shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs the color on that looks like a faint pink for sure, it has to be an error.

One diamond 2, do you have a chunky funky cut like that? I would love to see one in motion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs the color on that looks like a faint pink for sure, it has to be an error.

One diamond 2, do you have a chunky funky cut like that? I would love to see one in motion.

Nope, don't have one. The checkerboard pattern round is on my wishlist for sure, but I'd prefer v strong blue fluor instead of strong.

I want to ask them about the color of the first one

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Wtf is happening with this color? Just weird lighting?

And this is the type of weird chunky cut I love

You're such a bad good influence!! That is such an odd color; I can't believe it's labeled as an F - I can't imagine how it looks in the sun with strong blue fluorescence. I would have thought that was a K-L faint brownish pink

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty pinky peach color...I wonder how much it shows up in person?

I like the wonky checkboard/arrows too.

Both these would be fun to play around with!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No error, just chatted with JA. They don't know why it looks pinkish. They think either:
1. Since grade is given face down its white from that view
2. Something about photography
3. It won't be noticeable IRL

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy!!! It's just so freakin' special! I look at it and it makes me feel good.
How soon can you have it and be sending us photos?

Thanks for your kind enabling :D. As long as they have it, I would assume a few days. I am still waiting on the confirmation email that it is available.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Part H&A, part step cut...do you have the link @oncrutchesrightnow ? Curious about what the report shows as faceting
pattern. Probably just shows a generic cushion pattern but ???
Sorry, I just had the photo. It is from Brilliance. There are a lot of similar stones so they should be easy to find.

Best guess is photography.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I love that one,but I hate working with Brilliance. I bought one stone from them and then they started bugging me a lot. Does that always happen with them?

They will hound you. I want to get the video for lovedogs's "this weirdness" stone but I hesitate.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will hound you. I want to get the video for lovedogs's "this weirdness" stone but I hesitate.

Yup. I've asked them for videos a bunch of times, and always get emails, calls, etc.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Some really cool, beautiful, and seemingly well cut weird lab and synthetic (not getting into the stone label debate) stones.

Laser scrap gets recycled into something really pretty.

IMG_1614.png

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

And this is the type of weird chunky cut I love

1) I love the pink tint. Too bad it’s just bad photography. Why would they do that? I’ve seen so many JA diamonds tinted ugly, and I don’t see why they don’t try to control for that…

2) that’s a Checkerboard Transitional. Yes! Also the “zoned” diamond looks a bit like a Checkerboard Transitional too.

SIGH, I love all these wonky diamonds.

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It arrived :) I like it. My 1.41 lab is shown in a couple pics for comparison.
The L Si2 seems deeper.

20240229_105931.jpg 1000003066.jpg 1000003067.jpg 1000003071.jpg 1000003056.jpg

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Gobs of personality! I really like it, I even like the inclusions. Will you keep it?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Gobs of personality! I really like it, I even like the inclusions. Will you keep it?

I sure will! I was expecting/bracing myself to not like it, but I really do love it, little inclusions and all. It does have a deep hall of mirrors effect I like very much. More so than my other emerald cut. Now to decide a setting. I wrapped it in tinfoil and saw no effect on the stone, so considering that bezel setting, or some sort of bezel setting. Also, maybe Sholdt fern finish (bezel or 1/2 bezel) in yellow gold? It would be rustic like the stone. Yellow gold or plat...hmmm

Outside:

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yesss. My best EC is stupid deep, like 81%, and it just doesn't turn off.
Love your setting ideas! YG or plat., you can't go wrong.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think the color and depth of yours is what I love about it. I literally stalk your diamond. :D I "think" the depth is what I like about mine. Still not sure "why" but just glad I do and don't need to return to Ritani.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results