shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Not being mean, but blurry photos will "make" the stone look much bigger than they actually are, kinda makes it not true to life. I''ve noticed that trend when I take photos of my ring on my mobile.

And I really agree with a 1 carat swamping my finger, its nice but not right now. Heh, there is a 2 - 2.5ct calling my name for when I am >40!
31.gif

Kaili: Its okay, I understand completely and do wish I had the money and lifestyle to carry off a much bigger stone too, but reality beckons.
9.gif

mobileeg.jpg

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Here is my ring. Center stone is .33 ct from Whiteflash, it''s a Cut Above, H, SI1, the total weight is 5/8 ct :)

jennalynringixydigital.JPG

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 8
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
Author: JCJD

.96 cts will look HUGE on your tiny finger!! I believe the average ring finger size in the US is a 6 or 7 (based on sample sizes at jewelry stores), so your finger is below average. If you take that information along with the fact that the majority of diamond e-rings in the US is approx. .75 cts, yours will be far from ''small'' for your finger.
1.gif
Would love to see a picture of your stone if you''ve got one!!!

ETA - Oooo! I forgot to add that if you want to make the stone look larger, you could set it in a pave halo setting, a la Treysar or Reena''s erings. Treysar''s stone in particular looks like it''s over twice as large in her halo setting compared with her solitaire - absolutely gorgeous!!
You can see my diamond in this thread.

I have been looking at settings like Treysar and Reena. I think they are gorgeous! I''m also looking at settings that have a smaller mm band to make the stone look larger on me.

Looking at all of these gorgeous rings is so much fun!!
9.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Everyone''s rings are so pretty! I like my small hands too. They''re the only skinny part of my body.
2.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Here's a .30 ct (approx. H/VS2), set in band with .21 ct.:

pinky2.jpg

I don't have itty bitty fingers, so I wear that one as a pinky ring.

Here's a .99 ct I/SI2 in a Sakamoto setting:

sakamototop.jpg

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 8:25:45 PM
Author: rms
All of your rings are gorgeous!! And the styles are so varied, it makes them so fun to look through.

Ivy, I must say that your setting is really stunning!! I am wondering if you have a wedding band to go with it and what does/will it look like?
Unfortunately, I do not have a matching band. I'd always wanted a matching wedding set and actually chose that ering because Whiteflash said they'd have the matching band shortly after I was engaged. Well, I settled on a plain wg band (my ering is platinum) because I couldn't picture how the WF band would look. I hope to some day either have WF design something especially for my ering or get a diamond eternity 2mm ring from Signed Pieces or WF. My wg band yellowed shortly after getting married so now I'm left either wearing my band alone, my ering alone or wearing a cz eternity with it. You can read more about wg/platinum rings in: Wearing platinum and white gold together?

Some day I'll have my matching wedding band
2.gif

See. I'm just not crazy about this band from WF. I'd like something that I can wear w/out the ering and this really doesn't look like you can.
7.gif

WFChampWBand.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll bet that ring looks good with the e-ring but alone it kinda reminds me of something you''d see hovering over Roswell, NM.

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!!
26.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2005 6:16:42 PM
Author: Ivy

See. I''m just not crazy about this band from WF. I''d like something that I can wear w/out the ering and this really doesn''t look like you can.
7.gif
Does the plain band fit next to the ring ? Perhaps WF can set the little doamond clouds in a confort fir platinum band. Can''t see why not.

Perhaps they just wanted to be "different" with this offcenter knife edge design and went just a bit over the edge... with no practical reason behind the choice.

38.gif
Actually... that looks like an appealing fashion ring to me.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
"beam me up.." ROFL!!
9.gif
That space band is really unique.

Here is a set from my dad's family. My mom didn't want it so I gladly adopted it. I think the rb is about .30 ct. no idea about the band. Must be about a 5.5-6 US ring size since my middle finger is the closest fit(and it comes off a bit too easily).

dads1.JPG

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Here is my .95 ct diamond in two different settings...

