shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade Again?? Opinions needed!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL - Yeah, talk to my husband about the upgrade timeline, I bet he will tell you it's been a blast for him :lol: Hopefully, this is the last one for a while.The ladies at BGD must be seriously getting tired of me at this point :lol-2: Thank you for approving the side stone proportions. I shall be mailing back most diamonds this week and keeping only the final 3!

Can't wait to see once you get it back!!! :appl::appl::appl:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see once you get it back!!! :appl::appl::appl:
Thank you! I actually first need to exchange the two 23pt sides, because the current ones are Js..hopefully this will be wrapped up by EOW:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! So, I saw the first photo online some time ago and that is actually one of the pictures I emailed Caysie with! My proportions are obviously a little bit different and the design is different, but I have started to really enjoy these small accent stones. I think that you should totally go for it! Your AVR will look marvelous in a similar design!! Do you think that GOG can source you some tiny AVRs? I already can't wait to see what you decide to do, but feel free to observe how my experiment goes first :mrgreen:

Oh my gosh, that is TOO funny! The smallest AVRs GOG has are around .27, but I am not sure of diameter. I am afraid they are just a little larger than I'd need. But Caysie can source newly cut OECs, too, so if I decide to go with .20's, for example, she can get a matched pair. I seriously think seeing yours will help me decide. I have been all over the place with ideas. I love her Casablanca setting, but I am afraid the whole thing will just be too big in my world. I love it, though! I like the Elsa and several other of her rings, but gosh, it is hard to decide when you can't try them on!!! But ultimately, for my everyday ring, I kind of think simple and elegant is most "me". I can have a little fun with right hand rings, but I am afraid to go too ornate for a daily e-ring. At this point, Caysie is working on another setting for me, so I think yours will be done before I'd even start on this one. So seeing yours will definitely help me get a better sense of proportions and whether I think I should go for it! I have had my diamond in a solitaire for 4 years, so I am really ready to do something else with it! I am very excited for you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit late to the party, here - but - I LOVE your new stone! I think over 2ct is a lovely place to be, and I love your setting idea.

Re your upgrade, I 100% agree with you re fluorescence - it's probably the main reason I've decided to upgrade my stone. Mine has medium fluoro, but either I can see hints of it, or I THINK I can see hints of it - probably more the case, but it effects my enjoyment of it just the same. I also think I is the first color grade where you won't possibly see tint, so I'm all for upgrading here! Since this thread is now 2 years old, where are you placed with your setting? This will be wonderful to see!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit late to the party, here - but - I LOVE your new stone! I think over 2ct is a lovely place to be, and I love your setting idea.

Re your upgrade, I 100% agree with you re fluorescence - it's probably the main reason I've decided to upgrade my stone. Mine has medium fluoro, but either I can see hints of it, or I THINK I can see hints of it - probably more the case, but it effects my enjoyment of it just the same. I also think I is the first color grade where you won't possibly see tint, so I'm all for upgrading here! Since this thread is now 2 years old, where are you placed with your setting? This will be wonderful to see!

Thank you so much! I am definitely going to enjoy the 2ct size, but looking at your amazing bling, I am already dreaming for more :bigsmile:
Funny that you felt the same about fluorescence, even thought your ring is a solitaire. I still think that fluorescence is great for many, the stone definitely appeared whiter and the savings due to fluorescence were great, but especially for a 3 stone, I prefer diamonds without flouro. I can see some of the color in the I, my first stone was an H, I was very happy with the color, one day I will get back to an H, but for now I need to be mindful of the overall budget!
This thread is only 2months old :) I have actually just had the stone loose, so I have been playing with it, but not really wearing it, but soon, very soon :)

Oh my gosh, that is TOO funny! The smallest AVRs GOG has are around .27, but I am not sure of diameter. I am afraid they are just a little larger than I'd need. But Caysie can source newly cut OECs, too, so if I decide to go with .20's, for example, she can get a matched pair. I seriously think seeing yours will help me decide. I have been all over the place with ideas. I love her Casablanca setting, but I am afraid the whole thing will just be too big in my world. I love it, though! I like the Elsa and several other of her rings, but gosh, it is hard to decide when you can't try them on!!! But ultimately, for my everyday ring, I kind of think simple and elegant is most "me". I can have a little fun with right hand rings, but I am afraid to go too ornate for a daily e-ring. At this point, Caysie is working on another setting for me, so I think yours will be done before I'd even start on this one. So seeing yours will definitely help me get a better sense of proportions and whether I think I should go for it! I have had my diamond in a solitaire for 4 years, so I am really ready to do something else with it! I am very excited for you!

DS, I can't believe I never responded to this post! I could have sworn I did! I actually think that mini AVRs at 0.27 would be my choice! They would probably still be right around 4.1-4.2mm which is roughly 1/2 of the size of your center stone and that would make for some wonderful proportions! Caysie has so many beautiful settings, I love all of the ones you mentioned, but I do agree with you that Casablanca may be just a little bit too much for the "normal world", Elsa is also gorgeous and more delicate..the Chloe solitaire is another favorite of mine, but do you want a solitaire? In any case, I think that you have been smart to wait and really get to know your stone (which is sooooo beautiful) before you embark on another reset journey. I am happy if my project helps you in any way and btw - I would love to learn more about your current project with CvB!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results