer service rep and then another and then another. I hounded them day and night!

I have actually used UPS again - now I know how the system works and that it does actually work. As long as you have a receipt for merchandise and ship it the most secure way with them, you will get the money. Then you have to start over again with your purchase - but in my case it worked out better for me in the long run. If it were an heirloom piece or something absolutely irreplaceable I''d think about driving it!

Good luck - please let us know how it all turns out.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
Still UPS is Giving us the runaround Still 3 weeks now

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I assume UPS put a tracer on the package. Tracers can only stay open for seven business days I believe. After that, if they haven''t found the package, they will mail and/or fax over claims paperwork to the shipper that contain a statement by UPS to the effect that "they apologize for the inconvenience, but they have been unable to provide sufficient proof of delivery of this package." Then the shipper just needs to fill out the paperwork, including proof of price, insurance, etc. and mail or fax it back to UPS. Fax is by far the fastest way to get things done. Hopefully then the shipper will receive a claims check in about 7 to 10 business days.

So I would demand to know what happened with the tracer. If seven business days have gone by, then I would demand that the tracer be closed and a claims number be issued, along with paperwork (once the claim is finalized in the system, I used to receive a faxed copy of the claims paperwork in about 90 minutes or less). If the shipper has the claims paperwork but has not finished it, demand that they do so immediately. Honestly, the paperwork takes twenty minutes max as long as you have all the relevant info.

Now if the shipper is giving you problems with the claim (i.e. not calling you back, not giving you info, etc.), call UPS and demand to file a complaint against OfficeMax because they are an authorized shipper of UPS. Make a big stink. Honestly, it works. Call corporate for OfficeMax too. Light a fire under them and watch how fast things start to move. Unfortunately, sometimes it is the only way to get things done in a timely fashion (believe me, I''ve been there on the other side
2.gif
).

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
yes teh tracer is closed, but what happen is they said 7 biz days ok so we waited then on day 8 they extended it for a day, same thing on the 9th day then the 10th and again opn the 11th. The reps told me my package is actually the longest they have seen it open. Office depot got the claims, then in return faxed it to us to fill out. We did, and were still waiting. I want to repurchase a ring, but I just dont have the money hanging around. This morning she went to Office Depot and spoke to a manager and asked if they would put someone on this package and give updates everyday. Seems like I am the only one calling UPS everyday actually 2 times a day. JUST Give me my e-ring back. THis has really been a hard time for me. SO they revcieved the claim forms on friday its now tuesday, and they wont tell us if there sending a check or not. I just want to know so I can get a new one for my girl.

Stay away from UPS use USPS, I cant stress this enough.. They really seem not to care. Anyone have the Corp. UPS Contact Number? 800# wont give it to me..

Thanks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, I''m so sorry. I hope you get your check soon. That stinks they won''t give you the corporate phone number. Good luck!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I have started using DHL .. anyone had any experience with them?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The only thing about USPS is the last time I checked, they don''t consider a package "missing" for thirty days. I could be wrong though with regards to registered mail.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
anyone know a good lawyer who could fire off a letter on my behalf just to get office depot more intrested in helping me?
thanks

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
I just had my jeweler ship my Tacori setting to Tacori to tighten the diamond and put
engraving on the sizing bar.

I have my ring insured through State Farm.

If UPS loses the ring, does State Farm kick in and pay, or is UPS responsible?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Whitefoot.
I suggest that you call your local bar association and tell them what happened. They can recommend a lawyer who deals with this kind of thing, and I believe you won''t have to pay as much when the bar association refers you to a lawyer.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
Still fighting with UPS. Talking about turning an exciting time, into a sour mood. I am trying so hard not to get let down.. UGH!!!

Ship USPS or FEDEX, even with your personal Items. DONT USE UPS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks, all I can say is that I''m sooooo sorry.
15.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I know that nothing we say can help, but we''re SOOO SOORRRYYY!!! THAT SUCKS!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I''m crossing my fingers and toes for you that it will all work out - and soon!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
any updates??

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
its been sent to claims, but I get the feeling they are trying to get out of Paying. Something Like it was Not box propertly or something. Well it was not box 2x like they rules says but we boxed it 3 times. UPS trying to play tricks and there just wrong

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's such a shame, I'm so sorry to hear that, geez!!!
15.gif
Have you contacted a lawyer??? I liked MB's suggestion to contact your local Bar Association, they would be able to help I would think????

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 12:22:25 PM
Author: Whitefoot

Anyone have the Corp. UPS Contact Number? 800# wont give it to me..

Thanks
(404) 828-6000 is the corporate number listed on their 10-K, but its likely just a main switchboard number. You could try it though. My friend once got through to an exec officer at eBay by calling the number on their 10-K. You never know.

My boyfriend saw one of those "expose" shows on TV once that dealt with insurance claims. They interviewed a bunch of ex-employees of insurance companies who said it was essentially "policy" to give people the runaround and not deal with the claims promptly. This is because they KNOW that a large proportion will give up after a while. That is why persistence is important - they bank on you giving up, so don''t.

I''m so sorry that you have to go through this, but stand firm and keep following up. Unfortunately, you will only get resolution by being persistent.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If the whole package was lost, then there should be no discussion of how it was packed. Who is telling you all this??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 11:06:58 PM
Author: Rascal49
If the whole package was lost, then there should be no discussion of how it was packed. Who is telling you all this??

i totally agree...they should only be asking about the packaging if something is damaged, when it''s lost, who cares and who can prove it one way or the other...

i''m so very sorry about all this. i would be very sad and disappointed and then very, very, angry. Hang in there, keep being the squeaky wheel and make sure they give you some answers. Having a letter from an attorny might not be a bad idea if they don''t get this resolved quickly. Good luck...

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
UPS finally paid, now 5 weeks after it was suposed to be delivered, what a mess.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am sorry you went through this but at least you can get it replaced now. Unfortunatley any sentimental value it had is lost
7.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 11:34:21 AM
Author: Whitefoot
UPS finally paid, now 5 weeks after it was suposed to be delivered, what a mess.

i''m so sorry you had to go through all of this but I''m so glad UPS finally paid. I hope once you pic your new stone and have your new ring you can look back and say it all worked out for the best in the end
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results