shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sparkle Sparkle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Saturday night my b/f, excuse me make that my fiance(!

23.gif
!) finally popped the question! I knew he picked up the ring on November 19th and i was even more anxious to get the sucker on my finger! He originally ment to give me the ring for my birthday in October, but didnt realize that they would have to make the setting when he went to purchase it the day before, opps!

My family is good ol'' simple southern folk and i always thought/wanted my fiance to ask my dad first... such a simple tradition and i knew my Daddy would get a kick out of it as well. I told D a while ago that i wanted him to ask my dad, and so he did. My dad even mentioned that he didnt know people still did that today and everyone in my family was impressed and thought it very gentlemenly that he had done that.

Anyways... on to the good stuff...
I came home from work on Friday and thought for sure it was the day, but it wasnt
39.gif
7.gif
I had worked myself up so much that i fell pretty hard and was depressed and wondering why he hadnt done it. So then saturday night we were just hanging out at home after a day full of shopping. We were listening to the Nutcracker and enjoying some wine and cheese. The lights on the Christmas tree were twinkling and we had candles burning and then he came over in front of me and got on one knee and simply said, "K, will you marry me?" He then got out a bottle of champagne he had hidden in the fridge (how on earth did i not see that!?!) and toasted to us and our future! Very simple but very sweet! And all i have to say is CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS ROCK!!! They make my diamond so sparkly and shoot fire all over the place!!!
So here is the first pic and all the specs i know so far:
Size: .75cts
Color: E This sucker is sooooooo icy white! I was expecting more like G-J... hes spoiled me now! No going back!!!
9.gif
11.gif

Clarity: SI2, soooo totally eyeclean!
Probably doesnt have the most ideal proportions, but it sparkles its little heart out... I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

nice_closeup52.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How elegant!!
emlove.gif
Congrats!!!!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We went shopping for settings together. I picked out my top three and he picked the one from those, so there would still be some surprise. I''m so glad he picked this one as it is my favorite out of all of them!!! Its a Tacori solitaire in platinum. Im not sure of the style # or anything, but its just so detailed and and delicate and the band being so thin makes the diamond pop right out!!!

nice_sides.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Angle view on my finger... sit tight, there are lots of pics!

top_bentfinger.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Heres one with my hand stuck in our Christmas tree... im serious about those lights! A-MAZ-ING!

pretty_tree.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Close up in the box...

nice_magnified.jpg

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
What a great proposal story! Very gorgeous ring. Thanks for the additional pictures!
30.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl!!!
36.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow...look at those intricate details! Beautiful--more pics! Congratulations!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
*GASP!!!!!*

Those details are incredible!! Love Love Love the tapered shank and the gorgeous basket and prongs!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkle, sparkle!

blinding256.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
More sparkle, sparkle!

lotso_sparkle.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
And of course some more sparkles. They are horrible dark pictures, but you can see the flashes! Once again the Christmas tree...

dark_sparkles.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh, njc, congratulations!!!!
36.gif
how exciting, and right around the holidays, too!

your ring is exquisite. the stone is sooo white and it looks like a real sparkler--and that SETTING!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
i''ve always been a fan of that style--the basket looks like a little crown. it''s so delicate and elegant and beautiful. magnificent!

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
The diamond is soooo sparkly, and I absolutely LOVE the setting. Congratulations!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
And to my knowledge, this is the only inclusion... This is with a little printers loop i have. Its either 6 or 10x im not sure which. I can only find it with my naked eye when i stare REALLY REALLY hard...

includion_here.jpg

genie

Rough_Rock
COngrats on your engagement! And beautiful ring too!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
And one more whole hand shot (minus the crazy Star Trek fingers from earlier). And the other thing i havent said is ring size... 6.75!!! So for you all out there that think your fingers are too big (as i did) try it all on, you might surprise yourself!!!

whole_hand.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh NJC! It''s a beautiful ring.
Thanks for all the pictures. I love the christmas lights one. lol
And Best Wishes to you!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwww.............
i love the story and i love the ring!!
congrats!!

and finally your wait is over!!!! yaaayyyyy!!
1.gif
1.gif
(i don't post much but i've followed the waiting threads...)

love it!!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
That ring looks so perfect on your hand and the close shots of the detail on the setting, well, you are a very lucky girl.

I''m so glad he surprised you with an icier stone than your were expecting--you certainly deserve it!

Congrats and good luck with all the wedding planning that is to come!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aw, so sweet! your ring is beautiful- i love the delicate setting! congrats and best wishes
1.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
NJC - FABULOUS! FABULOUS !!!! lovely story and gorgeous ring ! long LONG happy days to the pair of you !

:)
Croí

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your ring is just beatiful and I love the setting!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful proposal story and beautiful ring! I love stories like that -- they are so simple and heartfelt. Best wishes for your engagement and marriage!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
njc, the details on that ring are phenomenal! I love the engraving!! It''s just GAWgeous!!!
3.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I love the story. So simple and perfect. I am so happy. I told BF to ask the folks, I think they will just appreciate the gesture. Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
NJC, Love the closeups of your ring! Beautiful setting!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the wonderful compliments everyone!!! I would have taken the ever popular Double Mint wrapper setting created by JCJD and Diamonds4Me with the cornia searing hunk o'' granite... But i really am happy with the whole thing... I really do love the setting and the FIANCE did a great job picking it all out. Hes told me no more diamonds, but ive already got more bling in mind for the wedding band!!!
9.gif

gumwrap2.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
that is a very lovely ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results