shape
carat
color
clarity

My Christmas sparklie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
After months of trying to decide what to do with my old pear shaped diamond from my previous engagement ring, here is what we finally ended up with. It's a G-H colored SI1 .54 pear shaped diamond with 10 2.2 mm diamond cut ceylon sapphires. 14k white gold setting on a 16" white/yellow gold reversable omega chain. It looks great but I think I'm also going to purchase a 20" chain as it is more of a choker with the 16" omega.

christmasgift.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s quite lovely. Wear it in good health.

Shay

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another one a little closer.

christmassparklie.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that turned out great! I love the blue sapphires with the pear and I think you've chosen a great chain with it! Congrats!
36.gif
1.gif

PS How about an 18 inch omega?
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful pearcrazy! It would look so good with my diamond/sapphire ring, lol. So the chain is white gold on one side and yellow gold on the other? Nice!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Actually the jeweler made a great suggestion. He''s ordering me a two inch extender to go around the back. My DH just got back from his store and ordered me a 20" chain to go with it and the jeweler is throwing in the extender for free. My only concern is that the sapphires look so dark. We ordered Ceylon sapphires because I wanted a more vibrant royal blue. They don''t look like Ceylons to me!
7.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OOhhh, it''s darling--I love it!!

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Neck Shot!
Neck Shot!

Don''t forget the Neck Shot.
It''s beautiful. What a great piece.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto--- neck shot!
it''s beautiful--very beautiful.....

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen a "pear" pendant and I LOVE IT!!!! The saphires add the perfect touch!! Beautiful and yes...NECK SHOT PLEASE
35.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
As requested, neck shots. My necklace around the neck of the prettiest girl I know. My daughter Olivia.

prettygirl.JPG

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
With her twin brother Liam. Big brother didn''t want to get in the picture.

liamandlivvy.JPG

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
They are SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! And I love the name Olivia!

(love the pendant too, btw. I''m really getting into pear shaped diamonds these days.)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They are darling kids, pearcrazy!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful necklace and children!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH- PC your children are adorable. Tell her I said "nice modeling"

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The pendant came out pertiful!!
30.gif

OMG!! You have twins too!! You have Beautiful children!!
16.gif

Ours twins are girls. And they are EVIL!!!
11.gif
6.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love the models!!! Adorable children!! I''m married to an identical twin and they are evil
11.gif
Even at 43 they still require their special "twin bonding" time!
Happy New Year!!
emotion-19.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My oldest son Dylan was looking over my shoulder and wanted to know why he wasn''t in any pictures, so here is one of all three. And YES they are evil, all three of them. Bwahhhhh.

I tell them all the time that they''re lucky they''re so cute.
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

warmkids.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful family and beautiful necklace! I love pear shapes in pendants and earrings. (I'm lusting over a pair of pear drop jackets for my studs right now...
emsmilep.gif
).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2004 5:13:26 PM
Author: pearcrazy
My only concern is that the sapphires look so dark. We ordered Ceylon sapphires because I wanted a more vibrant royal blue. They don''t look like Ceylons to me!
Learned on my own skin that fine color&cut melee is ridiculously hard to find. You''d think that fine color is easier to find in small stones, but no... it''s never easy to find, regardless of size. It may actually be worse for these small sizes: for larger stones the cut may enhance color a bit and the more mass there is the nicer the color looks all things equal. It takes some over the top material to obtain fine color in a small sapphire, let alone this small.
7.gif

It is rather sad that the jeweler didn''t show you what the stones look like. But then... the only solution he may have to provide that vivid blue would be to go for syntetics. Would you ?

Anyway. I wrote the 0.2 worth just following your comment. The jewel looks so very nice!
9.gif

lovemybigassch

Rough_Rock
That came out great! I also have a pear that is just sitting in its box. I was considering getting a match to make earrings, but I really like what you did with yours!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Valeria,

I was riding in the car with the necklace on yesterday and I pulled down the mirror on the visor and the sapphires looked gorgeous. They need full sunlight on them to really pop. In indoor lighting they just look like regular old sapphires. He did recommend the diamond cut sapphires as opposed to the regular cut sapphires for better sparkle. I''m not sure I can tell the difference.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Assch,

Yes, well the pendant came out so nice that now I'm thinking that it looks lonely. It needs some earrings to match!!
31.gif

I've already been searching for .30 point matching pears and saving up my pennies again!!
2.gif

I originally considered a Ritani endless love style setting for the pendant but decided that I wanted some color with the sapphires. Also considered surrounding the pear with diamonds instead of sapphires.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Pearcrazy, your pendant is gorgeous, to say the least, but I really enjoyed seeing pics of your kids. Thanks for sharing your pics!

You''ve given me an idea for possibilities for some colored pear stones which I have. I''m thinking teeny weeny melee stones around the colored pear..... hmmmmmmm IOW, reverse of what you did with your diamond and sapphires. Thanks again for sharing your photo, I love it! Good luck with your earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results