Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Upgrade! 1.27ct VS1 K HPD in Sholdt

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, so beautiful! You must be having so much fun staring at it and getting to know the stone. :kiss2:
I am enjoying staring at it! I have to be careful at work sitting at my desk because I don’t want anyone to catch me staring at my ring :lol-2:

Still trying to figure out a wedding band to wear with it. So far I’ve been wearing it solo and may continue to do so.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to wait a year or two to upgrade my .81ct HPD, but the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't help myself. I wanted to go with a K color to maximize size, and since Ks go fast, @LaylaR found me one that was still on the cutting room floor. Even with it being the busy season HPD was able to get the ring completed a couple weeks before I was expecting it :) As always, the HPD team was incredible and I could not be more happy with the setting from Sholdt.

And now for what you guys really want (for reference, finger is a size 7-7.5)...

IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1408.JPG IMG_1416.jpg IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1483.jpg IMG_1496.jpg IMG_1516.JPG

BEAUTIFUL! Love your gorgeous new ring.:love: Congratulations on an amazbling upgrade. Now that's the way to start the new year.:appl:

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Adding an update to this thread... unfortunately the K turned out to be too warm for me :( @LaylaR and @Wink went above and beyond and found me a future diamond (I SI1) that met the size requirement of my setting. The diamond ended up coming back from AGS as a VS2, and I could not be any happier with the proportions :) I received the finished ring last week and I am THRILLED.

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding an update to this thread... unfortunately the K turned out to be too warm for me :( @LaylaR and @Wink went above and beyond and found me a future diamond (I SI1) that met the size requirement of my setting. The diamond ended up coming back from AGS as a VS2, and I could not be any happier with the proportions :) I received the finished ring last week and I am THRILLED.

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg
Congrats, Beautiful ring!:love: love the proportions. :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I'm a Sholdt Fan, and this is fantastic protection especially since we tend to hit our diamonds mostly on the North end

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Img6992.jpg Img6989.jpg
Img6996.jpg
Img6988.jpg IMG_1967.jpg
Very cool.

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Always love working with HPD. I especially love that setting as well!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so excited when the AGS certificate was finally posted :)
Do you notice any difference in performance b/t this stone and the K since the two proportions are much different?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That's so great that you were able to change out your stone for a higher color. I'm glad that you can just enjoy that beauty now.

It's so sleek, and elegant. Yum!

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Always love working with HPD. I especially love that setting as well!
Thank you! And yes, HPD is wonderful to work with :)
Wow, really stunning!!!!
Thank you!
That's so great that you were able to change out your stone for a higher color. I'm glad that you can just enjoy that beauty now.

It's so sleek, and elegant. Yum!
Thank you :)
Do you notice any difference in performance b/t this stone and the K since the two proportions are much different?
Yes, I do. I've been trying to narrow down my preferred proportions for a while now because I do gravitate towards some super ideals more than others. I narrowed down the LGF I prefer about a year ago (76), but now I think I've finally figured out the other proportions too.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it's gorgeous too!

Interestingly I suspect you were struck more in person by the warmth than comes across in your pictures? Although I can see a difference in the glamour shots. :geek2:

I'm so glad you're getting to the stage where you can pinpoint the proportions that your eyes find pleasing. :D

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it's gorgeous too!

Interestingly I suspect you were struck more in person by the warmth than comes across in your pictures? Although I can see a difference in the glamour shots. :geek2:

I'm so glad you're getting to the stage where you can pinpoint the proportions that your eyes find pleasing. :D
Thank you!

Correct- I saw more warmth in person that you can tell from the photos. The photos were mostly taken face up and in the light, and portray accurately what I saw under those conditions. Unfortunately, I spend 90% (or more) of my time inside so I was able to see the warmth more easily- I would be sitting at my desk and turn the diamond ever so slightly and would be able to see a bit too much warmth for my liking.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

Correct- I saw more warmth in person that you can tell from the photos. The photos were mostly taken face up and in the light, and portray accurately what I saw under those conditions. Unfortunately, I spend 90% (or more) of my time inside so I was able to see the warmth more easily- I would be sitting at my desk and turn the diamond ever so slightly and would be able to see a bit too much warmth for my liking.
Do you have the I in person yet?

How are you finding it?

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have the I in person yet?

How are you finding it?
Yes, I've had it almost a month now and I love the diamond. I can still see warmth and if I had an extra $5k I would probably go up in color, but at this point in time the I color is my compromise and I am happy with it :)

I should also add- I saw warmth in my GIA graded .9ct H with MBF... so I'm a bit color sensitive/intolerant :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I've had it almost a month now and I love the diamond. I can still see warmth and if I had an extra $5k I would probably go up in color, but at this point in time the I color is my compromise and I am happy with it :)

I should also add- I saw warmth in my GIA graded .9ct H with MBF... so I'm a bit color sensitive/intolerant :)
I am also very colour sensitive; I can see the colour in a G without a comparison stone. Frankly it's annoying. :lol: I think I originally interpreted my colour sensitivity as colour intolerance, but I have realised that I am more colour tolerant with CBIs.

My current stone is a J, and it is beautiful. It's definitely somewhat warm from the side though, and probably I will upgrade it in colour at some point. But it's still so beautiful, that like you, currently I can't justify the extra money. And if I do upgrade the colour, by how much? You went up two colour grades - but perhaps you still don't feel that's quite enough and you would prefer a colourless or closer to colourless diamond?

I recently had the pleasure of seeing a CBI H - I could see the colour in it too, but it was much less - would I be 'happy'? Or would I still need an F or a G? Maybe it would jump out less to me though. If you were going to upgrade in colour again how high would you go? :D

Wewechew

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am also very colour sensitive; I can see the colour in a G without a comparison stone. Frankly it's annoying. :lol: I think I originally interpreted my colour sensitivity as colour intolerance, but I have realised that I am more colour tolerant with CBIs.

My current stone is a J, and it is beautiful. It's definitely somewhat warm from the side though, and probably I will upgrade it in colour at some point. But it's still so beautiful, that like you, currently I can't justify the extra money. And if I do upgrade the colour, by how much? You went up two colour grades - but perhaps you still don't feel that's quite enough and you would prefer a colourless or closer to colourless diamond?

I recently had the pleasure of seeing a CBI H - I could see the colour in it too, but it was much less - would I be 'happy'? Or would I still need an F or a G? Maybe it would jump out less to me though. If you were going to upgrade in colour again how high would you go? :D
I don’t know how much higher I would go. When the time comes I may end up having several colors brought in to the CBI retailer in my area and see what I’m drawn to.

And I agree- being color sensitive is super annoying.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and I love the setting, beautiful and contemporary but so much detail!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.