shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraders--What did you do with your original stone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it would be fun to have people post pictures of resets of their original stones after they upgraded (for those that didn''t trade them in for their new one
2.gif
)! I want to upgrade within the next 2 years or so and I want to keep my "original" and do something fun with it (maybe a necklace or something). I would LOVE to see pictures, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if many have kept their original stones or reset them so much Sparkles, but check out this thread here - this is the show me your upgrades thread, might just give you a little eye candy inspiration to begin with!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is the reset of my old stone when I upgraded last year. I had my jeweler put it in a platinum Claude Thibbadeau setting to wear as a right hand ring. Since my new ring is a three stone it is nice to have the look of a solitaire for my other hand.

CThibrhrr.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sundial that is really beautiful! Thanks for the thread link Lorelei. More pictures please!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made my first stone, a round briliant, into a pave halo necklace on a thin chain, in platinum. I love it. My next upgrade I traded my three stone ring into Tiffany''s to get the trade, since I had gotten it from there in the first place. But I do love my necklace...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 12:02:05 PM
Author: diamondfan
I made my first stone, a round briliant, into a pave halo necklace on a thin chain, in platinum. I love it. My next upgrade I traded my three stone ring into Tiffany''s to get the trade, since I had gotten it from there in the first place. But I do love my necklace...
Oh I would love to see pics of the necklace, do you have any???? I was thinking about doing a halo of pink sapphires around my pc stone and having it hang in the diamond shape rather than square, or doing a 3 stone thing with one ice blue and one pink sapphire. It''s a little ways away, but this way I''ll get my upgrade and know exactly what to do with my old stone, right...
31.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I had my original .54 pear shaped stone set into a 14k white gold pendant surrounded by Ceylon blue sapphires. It was my mother''s day gift last year as a matter of fact. I''ll try later to get a picture of it up.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 1:24:08 PM
Author: pearcrazy
I had my original .54 pear shaped stone set into a 14k white gold pendant surrounded by Ceylon blue sapphires. It was my mother''s day gift last year as a matter of fact. I''ll try later to get a picture of it up.
Oh that sounds so pretty, I can''t wait to see some pics!
36.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
my hubby is VERY good with money.

i didn''t replace - instead I bought an additional big honker for a middle finger ring. my sentimental hubby wouldn''t let me upgrade the quarter carat. at the time, he bought us a house instead.

i didn''t appreciate it much at the time, but that little stone is whiter than white and very well cut. i appreciate it now, and the time and effort we put into it. And i appreciate the "paid fer" house too.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
here are both:

bluewall4.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 12:32:08 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Date: 5/12/2006 12:02:05 PM
Oh I would love to see pics of the necklace, do you have any???? I was thinking about doing a halo of pink sapphires around my pc stone and having it hang in the diamond shape rather than square, or doing a 3 stone thing with one ice blue and one pink sapphire. It''s a little ways away, but this way I''ll get my upgrade and know exactly what to do with my old stone, right...
31.gif

My first ering was a 1.53 round, looks nice iin the necklace. I knew we would not get anything worthwhile if we sold, so I told him it would be close to my heart that way! Since it was the first, I wanted to keep it for some sentimental reasons, though I am not too much that way...but I do really love it. I will try to take some photos...

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
had to give mine back in order to upgrade, or I could have waited awhile...but that wasn''t happening!!hahaa
would have been nice to keep for a necklace though ..
7.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 5:29:42 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Sparkles, I haven''t had time to take any more pictures today, but here''s a link to the original thread about it. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-sparklie.23116/ And a correction, I got it for Christmas ''04 not mother''s day ''05. For mother''s day I got a three stone blue sapphire and diamond ring.
21.gif
How quickly I forget!!
OH that is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Thank you for the post. That is something you see with ovals, but WOW the pear makes all the difference. I love it!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 8:48:47 AM
Author: ladykemma
here are both:
You got TWO beautiful rings AND a house that''s paid for! Congrats!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 4:21:51 PM
Author: Sophie
had to give mine back in order to upgrade, or I could have waited awhile...but that wasn''t happening!!hahaa
would have been nice to keep for a necklace though ..
7.gif
I don''t think I''d get too much for mine, otherwise.... So I figure I might as well keep it for something else. But, hey if for some reason they want to give me a decent amount for it, can''t say I''d turn it down. I am sentimential, but it only goes so far.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 10:37:47 AM
My first ering was a 1.53 round, looks nice iin the necklace. I knew we would not get anything worthwhile if we sold, so I told him it would be close to my heart that way! Since it was the first, I wanted to keep it for some sentimental reasons, though I am not too much that way...but I do really love it. I will try to take some photos...
Yeah, that''s where I''m at, I don''t think we''d get much for it, so I figure I can keep it and it will be sentimental as well. I bet it just looks gorgeous on a necklace also!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 8:26:33 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Date: 5/13/2006 8:48:47 AM
Author: ladykemma
here are both:
You got TWO beautiful rings AND a house that''s paid for! Congrats!
for clarity: i wore the tiny ring alone for ten years. Then after the house was paid for i got the big stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results