...as a plain solitaire:

Picture007.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
...and with .10 ct sidestones on a pave band:

Ring060_edited.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my ering...

Diamond: .75 RB
Ring Size: 6.75

To add to what JCJD said about a pave halo making a stone look bigger, a thin band will help too. I think that is one thing that helps my stone look bigger is the band being so thin.

nice_closeup52.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
This isn't the best pic but this is my original e-ring diamond, a 0.38ct H, SI2 round. I had it in a different setting before but recently had it reset in a dvatche/x-prong type setting. The original setting had 0.12ct of side stones (3, 2 pt diamonds on each side). Now that it is in the solitaire, I think it looked bigger with the sidestones.

Edited to try reposting the pic.

38reset#1.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. My ring is a bit over 1 ct - 1.14 to be exact. But I know that some might apprecciate the the way I have maximized the size by choosing the setting below. I LOVE this pic - it''s amazing what a change in setting can do!!

b4nafterring3.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
1 more :)

b4nftaring4.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love that setting Treysar.

Here is mine. It's a .86 Star 129 (it's a129facet modified rb) I wear a 5.5. Its loose more often than it's perfect.

I hope my wedding band is here soon!!!!!!! DAMN HIM AND HIS SECRETS! I WANT MY RING!!!!!! Ok..Im ok...breathe.

Oh and if you think of a cool setting idea let me know. Im still fighting with making it a 3 stone with some quarter carats of the same cut.

ameringcollage.jpg

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Wow ..Treysar
I never realizd how much the setting could change the look of the stone size. It is very beautiful and classic. That would be a bezel setting right? Or is it called something else?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Yup – that’s a bezel setting. Some call it a halo, or a frame. Technically it is “bead set” but I always call it pave. Thanks for liking it! It’s kind of like a push up bra for a diamond – really EMPHASIZES the beauty without having to actually go up a few cup sizes, ya know?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha push up bra. Mine would be up to my throat.

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
hi my wife''s a pricescope junky ( she''s gonna kill me)
14.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha sweetpinkshubby.....you''re singing to the choir here!! we''re glad to have her!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha! Youll just have to "buy her off" with more bling.

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
one more thing bye the way i took those pics i did a great job huh?
36.gif

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
ame don''t let her see you write that

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 3:25:14 PM
Author: sweetpinkshubby
hi my wife''s a pricescope junky ( she''s gonna kill me)
14.gif
Junky, huh? Well, maybe we should start a support group? lol!

...Ummm, hello. My name is ________, and I love diamonds...
35.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey sweetpinkshubby: If you''re on here, how is she supposed to rant about you without your knowledge??!!!
11.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome sweetpinkshubby!!! We hear that you two are gleefully happy newlyweds - Congrats!! I agree with ame, but sweetpink didn''t hear that.
12.gif

Hey Ivy - could you get two of those matching wedding rings, one for each side of your ering (a la Patty and marriahlyn), and then you could wear them together without the ering when you wanted to. They wouldn''t look as spaceship-y that way.

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
thank you jcdc. and ivy i just might start a support group "pricescope addiction can it be tamed" first meeting will be the blinding of the bling

Reactions: Jr3

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 4:21:36 PM
Author: JCJD
Welcome sweetpinkshubby!!! We hear that you two are gleefully happy newlyweds - Congrats!! I agree with ame, but sweetpink didn''t hear that.
12.gif

Hey Ivy - could you get two of those matching wedding rings, one for each side of your ering (a la Patty and marriahlyn), and then you could wear them together without the ering when you wanted to. They wouldn''t look as spaceship-y that way.
JCJD,

As you can see, the band fits the ering in an odd way and 2 bands just wouldn''t sit next to each other very well. They are slightly tilted out. I was told that they were designed like that so that the band would not rub against the ering. I actually sketched a band for the ering today and sent it to Whiteflash. Let''s see if it can be done. BTW, I''d never noticed it, but it really does look spacey.
40.gif

champbandwithering.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results