shape
carat
color
clarity

Unheated Burma Ruby RHR by Maytal; pls help me choose side stones from photos

Ok I have video- it took me a bit to figure out the best way to post video on PS!

Video #1 showing the new more expensive pair.

Video #2 is for Pair #2 (which everyone in this thread voted for in the first round.)

So, is it worth $500 more for .61 ct vs .40 ct sidestones that appear the same size face up, are same color and clarity, but return light better?

I think you’ll have to see for yourself. Tbh, the difference to me isn’t nearly pronounced enough for me to be willing to pay an extra $500, I’d rather put that money towards something else. But you have to weigh up what is important to you. What does that $500 spell in terms of opportunity cost, and is that trade off worth it?

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Ok I have video- it took me a bit to figure out the best way to post video on PS!

Video #1 showing the new more expensive pair.

Video #2 is for Pair #2 (which everyone in this thread voted for in the first round.)

So, is it worth $500 more for .61 ct vs .40 ct sidestones that appear the same size face up, are same color and clarity, but return light better?

All things equal but better light return for $500 more.....easy choice. Spend the $500 to get better light return. Especially considering this is an heirloom piece and you’ve been holding this stone for 13 years. You won’t regret it :)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I do like the more expensive pair based on the videos. All things considered $500 probably isn't that much in the total price so I'd go with those.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your feedback! Your advice truly means a lot to me. I’ve decided to go for the better cut Pair #1 despite the higher cost since I’m expecting this ring to be one of the top two (along with my CBI/Mark Morrell e-ring) most treasured pieces in my entire jewelry collection. I’ll post when I get Maytal’s famous sketches back!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I already have my sapphire center and OEC sides. Just have to get them sent off for her to set!

Can’t wait to see your project. If you haven’t worked with Maytal before, I’ve had an extremely positive experience. She’s so attentive.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Can’t wait to see your project. If you haven’t worked with Maytal before, I’ve had an extremely positive experience. She’s so attentive.

I'll be watching for your updates too! I've never done a project with her but have been talking to her for a couple weeks and she's been great. She always seems very interested in and excited about my project which I can't say for all vendors.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Maytal's final top view and side view sketches of the ring- now it goes into production!

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 47

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That will be so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results