shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade help

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I looked through the different threads and didn’t know where to post this so I’m going to try here! I’ve been a PS lurker for years and now I’m thinking about upgrading my ring. The problem is I have NO IDEA what to get. I love so many styles and I’m so indecisive.

My husband proposed with a .8 excellent cut round brilliant D color solitaire. I felt like my fingers were too big for it so I had it reset in a Verragio look alike halo.

I love Halos. I’m thinking about getting a 2-2.5 ct stone set into another halo. I love MSOP’s halo which I’ll post a picture of.

I also love how large solitaire’s look on other people. I bought a 2 ct solitaire on amazon to see what it would look like. I feel like it looks small on me because my fingers are big. I think I’d need at least 3 CT’s to look good and I’m wondering if that would look ridiculous for everyday wear on a 25-30 year old.

The pictures uploaded in the wrong order... the first picture is MSOP’s Christopher designs halo which I am OBSESSED with and want to buy but I wasn’t planning on buying anything until next year and probably shouldn’t spend the money on it yet. I would buy it now if I could and save it. If it’s still there next year it will be mine!!!

Picture 2 is the 2 ct amazon ring I bought to see how a 6 prong solitaire would look. I would have to get a larger stone I think but I love yellow gold shank with platinum 6 prong.

Picture 3 is my current set. I really like it but I just feel like my fingers look fat in it. I’m a pretty small person so I just don’t know why my fingers are so short, stumpy and thick.

606644A7-BF7A-4227-A464-2600CB9A8735.jpeg 373EC48C-5FDB-4FAB-8C7A-1686BFE1F761.jpeg 0D59C04D-A8C0-4056-AC6A-9A3932148670.jpeg

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I also love oval halos in pictures but I’m not sure about on my fingers. Any suggestions for helping with my finger issue!?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that MSOP is selling that setting, right? It is a great deal, so if you love it, snap it up! I love your second setting best, but that is one of my favorite looks. However, I don't think your fingers look fat in it at all. It is lovely.
If you do decide to upgrade with a solitaire, there are so many ways to update it with bands or even ring guards that give you a totally new look. One of my earlier wedding sets was a guard set that the solitaire set in too. I wore that for 25 years.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
You know that MSOP is selling that setting, right? It is a great deal, so if you love it, snap it up! I love your second setting best, but that is one of my favorite looks. However, I don't think your fingers look fat in it at all. It is lovely.
If you do decide to upgrade with a solitaire, there are so many ways to update it with bands or even ring guards that give you a totally new look. One of my earlier wedding sets was a guard set that the solitaire set in too. I wore that for 25 years.

Yes I know that setting is for sale and I’ve tried Erica at LAD with no luck :(. I’m also not sure I can buy it right now which sucks because I know it’s an awesome price and I LOOOVVVE it haha.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I actually like your own ring too. It looks great on you but by all means upgrade the size of the center. My sister has sorry khm bit sausage fingers while she weighs 12 pounds less than me overall but I have my skinnier legs and longer, more slender fingers and wear a ring 2 sizes smaller than her. These things just happen but I do not think you have not pretty hands, no one has perfect hands. And your set actually attracts the attention. I love pave on you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Halogirl1130 -

Your hands are lovely. What size is your finger? I wore a 2.15ct soli on a size 7.5 finger and it looked great. I think the 2ct ring you bought would look better with a plain band. It would make the center stone more obvious and the eye would lead to it naturally. 2ct is a large diamond in any iteration.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
@Halogirl1130 -

Your hands are lovely. What size is your finger? I wore a 2.15ct soli on a size 7.5 finger and it looked great. I think the 2ct ring you bought would look better with a plain band. It would make the center stone more obvious and the eye would lead to it naturally. 2ct is a large diamond in any iteration.

My finger is a 6.5! I ended up purchasing the halo in the first picture so I’m now waiting (impatiently with everything being closed) to have my stone set and get it on my finger!!! Thank you for the compliment! The 2 ct soli is a $20 ring from amazon that I bought to test out how I would like a soli!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My finger is a 6.5! I ended up purchasing the halo in the first picture so I’m now waiting (impatiently with everything being closed) to have my stone set and get it on my finger!!! Thank you for the compliment! The 2 ct soli is a $20 ring from amazon that I bought to test out how I would like a soli!

You bought MSOP's setting?? AWESOME!! Are you saving up now for a center stone, or will you put a moissanite in it for the moment so you can wear it?

And - girl! - please! - a size 6.5 is lovely.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
You bought MSOP's setting?? AWESOME!! Are you saving up now for a center stone, or will you put a moissanite in it for the moment so you can wear it?

And - girl! - please! - a size 6.5 is lovely.

Yes!!! It is the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen and I just couldn’t pass it up. I had @Rhino from August vintage cut a custom moissanite that has the perfect proportions for the setting so I can wear it now! I’d love to upgrade to a diamond in a few years! The moissanite from August vintage is absolutely beautiful! Perfect hearts and arrows! I’ll post pictures once I get it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! It is the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen and I just couldn’t pass it up. I had @Rhino from August vintage cut a custom moissanite that has the perfect proportions for the setting so I can wear it now! I’d love to upgrade to a diamond in a few years! The moissanite from August vintage is absolutely beautiful! Perfect hearts and arrows! I’ll post pictures once I get it!

That's wonderful! Congratulations! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results