shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade! 1.27ct VS1 K HPD in Sholdt

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so beautiful! You must be having so much fun staring at it and getting to know the stone. :kiss2:
I am enjoying staring at it! I have to be careful at work sitting at my desk because I don’t want anyone to catch me staring at my ring :lol-2:

Still trying to figure out a wedding band to wear with it. So far I’ve been wearing it solo and may continue to do so.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo gorgeous!

:kiss2:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fire! Looks stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to wait a year or two to upgrade my .81ct HPD, but the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't help myself. I wanted to go with a K color to maximize size, and since Ks go fast, @LaylaR found me one that was still on the cutting room floor. Even with it being the busy season HPD was able to get the ring completed a couple weeks before I was expecting it :) As always, the HPD team was incredible and I could not be more happy with the setting from Sholdt.

And now for what you guys really want (for reference, finger is a size 7-7.5)...

IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1408.JPG IMG_1416.jpg IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1483.jpg IMG_1496.jpg IMG_1516.JPG

BEAUTIFUL! Love your gorgeous new ring.:love: Congratulations on an amazbling upgrade. Now that's the way to start the new year.:appl:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding an update to this thread... unfortunately the K turned out to be too warm for me :( @LaylaR and @Wink went above and beyond and found me a future diamond (I SI1) that met the size requirement of my setting. The diamond ended up coming back from AGS as a VS2, and I could not be any happier with the proportions :) I received the finished ring last week and I am THRILLED.

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? It's gorgeous! The setting is elegant and sophisticated! Looks great on you! Very white and beautiful stone!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding an update to this thread... unfortunately the K turned out to be too warm for me :( @LaylaR and @Wink went above and beyond and found me a future diamond (I SI1) that met the size requirement of my setting. The diamond ended up coming back from AGS as a VS2, and I could not be any happier with the proportions :) I received the finished ring last week and I am THRILLED.

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg
Congrats, Beautiful ring!:love: love the proportions. :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I'm a Sholdt Fan, and this is fantastic protection especially since we tend to hit our diamonds mostly on the North end

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I'm a Sholdt Fan, and this is fantastic protection especially since we tend to hit our diamonds mostly on the North end
That was exactly why I picked this setting over their other ones :geek2:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg
Very cool.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
@Wewechew Did they do a comparison shot of the I vs the K when you sent it back for upgrade?

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Always love working with HPD. I especially love that setting as well!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really stunning!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so excited when the AGS certificate was finally posted :)
Do you notice any difference in performance b/t this stone and the K since the two proportions are much different?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That's so great that you were able to change out your stone for a higher color. I'm glad that you can just enjoy that beauty now.

It's so sleek, and elegant. Yum!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Always love working with HPD. I especially love that setting as well!
Thank you! And yes, HPD is wonderful to work with :)
Wow, really stunning!!!!
Thank you!
That's so great that you were able to change out your stone for a higher color. I'm glad that you can just enjoy that beauty now.

It's so sleek, and elegant. Yum!
Thank you :)
Do you notice any difference in performance b/t this stone and the K since the two proportions are much different?
Yes, I do. I've been trying to narrow down my preferred proportions for a while now because I do gravitate towards some super ideals more than others. I narrowed down the LGF I prefer about a year ago (76), but now I think I've finally figured out the other proportions too.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it's gorgeous too!

Interestingly I suspect you were struck more in person by the warmth than comes across in your pictures? Although I can see a difference in the glamour shots. :geek2:

I'm so glad you're getting to the stage where you can pinpoint the proportions that your eyes find pleasing. :D

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it's gorgeous too!

Interestingly I suspect you were struck more in person by the warmth than comes across in your pictures? Although I can see a difference in the glamour shots. :geek2:

I'm so glad you're getting to the stage where you can pinpoint the proportions that your eyes find pleasing. :D
Thank you!

Correct- I saw more warmth in person that you can tell from the photos. The photos were mostly taken face up and in the light, and portray accurately what I saw under those conditions. Unfortunately, I spend 90% (or more) of my time inside so I was able to see the warmth more easily- I would be sitting at my desk and turn the diamond ever so slightly and would be able to see a bit too much warmth for my liking.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

Correct- I saw more warmth in person that you can tell from the photos. The photos were mostly taken face up and in the light, and portray accurately what I saw under those conditions. Unfortunately, I spend 90% (or more) of my time inside so I was able to see the warmth more easily- I would be sitting at my desk and turn the diamond ever so slightly and would be able to see a bit too much warmth for my liking.
Do you have the I in person yet?

How are you finding it?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the I in person yet?

How are you finding it?
Yes, I've had it almost a month now and I love the diamond. I can still see warmth and if I had an extra $5k I would probably go up in color, but at this point in time the I color is my compromise and I am happy with it :)

I should also add- I saw warmth in my GIA graded .9ct H with MBF... so I'm a bit color sensitive/intolerant :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I've had it almost a month now and I love the diamond. I can still see warmth and if I had an extra $5k I would probably go up in color, but at this point in time the I color is my compromise and I am happy with it :)

I should also add- I saw warmth in my GIA graded .9ct H with MBF... so I'm a bit color sensitive/intolerant :)

I am also very colour sensitive; I can see the colour in a G without a comparison stone. Frankly it's annoying. :lol: I think I originally interpreted my colour sensitivity as colour intolerance, but I have realised that I am more colour tolerant with CBIs.

My current stone is a J, and it is beautiful. It's definitely somewhat warm from the side though, and probably I will upgrade it in colour at some point. But it's still so beautiful, that like you, currently I can't justify the extra money. And if I do upgrade the colour, by how much? You went up two colour grades - but perhaps you still don't feel that's quite enough and you would prefer a colourless or closer to colourless diamond?

I recently had the pleasure of seeing a CBI H - I could see the colour in it too, but it was much less - would I be 'happy'? Or would I still need an F or a G? Maybe it would jump out less to me though. If you were going to upgrade in colour again how high would you go? :D

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also very colour sensitive; I can see the colour in a G without a comparison stone. Frankly it's annoying. :lol: I think I originally interpreted my colour sensitivity as colour intolerance, but I have realised that I am more colour tolerant with CBIs.

My current stone is a J, and it is beautiful. It's definitely somewhat warm from the side though, and probably I will upgrade it in colour at some point. But it's still so beautiful, that like you, currently I can't justify the extra money. And if I do upgrade the colour, by how much? You went up two colour grades - but perhaps you still don't feel that's quite enough and you would prefer a colourless or closer to colourless diamond?

I recently had the pleasure of seeing a CBI H - I could see the colour in it too, but it was much less - would I be 'happy'? Or would I still need an F or a G? Maybe it would jump out less to me though. If you were going to upgrade in colour again how high would you go? :D
I don’t know how much higher I would go. When the time comes I may end up having several colors brought in to the CBI retailer in my area and see what I’m drawn to.

And I agree- being color sensitive is super annoying.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the time comes I may end up having several colors brought in to the CBI retailer in my area and see what I’m drawn to.
Please invite me along when you do this! Or maybe make it a DFW GTG! =)2

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and I love the setting, beautiful and contemporary but so much detail!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results