shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
More stupid pet rock tricks. Add phosphorescent stuff. Looks white. 1000003383.jpg

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. How did you have it set ?

I'm revisiting some old threads. I haven't had it set yet. Was just thinking about it. It's tucked away in my own little corner of Alex's safe, along with quite a few other diamonds. I really should start figuring out what I want to do with all of these diamonds

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
@glitterata @Ibrakeforpossums @lovedogs Thank you so much! I love our band of wonky diamond lovers.

@oncrutchesrightnow I am seriously stumped. I side it glows a crazy blue. Even at 2 feet from the uv light it's a turquoise blue, at 3 feet it fades to a purplish effect. I have no idea why. GIA says very strong blue. I went outside to try to figure it out. Could it be reflecting sky? But my other diamonds do not turn that color.

Outside from the side I am not reading purple at all.

The second pic is when i first went outside

Third was after a few minutes.
I'm stumped.
1000003348.jpg

1000003347.jpg 1000003368.jpg
1000003344.jpg 1000003071.jpg

I think the purple is the fluorescence reacting to the sunlight, the light blue is a reflection of the sky, and the turquoise is a reaction to a UV flashlight. Whatever the causes, it is SO NEATO and SO BEAUTIFUL and you are ONE LUCKY DUCK. (Apologies for yelling! That stone is SO EXCITING, I CAN'T HELP MYSELF.)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think the purple is the fluorescence reacting to the sunlight, the light blue is a reflection of the sky, and the turquoise is a reaction to a UV flashlight. Whatever the causes, it is SO NEATO and SO BEAUTIFUL and you are ONE LUCKY DUCK. (Apologies for yelling! That stone is SO EXCITING, I CAN'T HELP MYSELF.)
Your reply made me smile. Thank you! I am trying not to over spam this thread with my new toy, but I am really excited with it too!

Is it a frog or a toad you have to kiss before finding the prince? Cuz I think you just did, you found the Magic One.
:D This thread has been exceedingly dangerous to me...and a few times I bought and tried stones here but sent them back. Ritani only allows two returns a year. I had to make sure I was off their naughty list. But hey, I guess I did kiss a few toads!
Thanks for the fun support.

WOOOWWW!! I just fall more in love with it every new pic! That ring suits it perfectly. I don't think i've ever seen a fluorescence that color
Thanks so much! I saw the post you made with your guess on the optics and the why of the colors. Beats me!, however, I may wander/wonder over to IGS and see if anyone there would know what is causing the purple hue outside. Hope I am allowed to say that.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Okay ya'll I am now on ban island, I did another thing this morning - for a pendant.
But here is the news that maybe everyone else already knew. On BN, if you search diamonds for "good" symmetry, you'll find old cuts! There are a few more incase anyone else wants to exhibit poor impulse control too. Looks like the girdle is bruted except for where they polished off and etched the GIA number (which I tried to read)

This is my new Si1 .73 old euro. No floro tho :(

bn old cut.png

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
A few more for sale:

point57.png

petals.png

This one is ...transitional with culet? :D
Screenshot 2024-03-16 083026.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some oddities I found.

Heart:

Emerald (the color is so weird but I love it). @MMtwo it reminds me of yours bc it's unusual.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Some oddities I found.

Heart:

Emerald (the color is so weird but I love it). @MMtwo it reminds me of yours bc it's unusual.

The emerald is showing interesting flashes. Is it an SI? I actually have come to like the inclusions in mine. I never thought I would be okay with inclusions. Probably still would not for a main E-ring but as a collection rock.. all bets are off.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like the price of 1 and flashes on number 2 :)
I usually use Ritani. I'll check other sites.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, many sites seem to screen out VSB.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the price of 1 and flashes on number 2 :)
I usually use Ritani. I'll check other sites.

Lol, that's my problem

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
It’s a steal for G color in a 2 carat stone!

IMG_2944.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I do not need this.
I do not need this.
I do not need this.

IMG_2945.jpeg

Not so much unusual, just not that easy for us consumers to find a lot of…

What are the measurements?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Soooo tiny!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I do like it. I like the proportions. GIA 6482604089
It might have a slightly sleepy effect?

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I spotted a beautiful and glittery 4-5 carat shield cut diamond in an interesting YG setting the window of Jack Sutton. As I got out my phone to take a photo to share here the salesperson appeared at the door and watched me and offered to show it to me.

It was awkward, so I didn’t get a photo. She didn’t expressly say “no photos” but lingering and watching me sent the same signal. :( I really wanted to share it here, so here is my horrible reproduction using a similarly cut ring I found online! (the diamond in the image I used for the reproduction is around two carats, so just imagine double the size.)

IMG_8488.jpeg

I checked the website but it doesn’t appear to be there either. It was ~$64k, a bit more than most tourists would pick up on a whim! I love shield and kite cuts though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results